Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a few people to test my New French VPS Hosting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a few people to test my New French VPS Hosting

Comments

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2014

@AThomasHowe said: Right, so just like those providers you're "better" than, someone is selling you the same story. Nobody is going to give you truly unlimited bandwidth, not at low end provider prices anyway.

Intergenia providers give 100mbit unmetered default.

• soldonisoldoni Member

you start a business and you use a free billing script for it??? mmm seems legit!

• soldonisoldoni Member

Man check your billing software, I already ordered 2 VPS for FREE

Thanked by 2sz1hosting Mark_R
  • Ubuntu 13.04 also doesn't get security updates as of January 2014. My advice would be to only offer templates/isos for distributions that will still get updates.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

AThomasHowe said: Right, so just like those providers you're "better" than, someone is selling you the same story. Nobody is going to give you truly unlimited bandwidth, not at low end provider prices anyway.

Yes maybe 10tb is too much may edit the bandwidth, will ask the technicians about it and see what they say.

soldoni said: Man check your billing software, I already ordered 2 VPS for FREE

This has been fixed now, thank you for pointing it out, we have anti abuse software running so no harm done.

edited May 2014

soldoni said: you start a business and you use a free billing script for it??? mmm seems legit!

Yes there is no harm in passing savings on to the customer, we will be upgrading to pro shortly.

• deptadapt said: Ubuntu 13.04 also doesn't get security updates as of January 2014. My advice would be to only offer templates/isos for distributions that will still get updates.

The templates added are all at the request of customers, we will review them shortly.

• PwnerPwner Member

@sz1hosting said:
    This has been fixed now, thank you for pointing it out, we have anti abuse software running so no harm done.

So does this mean that we have to pay to test your new VPS hosting? What's the point of paying to test it and then getting the test accounts terminated? That's like going to a car dealership and paying to test drive a car you want to rent.

edited May 2014

Pwner said: So does this mean that we have to pay to test your new VPS hosting? What's the point of paying to test it and then getting the test accounts terminated? That's like going to a car dealership and paying to test drive a car you want to rent.

I did not say a test vps would cost anything if you would like a test vps please message me, thanks.

Please Note: Test VPS is only for 24 Hours.

• LordSpock said: Intergenia providers give 100mbit unmetered default.

Unmetered, not unlimited. If you take the piss they'll charge you for overages.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • LordSpock said: If I was you I would amend your terms and service - it's very vague, and could cause you getting legal abusers.

We had a solicitor write this up for us http://hostingvps.pw/terms.htm

• itrmikeitrmike Member

@sz1hosting said:

Is your solicitor by any chance everyone's good friend Google?

Thanked by 1sc754
    edited May 2014

@itrmike said:
    Is your solicitor by any chance everyone's good friend Google?

No from England - family, they just did the final check and edited it a little.

• nerouxneroux Member

@soldoni said:
    you start a business and you use a free billing script for it??? mmm seems legit!

No offence, but I dont see how this should be related.

.... after all, you claim to be a lot better than Google employees in terms of search engine optimisation, but yet run your business on a free operating system with a free web server using a free encryption library which was only recently subject to a major security flaw ;).

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
    edited May 2014

deleted

• nerouxneroux Member

You do realise my comments were not in any way in response to anything you said?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • neroux said: You do realise my comments were not in any way in response to anything you said?

I do now yes ha ha

• boerndboernd Member
    edited May 2014
    edited May 2014

We are going to change data center to usa and then offer eu locations soon, at this time las vegas servers are available.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah Intergenia AG also called Server4you has only in France and US DC's.

edited May 2014

Yes france though we use german ip's we have decided to keep the eu location france / germany as a technician said there was a outage so i cancelled but after careful investigation it turns out it was another tech who caused the outage not the data center. ( the tech who caused this confusion is no longer with us )
    Also we will be offering kvm's in usa maybe CA soon - very soon! also NL will be coming soon too and more locations we are teaming up with quite a few people right now and preparing everything and will release a offer soon!

