Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company.

Comments

• This is like monkeys flinging poo at each other.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Microlinux said:
    This is like monkeys flinging poo at each other.

You say that like it's a bad thing?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

OP can email me directly if he wishes to try and straighten things out. CVPS has been a lot better lately and most of you are still stuck on things that happened a year ago.

Case closed.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    You say that like it's a bad thing?

Not necessarily.

• Even though it was superfluous, I kinda hope this thread came to Chris' attention when I called him Hitler.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    OP can email me directly if he wishes to try and straighten things out. CVPS has been a lot better lately and most of you are still stuck on things that happened a year ago.

Case closed.

Your company uses NULLED SolusVM!! Please respond to these allegations!!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Toadyus said:

I'll null your SolusVM in a minute if you don't keep it In your pants.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Pwner
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

DDoS attacks are understandable. They can happen and they do occur with greater frequency in the low-end segment of the hosting market. I'm sure it's something that would sort out in the short-term when the recurring target of the attacks is removed from their server.

From the ticket, it looks like you were most angered by one particular member of their staff.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Why? The answer to this question is not THAT uninteresting...

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

@Amitz said:
    Why? The answer to this question is not THAT uninteresting...

If that's aimed towards me, do you seriously think it warrants an answer?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2014

Well, no. I am not interested in your answer at all, to be honest. But maybe you could just stop telling other people what to ask or not to ask. Would be a huge step in the right direction.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:
    Well, no. I am not interested in your answer at all, to be honest.

Not my answer you daft mare, the answer to the other guy's question.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2014

Well, forget it. Obviously it makes no sense to discuss with anyone calling you names.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:
    well, forget it.

You're not my father.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Well well. I have some vpa with CVPS for more than a year without problems, I don't know you guys have a lot of trouble. Do you even uninstall unused apps? Bind, NTP?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2014

You're not my father.

Fortunately. But I bet I could be. However, I am out. Have fun on the playground.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:
    Fortunately. But I bet I could be. However, I am out. Have fun on the playground.

I love it when this happens.

• XD

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited April 2014

@Virtovo said:
    The OP certainly didn't help himself in this and probably needed to exercise a little bit more patience. Replies look bad on both sides of the fence. To give credit to the OP, he only mentioned chargeback after being ignored on his first request of refund and denied on his second for interrupted service.

Fair enough :-)

alexh said: I'm sorry that you misunderstood. If customer service representatives ever speak to customers like that, in my opinion, and maybe not in yours, they should be let go. Once again, part of being in that portion of the industry requires you to have patience, and "keep your cool" so-to-speak.

I don't make unfounded accusations, nor would that serve any purpose for me. Rather, I re-stated what I have read over the past few years on this forum and WebHostingTalk.

If you, as an administrator, and leader of the community, do not feel that ChicagoVPS has wronged anybody, that is fine; I'm sure you would know more than I do, and I have no intention of arguing with anybody on this forum as that was what I intended to prevent.

Final note: It's sad that none of you even care about other members; I am used to communities being oriented around members, and my opinions may be confusing to those of you who feel otherwise.

Hey, don't pin this on my role as Administrator. I'm a normal member as well and I'm entitled to share my opinion on things without it getting attached to my role here. And to go on and say something as narrow-minded as It's sad that none of you even care about other members proves your pity. We have both customers and providers as members here; ChicagoVPS is one of them, and so are you. And you are both in the wrong here.

I'm not going to deny the support the OP has received was poor. Then again, the way he acted in the tickets is quite unprofessional. So it's definitely not black-and-white. And like I've said before: when you chargeback, it's all over! It's like an unwritten rule in the industry. A chargeback should be a last resort.

• In my experience(I have a chicago vps) cvps uptime, reliability and performance are definitely improved. Even though others accuse them of overselling, they are relatively stable.

The only thing which bothers me is some times the support is slow.

• I would just like to point out that the time between the first ticket and the first reply was only 5 minutes on a Saturday. It took somewhere between 2 and 14 hours for support to say that it was a DDoS. It took 37 hours for the problem to be fixed, which includes Easter Sunday.

Someone needs to tell attackers not to attack on major holidays.

• @Toadyus said:

You must be confusing ChicagoVPS with BuyVM.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@mpkossen said:
    You must be confusing ChicagoVPS with BuyVM.

WHAAAAAAAAT??????11!!!!????

Thanked by 20xdragon retry
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Seriously @mpkossen , what are you referring to here?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @mpkossen confirmed for CC (CVPS) employee trying to trash BuyVM

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@chauffer said:
    mpkossen confirmed for CC (CVPS) employee trying to trash BuyVM

Na, let's give Martin a chance to repond before jumping to conclusions.

• Yes, ChicagoVPS has some "bumps", but from all the services I've used, they're not that bad. Asked to be moved to another node or something. It shouldn't be a big deal, figure it out with your provider before you come hopscotch over here on a public form and let fire loose.

• retryretry Member

Time for pitchforks?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @Nekki said:
    WHAAAAAAAAT??????11!!!!????

We have a 10-34, over.

This discussion has been closed.