Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company.

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    Seriously mpkossen , what are you referring to here?

@chauffer said:
    mpkossen confirmed for CC (CVPS) employee trying to trash BuyVM

Stallion 1.

It had the exact (old) SolusVM layout, exactly the same quirks (like the bad IPv6 allocations), and also some of the bugs SolusVM has/had.

There is an e-mail going around (don't know whether it's genuine) that SolusVM is aware of it and was looking into taking action. The obstacle was the fact that BuyVM is a US or Canadian entity and SolusVM a UK one.

The reason I mentioned this is as follows: a guy from vpsBoard has been poking around with SolusVM to see if Chris has a license. He sent SolusVM an e-mail (again, don't know whether it's genuine) and SolusVM responded that there's no license in the name of 'ChicagoVPS'. Apparently, that is proof that ChicagoVPS uses a nulled version of SolusVM. The fact that it may very well be in the name of NWNX didn't impress anyone.

I don't like it that one host is treated so badly while the other, who may be doing worse things than that one host, is given a free pass by everybody. If we're going to accuse people of using a nulled SolusVM, I'd start with the one where there's at least something to support the theory that we've all been able to see with our own eyes.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • wychwych Member

@0xdragon said:
    We have a 10-34, over.

• 10-57.
  • @wych said:

• 10-57.

Owch, 10-30.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Thanks for the explanation, I've seen the screenshots re the complaint to Solus about Stallion (and the unnecessarily redacted dates which instantly cast suspicion on the relevance ), but was unaware of the CVPS thing.

In all honesty, I was of the opinion that both companies are far too big for Solus to allow them to get away with using a nulled version of their software, hence why I called the Toad guy on it.

mpkossen said: I don't like it that one host is treated so badly while the other, who may be doing worse things than that one host, is given a free pass by everybody. If we're going to accuse people of using a nulled SolusVM, I'd start with the one where there's at least something to support the theory that we've all been able to see with our own eyes.

I'd expect this of the forum nutters, but not of you mate. Didn't think you were that kind of guy.

I also think the days of BuyVM getting a 'free pass' (not that I think they did, but they did have a hell of a cheerleading squad) are long gone now. If there was evidence of them doing something wrong, they'd get called on it now.

Thanked by 20xdragon khav
  • Nekki said: unnecessarily redacted dates which instantly cast suspicion on the relevance

Yep. Like I said, I think all screenshots (no matter which theory they support for which company), should be taken with a big grain of salt.

Nekki said: In all honesty, I was of the opinion that both companies are far too big for Solus to allow them to get away with using a nulled version of their software, hence why I called the Toad guy on it.

I agree with you here.

Nekki said: I'd expect this of the forum nutters, but not of you mate. Didn't think you were that kind of guy.

I have to admit: is was out before I knew it. Then again, it was meant jokingly and I didn't want to drag everything up. A case of "it sounded better in my head". Which is why I probably shouldn't have posted it, as it didn't have the intended effect (just a nudge, a wink) and I accidentally created mini-drama.

I was honestly not trying to bash BuyVM. So: my apologies, because it turned out somewhat like that. I'll now give myself a kick in the nuts as a punishment. And if Spirit reads this, he's probably going to tell me off as well.

Thanked by 20xdragon netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    In all honesty, I was of the opinion that both companies are far too big for Solus to allow them to get away with using a nulled version of their software, hence why I called the Toad guy on it.

When someone makes allegations about your company, the proper thing to do is refute these allegations by proving that they are wrong. ChicagoVPS hasn't done this, so one can assume that said allegations are indeed TRUE!! It's only a matter of time until we find the freelancer they hired to do the custom work to integrate modulegarden with NULLED SolusVM!!

@mpkossen I love how the LET Rules and Guidelines only states that using a nulled WHMCS license will get you banned!! When it really should say using ANY NULLED software will result in a BAN!!

• Toadyus said: ChicagoVPS hasn't done this, so one can assume that said allegations are indeed TRUE!!

