Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GVH Down? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GVH Down?

Comments

• khavkhav Member

That's what happen when kids start a webhost :)

Couldn't even get some decent ddos protection

Offtopic :

Please guys stop making a GVH topic every single day , i am sick of this :)

If the host sucks (which its does apparently ) why don't you move host ?

For a list of reputable and professional

http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q1-the-results/

• GreenValueHost said: our official community forums: http://gvhcommunity.ipbhost.com (soon to be accessible through community.greenvaluehost.com)

We prefer LET and gvhtalk.com.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • wychwych Member

@joelgm said:

Less censorship.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • wych said: Less censorship.

Exactly.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Looks like they're down again on the www subdomain, the secure sub is still working though.

• @chauffer said:
    GreenValueHost, so professional they can't even figure out how to host a website for themselves (ipbhost.com)

Yeah, GVH is the only host whose homepage has ever gone down...

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited April 2014

Theres plenty to knock GVH down for. I don't think getting DDOSd is one of those things. It's got wider impact too. It think the site is hosted at Ramnode, so it's hurting them and possibly a number of Ramnode clients.

• @Virtovo said:
    Theres plenty to knock GVH down for. I don't think getting DDOSd is one of those things. It's got wider impact too. It think the site is hosted at Ramnode, so it's hurting them and possibly a number of Ramnode clients.

Sure is. A gaming community that I'm part of has been having a huge amount of issues on Ramnode's network lately :(

• 0xdragon said: gaming community

There's your problem. Probably only second to hacking forums for petty assholes who are more than happy to pay $10 for an hour or two of self validation.

• hostnoob said: Yeah, GVH is the only host whose homepage has ever gone down...

Nope. I can recall UGVPS and BlueVM having them down too.
    Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and get some kind of professional DDOS protection.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

You attempted to reach secure.greenvaluehost.com, but instead you actually reached a > server identifying itself as incapsula.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on > the server or by something more serious.

sigh > click

Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

• Incapsula is acting up, for some reason it's giving too many false positives. It's determined that over 90% of the traffic coming to our website is DDoS traffic, and the attack is still getting larger and larger.

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited April 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    Incapsula is acting up, for some reason it's giving too many false positives. It's determined that over 90% of the traffic coming to our website is DDoS traffic, and the attack is still getting larger and larger.

Something tells me you're extremely new to handling L7 attacks

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Incapsula does not offer DDOS protection until you subscribe to their business + plan. If thats the case, your ssl should work and not be invalid.

• @HC_Ro said:
    Incapsula does not offer DDOS protection until you subscribe to their business + plan. If thats the case, your ssl should work and not be invalid.

We're on their Business+ plan. It's acting up.

• For some reason when i try to load the page it just keeps asking me to enter the captcha

• @HC_Ro said:

Probably @GreenValueHost don't know that he needs to upload ssl cert and key files to incapsula.

--

Site error: the file /home/securegr/public_html/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

• alexhalexh Member

I think Jon lacks the knowledge necessary to run a web hosting business. Yes, DoS attacks are unavoidable, but every host deals with them, and coming up with strategies to solve problems effectively remains an important part of running a business. It's unfair to keep putting customers through this.

• @alexvolk I'm aware, but Incapsula is acting up. It's blocking legitimate traffic from our main website which doesn't use https so we've been trying to get that resolved first.

@alexh
    "and coming up with strategies to solve problems effectively remains an important part of running a business. It's unfair to keep putting customers through this."

Are you aware that this takes time and that we have no control over the situation? We're trying to get things resolved as quickly as possible and you're trying to make it worse for us. Are you the attacker?

• site still down, sadface.jpg

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GreenValueHost

Ignore this thread and focus on getting your shit running again. You've already given updates on the situation, so there's no need to worry about doing so until you've got stuff running again.

• Why is @joodle making comments about someone elses DDOS? Perhaps its because he learned so much by leaving his server unprotected at Delimiter?

• @GreenValueHost
    Are you aware that this takes time and that we have no control over the situation?

Im sure being a giant douche bag on LET had nothing to do with all this "extra" attention GVH has been receiving lately.........lol

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • Just_A_Noob said: Why is @joodle making comments about someone elses DDOS? Perhaps its because he learned so much by leaving his server unprotected at Delimiter?

I'm just saying that i keep getting captcha, there may be a loop or something

/offtopic:
    Also, why the fuck should i protect a development server, plus Delimiter has accused me of sending attacks from their network with that server, which is total bs

So please shut up and move on, thanks

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Just_A_Noob said:
    Why is joodle making comments about someone elses DDOS? Perhaps its because he learned so much by leaving his server unprotected at Delimiter?

Come on man, don't be a bitchy-bitch. Hugs are the order of the day, not bitch-slaps.

• Everyone please flush their DNS cache and browser cache. The attack is mitigated now.

• joodle said: Also, why the fuck should i protect a development server

Does it have a wire leading into it that connects to the internet? Good enough reason to secure anything.

• alexhalexh Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    alexvolk I'm aware, but Incapsula is acting up. It's blocking legitimate traffic from our main website which doesn't use https so we've been trying to get that resolved first.

alexh
    "and coming up with strategies to solve problems effectively remains an important part of running a business. It's unfair to keep putting customers through this."

Are you aware that this takes time and that we have no control over the situation? We're trying to get things resolved as quickly as possible and you're trying to make it worse for us. Are you the attacker?

I apologize if I have offended you; I have no personal bias, and as a result of reading LET, and my education, I made the assumption that DoS attacks are a common threat for internet services. Similarly, theft remains a common issue for brick-and-mortar businesses. I would also assume that business owners consider these challenges before starting their businesses.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

joodle said: Also, why the fuck should i protect a development server,

I hope you don't ever want a job in the web industry with an attitude like that. My employer's development servers are hardened even more than their production servers.

As @AThomasHowe said, anything connected to the internet should be hardened, otherwise you're inviting trouble.

• If you want to see how anything connected to the internet is a potential danger you only have to look a few months in the past to find reports of things like "smart" refrigerators being used to carry out DDoS attacks. if your fridge isn't safe a linux root server probably doesn't fare too much better, seems like a juicer target to me.

Thanked by 1Nekki
This discussion has been closed.