Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a few people to test my New French VPS Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a few people to test my New French VPS Hosting

Comments

• LowENDLowEND Member

@sz1hosting - What are "7220 UPM Disks"?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited May 2014

LowEND said: @sz1hosting - What are "7220 UPM Disks"?

7220 UPM disks come with enhanced DRM speeds which cause floppy bitrates, normally this is not caused by 5TG. However because it has caching it's called UPM.
    Disks are also SATA2 and HP

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • LowENDLowEND Member

@sz1hosting - What's the official name?

edited May 2014

LowEND said: @sz1hosting - What's the official name?

• It's called SATA2 HP178 *

EDITED: a friend of mine insisted it was called trolleg technology, so i trusted him and posted the wrong details.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

sz1hosting said: enhanced TR0LLEG technology.

Enhanced troll-engine technology, eh?

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • viCommunications said: troll-engine

That does sound quite funny actually!

• alexhalexh Member

sz1hosting said: 7220 UPM disks come with enhanced DRM speeds which cause floppy bitrates, normally this is not caused by 5TG. However because it has caching it's called UPM. Disks are also SATA2 and HP

Could you please provide a link to HP's website with this information on it or something?

edited May 2014

alexh said: Could you please provide a link to HP's website with this information on it or something?

The drives i have are 2x 2000 GB SATA 2 HDD, 7,200 rpm and not the one listed below i can not find myself either must be very new what i have.
    https://h30094.www3.hp.com/product/sku/10415591

• BoxodeBoxode Member

sz1hosting said: The drives i have are 2x 2000 GB SATA 2 HDD, 7,200 rpm and not the one listed below i can not find myself either must be very new what i have. https://h30094.www3.hp.com/product/sku/10415591

So you don't even know what hardware your nodes are running on? Oh my. :(

edited May 2014

viCommunications said: So you don't even know what hardware your nodes are running on? Oh my. :(

I know exactly what they are running on* i just do not have links for you.

• alexhalexh Member

sz1hosting said: I know exactly what they are running on* i just do not have links for you.

This is embarrassing to the whole community.

You don't know what hardware you are using. You cannot link me to their appropriate spec pages; HP publishes these specs prior to release. There is no special technology, you are attempting to fool customers with padded DD results. Where I live, practices like this fall under the category of dishonesty.

I'm sorry, but you should maybe focus on your business, or personal problems, before trying to troll an entire community.

• @alexh said:
    I'm sorry, but you should maybe focus on your business, or personal problems, before trying to troll an entire community.

The DD results are not padded, I can offer you a test VPS if you want.

Thanked by 1Boxode
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

If I was you I would amend your terms and service - it's very vague, and could cause you getting legal abusers.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • A freind thought it would be funny for me to post the wrong details and insisted i post what he sent me so i trusted him and will not trust his advice anymore!!

alexh said: This is embarrassing to the whole community.

You don't know what hardware you are using. You cannot link me to their appropriate spec pages; HP publishes these specs prior to release. There is no special technology, you are attempting to fool customers with padded DD results. Where I live, practices like this fall under the category of dishonesty.

Disks are SATA2 HP1782

sz1hosting said: LowEND said: @sz1hosting - What's the official name?

*It's called SATA2 HP178 *

EDITED: a friend of mine insisted it was called trolleg technology, so i trusted him and posted the wrong details.**

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

guys it's 1.8MB/s not 1.8GB/s

I/O Speed (dd): 1.8 MB/s

• @AlexanderM said:
    guys it's 1.8MB/s not 1.8GB/s

Ha! Nice drama going on.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

AlexanderM said: guys it's 1.8MB/s not 1.8GB/s

Lolwow. Would a VPS even function properly on that I/O?

edited May 2014

I will check with the technicians and update the thread asap as I was given details by email so maybe they where wrong. Also quite a few people have tested the services so if anyone who has tested the services can reply here with there results please.
    Please note i am not a 1 man team so misinformation can occur at times.
    On hostingvps.pw you will see the information on our services which are 100% correct.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited May 2014

@PetaByet @AlexanderM

I swear the benchmark said 1.8 GB/s yesterday, interesting... O.o

Re-done the benchmark: http://www.freezepage.com/1399726847YYWZYAURET

Thanked by 2sz1hosting Rapta
  • RaptaRapta Member

@linuxthefish said:
    PetaByet AlexanderM

I swear the benchmark said 1.8 GB/s yesterday, interesting... O.o

Re-done the benchmark: https://www.petabyet.com/result/2014-05-10-e8ad58cec33511535681dd8152443571/

I recon PetaByet is biased, they get paid to ruin scores.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

sz1hosting said: A freind thought it would be funny for me to post the wrong details and insisted i post what he sent me so i trusted him and will not trust his advice anymore!!

You're supposed to be running a business mate, not indulging your buddy for laughs.

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014
  • sz1hosting said: 10 TB of bandwidth is like giving everyone unlimited in a sense compared to hosts that over sell, and say unlimited with 3tb or 5tb bandwidth caps.

So how many people are you planning on having per node if you're not overselling on 10TB b/w for $4/m in Europe. Unless of course your provider is selling you "unlimited".

Thanked by 1sz1hosting
  • AThomasHowe said: Unless of course your provider is selling you "unlimited".

correct : ) "unlimited".

i bought from there dc but not them.

• alexhalexh Member

sz1hosting said: I will check with the technicians and update the thread asap as I was given details by email so maybe they where wrong. Also quite a few people have tested the services so if anyone who has tested the services can reply here with there results please.

Seems that your story changes a lot. You need to start taking responsibility for these issues rather than saying maybe somebody else was wrong; It's a part of representing a business.

Furthermore, you're using SATA2 drives. The max throughput of SATA2 is 3Gb/s, which equals roughly 375 MB/s, right? Even striped instead of mirrored, throughput would not reach anywhere near 1.8 GB/s.

• Are you on Contabo? If so you cannot use more than 100Mbps for 10 days.

edited May 2014

serverian said: Are you on Contabo?

No not in contabo.

Please Note this is a test VPS OVZ-2GB has 50 GB Disk etc

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/05/10/9ejhKtwLhgt0puqV

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@serverian said:
    Are you on Contabo? If so you cannot use more than 100Mbps for 10 days.

They're using intergenia.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2014

380 iops with 1.8GB/sec dd.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited May 2014

sz1hosting said: correct : ) "unlimited".

Right, so just like those providers you're "better" than, someone is selling you the same story. Nobody is going to give you truly unlimited bandwidth, not at low end provider prices anyway.