I don't love CVPS, but your logic is flawed mate. If a company doesn't refute allegations in an internet forum, it doesn't mean anything.

@mpkossen I love how the LET Rules and Guidelines only states that using a nulled WHMCS license will get you banned!! When it really should say using ANY NULLED software will result in a BAN!!

Go ahead and prove that they're using nulled software. I can't imagine any company would use nulled Solus. They wouldnt be that foolish.

Thanked by 2Nekki mpkossen
  • @Toadyus said:
    NULLED SolusVM!!

Good god, stop beating the dead horse, this isn't your high school lunch room.

Thanked by 3netomx Nekki mpkossen
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Toadyus said:
    mpkossen I love how the LET Rules and Guidelines only states that using a nulled WHMCS license will get you banned!! When it really should say using ANY NULLED software will result in a BAN!!

Prove it or stfu

Thanked by 2Nekki mpkossen
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited April 2014

mpkossen said: Hey, don't pin this on my role as Administrator. I'm a normal member as well and I'm entitled to share my opinion on things without it getting attached to my role here. And to go on and say something as narrow-minded as It's sad that none of you even care about other members proves your pity. We have both customers and providers as members here; ChicagoVPS is one of them, and so are you. And you are both in the wrong here.

My apologies if I offended you. The latter portion of my comment was not intended to be directed at you. I do feel pity for any customer who has been in the OP's position. I will gladly walk away from a company on the first bad experience and say nothing about it; It's commonly said that people, and I guess in this case, companies, never change.

I understand that your role does not affect your opinion, but who hosts LowEndTalk?

• wychwych Member

@alexh said:
    but who hosts LowEndTalk?

The infamous cluster.

• alexh said: I understand that your role does not affect your opinion, but who hosts LowEndTalk?

It's no secret anymore, it's ColoCrossing.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Basically, what everyone else said. Chris opening his mouth in defence generally only ever did harm to CVPS rep one way or another, so he's made a smart move by keeping quiet when it comes to baseless accusations such as this.

I would find it fucking hilarious if CVPS (or another of the other big boys come to that) were caught out using nulled WHCMS, but I just can't see it happening personally.

Thanked by 2mpkossen netomx
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

ChicagoVPS sucks. Their dedicated servers are a total scam (they will give you fault hardware, take too long to fix it, then it will still be broken, and they won't refund) and their VPS hosting offers are unreliable at best. They don't respond to support tickets promptly. Avoid this crap company!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

shovenose said: ChicagoVPS sucks. Their dedicated servers are a total scam (they will give you fault hardware, take too long to fix it, then it will still be broken, and they won't refund) and their VPS hosting offers are unreliable at best. They don't respond to support tickets promptly. Avoid this crap company!

Shove off.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Pwner
  • MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    I don't like it that one host is treated so badly while the other, who may be doing worse things than that one host, is given a free pass by everybody. If we're going to accuse people of using a nulled SolusVM, I'd start with the one where there's at least something to support the theory that we've all been able to see with our own eyes.

You do know that Francisco did respond to these allegations over on vpsboard. Solus did take a look and found nothing and moved on. It was a pissing contest from CVPS to try and hurt Buyvm's image.

Full thread: https://vpsboard.com/topic/3415-buyvm-legal-defense-fund-lol/

So good job on spreading useless lies that were made by your employers sleeping partner.

When can we have @liam back?

Mun

• @Toadyus said:
    mpkossen I love how the LET Rules and Guidelines only states that using a nulled WHMCS license will get you banned!! When it really should say using ANY NULLED software will result in a BAN!!

Right... Once you have some real proof, try again.

@alexh said:
    My apologies if I offended you. The latter portion of my comment was not intended to be directed at you. I do feel pity for any customer who has been in the OP's position. I will gladly walk away from a company on the first bad experience and say nothing about it; It's commonly said that people, and I guess in this case, companies, never change.

Fair enough.

My experience has been different, though. I've seem CVPS change and in my personal experience, they have improved. Having said that, I can't guarantee someone not having a bad experience there. Sometimes things just don't work out, no matter how hard someone tries.

