Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company.

12346»

Comments

• You know in the very thread you're referring to on VPSB a lot of people who love to hate Chicago VPS even were quick to admit the licenses are probably registered to NetWave, maybe he's not responding because most people see that (and maybe he doesn't want to get into the whole ownership debacle again, which seems likely to me).

It could be true but I doubt it, especially after the hacks.

Thanked by 2MannDude mpkossen
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

Toadyus said: If you run a hosting company and someone states you're running nulled software would you just ignore these claims

Yes I would.

First there is no proof whatsoever, not even a shred of reliable evidence. So there is nothing to prove or disprove.

Second, if @CVPS_Chris comes along now to say he does not have a nulled Solus you and others will just start a slagging match where you say he does and he says he does not that will go on for 5 more pages.

I am not defending CVPS, I would be saying the same regardless of whoever it was and whatever I thought of them.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Toadyus said:

CVPS seems to be taking the appropriate response to your accusations. Like a crazy person on the street, you ignore what they say and just keep walking.

If you want CVPS to stop ignoring you and act like a more "professional company", they could always hit you with a defamation lawsuit.

Thanked by 2Lee mpkossen
  • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2014

@Toadyus said:
    If you run a hosting company and someone states you're running nulled software would you just ignore these claims or refute in order to show that you're a professional company??

Why would a hosting company care what some random person on the Internet claims?

If you insist upon repeatedly pushing the same keys on your keyboard over, and over and over, whatever you're typing must be true until proven otherwise, right?

Thanked by 2Lee mpkossen
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

Not taking any sides on whether the speculation is true or not. BUT......

The burden of proof is on the claimant ( accuser ), not the respondent ( accused ).

@Toadyus said:
    When someone makes allegations about your company, the proper thing to do is refute these allegations by proving that they are wrong. ChicagoVPS hasn't done this, so one can assume that said allegations are indeed TRUE!! It's only a matter of time until we find the freelancer they hired to do the custom work to integrate modulegarden with NULLED SolusVM!!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Toadyus said:
    W1V_Lee - If you run a hosting company and someone states you're running nulled software would you just ignore these claims or refute in order to show that you're a professional company?? oh wait this is ChicagoVPS the word "Professional" doesn't compute.

These allegations about using nulled software can be refuted easily by ChicagoVPS by posting the latest invoice from SolusVM, but these don't exist unfortunately.

CVPS_Chris - Hurry up and create a new back end so you can refute these claims!!

Will you back you your accusations with proof? Or you are just having a brain damage?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Quoting from another thread - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/542388/#Comment_542388

@MannDude said:
    Actually, the SolusVM thing is quite worrying. They still use it, just cut out customer access to it. Instead the customer has access to ModulesGarden plugin so they have limited capability to manage their VM from WHMCS.

It's been noted and confirmed that CVPS has no active licenses, not under their own name or licenses issued to them via any other names. Fabozzi is usually quick to show up and try to dis-credit claims against his company in a rude fashion, still haven't received official word from him on this. If it was false and he could prove it, unsure why he has not proved it to be false yet. (Since the member who revealed this is hated by Fabozzi, I assume he'd be quick and happy to prove him wrong... but it's not happened).

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

they are also under no legal obligation what-so-ever to disclose anything unless a legal proceeding is commenced by Solus. At which point, they will be required to disclose any relevant information, but not to you, me, or anyone else that are not involved with the matter in question.

so in the end, you will never know. And if Solus wants to take action, its up to them. Until proven, all accusations are just that, accusations, nothing more.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Toadyus said:
    Quoting from another thread - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/542388/#Comment_542388

It's been noted and confirmed that CVPS has no active licenses, not under their own name or licenses issued to them via any other names. Fabozzi is usually quick to show up and try to dis-credit claims against his company in a rude fashion, still haven't received official word from him on this. If it was false and he could prove it, unsure why he has not proved it to be false yet. (Since the member who revealed this is hated by Fabozzi, I assume he'd be quick and happy to prove him wrong... but it's not happened).

Wow, so much proof

• Nekki said: How is that classed as theft? Interested in your logic here.

Customer paid for service if provider does not supply paid for service he is then entitled to a refund or part refund. its really common sense. you cannot just take someones money and not provide a service thats totally wrong on every level.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@TarZZ92 The case you've stated above is not the same as the case you originally responded to. You've completely skimmed over the part whee the client makes threats of a monetary nature to the provider.

• smansman Member
    edited April 2014

A company that charges next to nothing for VPS attracting all sorts internet low lifes to overloaded servers creating DDoS honeypots and gives crap support. Shocking.... That is not how self correcting market dynamics are supposed to work.

{/sarcasm off}

• @Nekki said:
    TarZZ92 The case you've stated above is not the same as the case you originally responded to. You've completely skimmed over the part whee the client makes threats of a monetary nature to the provider.

I made no such monetary threat to said provider. I requested a refund in a civil manner and was rejected, so I resorted to another method of receiving my money back that was over their head. They cancelled my service and account for threatening to take it up with my CC company. At that point, it's theft. If it weren't, ponzi schemes would be legal.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • MunMun Member

@sman said:
    A company that charges next to nothing for VPS attracting all sorts internet low lifes to overloaded servers creating DDoS honeypots and gives crap support. Shocking.... That is not how self correcting market dynamics are supposed to work.

{/sarcasm off}

I don't think that was sarcasm, more like how most things work. If someone doesn't like a company they are bound to find one of there liking.

This discussion has been closed.