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@sz1hosting said:

I'm pretty confused by all of this..

How many people are behind 'sz1Hosting Group'?

And wouldn't it be better to get one location up and make sure it's stable first before planning 'more locations' because as far as I can see (apart from the test VPS) you are currently not selling any VPS'?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

@iKeyZ

We are currently preparing the servers and should be offering services in the next few days, i would like it to be today but we need to make sure everything is ok 1st, any nodes we use will be very stable and to ensure this we have not released a offer yet on lowendtalk.

Currently we have 15 people behind sz1Hosting Group 5 of them are full time the others are on contracts for when and if we need there services or advice, we are working with 4 different hosting providers - (Getting help & advice from them etc) 2 of them are very well known on lowendtalk though i can not reveal these providers as it would be unethical as they are not directly involved with sz1Hosting Group.

Thanks

• wychwych Member

10TB u> @sz1hosting said:

Yes france though we use german ip's we have decided to keep the eu location france / germany as a technician said there was a outage so i cancelled but after careful investigation it turns out it was another tech who caused the outage not the data center. ( the tech who caused this confusion is no longer with us )
    Also we will be offering kvm's in usa maybe CA soon - very soon! also NL will be coming soon too and more locations we are teaming up with quite a few people right now and preparing everything and will release a offer soon!

I would get one location ironed out first and then look to expand.

@sz1hosting said:
    Currently we have 15 people behind sz1Hosting Group 5 of them are full time the others are on contracts for when and if we need there services or advice, we are working with 4 different hosting providers 2 of them are very well known on lowendtalk though i can not reveal these providers as it would be unethical as they are not directly involved with sz1Hosting Group.

Nice to see your expanding.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
    edited May 2014

wych said: Nice to see your expanding.

Thanks wych, we will take our time in the expansion though we could do it very fast due to myself having quite a few contacts / friends in the hosting industry, this is the same advice i was given by my team. ( take it slow and steady )

Thanked by 1Floris
  • alexhalexh Member

sz1hosting said: We had a solicitor write this up for us http://hostingvps.pw/terms.htm

Solicitors don't have to pass the bar exam AFAIK; Not sure if this person was the most suitable for this task.

If you fail to pay any sums due to us as they become due, we may suspend the Services and/or terminate this Agreement forthwith without notice to you.

Holy toledo, this is difficult to understand.

If you are a and you go into insolvent liquidation or suffer the appointment of an administrator or administrative receiver or enter into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors, we shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement forthwith.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

The services available on this site are subject to both export and or import restrictions. Please check regulations in the country you are in to see if these products are allowed for import into your country.

I'm not importing anything... I hope?

You will not host any form of Game Server

May want to look into this.

You agree to be liable for any damages or loss of service which results in damages to sz1Hosting Group as a result of any spamming or other violations of Section 5 above. These damages include, but are not limited to, system shut downs, retaliatory attacks or data flooding, and loss of peering arrangements. You agree that sz1Hosting Group may pursue any such claims against you in Court.

And this one too. Are you threatening to DoS (retaliatory attacks, data flooding) clients who spam or violate section 5? Or do you just allow your servers to have these actions taken against them?

edited May 2014

The terms are written by a professional so we will abide by these terms, if you would like further information please submit a ticket to https://billing.hostingvps.pw

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited May 2014

@sz1hosting said:
    The terms are written by a professional so we will abide by these terms, if you would like further information please submit a ticket to https://billing.hostingvps.pw or http://sz1.me

Even If you are a and you go into...?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • hostnoob said: Even If you are a and you go into...?

Sorry i do not understand your reply? Could you try again please>

• Even If you are a and you go into

The "a" in that sentence is out of place or there's a word missing. Otherwise the examples quoted by @alexh are just as comprehensible as stuff I've read in other agreements and legal documents. I didn't read the whole thing though, and IANAL.