@alexh said:
    I understand that your role does not affect your opinion, but who hosts LowEndTalk?

LowEndTalk is hosted by ColoCrossing. They own this website and they pay me for managing it (just being transparent here).

• MunMun Member
    edited April 2014

comment not even worth it...

• alexhalexh Member

mpkossen said: LowEndTalk is hosted by ColoCrossing. They own this website and they pay me for managing it (just being transparent here).

Thanks for being honest.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@alexh said:

He's always like that

Thanked by 1eddynetweb
  • Honestly, my VPS has been rock solid for quite awhile. When I first ordered it, there was downtime sometimes, but as the weeks went by, everything became stable. I restarted my VPS last night, but I had over 49+ days of uptime (ordered in February).

Check here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22917/what-s-your-experience-with-chicagovps

I understand that not everybody has the same experience as others, but I'd like to say it's been pleasant having a server with them.

• alexhalexh Member

Mun said: You do know that Francisco did respond to these allegations over on vpsboard. Solus did take a look and found nothing and moved on. It was a pissing contest from CVPS to try and hurt Buyvm's image.

Fran has been here since day 1 as far as I know, and from what I've heard he runs a pretty tight ship. After the menial accusations of slabbing, I'm not entirely sure I believe anything negative about BuyVM at this point. This seems like a case of genuine defamation.

• @Mun said:
    Mun

I was not aware of that response. But does it change anything?

I've responded to the rest of your post in a PM to prevent going on about this here any further.

• LeeLee Veteran

Toadyus said: When someone makes allegations about your company, the proper thing to do is refute these allegations by proving that they are wrong. ChicagoVPS hasn't done this, so one can assume that said allegations are indeed TRUE!!

Because that is how life works, I accuse you of something without any proof and you must be guilty because you did not run to a forum thread and defend yourself.

Thanked by 2mpkossen eddynetweb
  • alexhalexh Member

W1V_Lee said: Because that is how life works, I accuse you of something without any proof and you must be guilty because you did not run to a forum thread and defend yourself.

Screenshots of tickets accurately reflect the level of customer service received. In this case, you may say that CS was provoked. Aggravated acts are much worse than un-aggravated ones in any case, even if the result happens to be the same.

• Ian_ said: You threatened a chargeback which means no refund and immediate termination. You actually just shot yourself in the foot with that statement

" no refund and immediate termination" then this is also theft on the providers side.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    " no refund and immediate termination" then this is also theft on the providers side.

How is that classed as theft? Interested in your logic here.

• LeeLee Veteran

@alexh said:
    Screenshots of tickets accurately reflect the level of customer service received. In this case, you may say that CS was provoked. Aggravated acts are much worse than un-aggravated ones in any case, even if the result happens to be the same.

What have tickets go to do with a nulled solus?

• @W1V_Lee - If you run a hosting company and someone states you're running nulled software would you just ignore these claims or refute in order to show that you're a professional company?? oh wait this is ChicagoVPS the word "Professional" doesn't compute.

These allegations about using nulled software can be refuted easily by ChicagoVPS by posting the latest invoice from SolusVM, but these don't exist unfortunately.

@CVPS_Chris - Hurry up and create a new back end so you can refute these claims!!

• @Toadyus said:
    W1V_Lee - If you run a hosting company and someone states you're running nulled software would you just ignore these claims or refute in order to show that you're a professional company?? oh wait this is ChicagoVPS the word "Professional" doesn't compute.

These allegations about using nulled software can be refuted easily by ChicagoVPS by posting the latest invoice from SolusVM, but these don't exist unfortunately.

CVPS_Chris - Hurry up and create a new back end so you can refute these claims!!

Let's ask every provider to post their SolusVM invoice so you can feel at peace! /sarcasm

I believe the world works like this: if you accuse someone of something, you make sure you actual proof.

You can't just make accusations and demand proof from the other party just because you are convinced of something.

Thanked by 2Lee jvnadr
This discussion has been closed.