Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS is a terrible company.

Comments

• alexhalexh Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    alexh, who is really defending CVPS? Everyone knows their rep around here. OP being chastised isn't mutually exclusive to a bad opinion about CVPS. OP even hinted that they knew about all of this.

It's like handing your money over to a nigerian prince then yelling "scam! scam!". Just because CVPS may be in the wrong doesn't automatically mean OP is in the right.

I am not saying the OP is right, but you can see the customer has been abused, and he's trying to share his bad experience. Calling people stupid because they made a mistake isn't helpful, and CVPS takes advantage of people who make honest mistakes.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

Or a non-native English speaker...

Possible with a name like "Luc Ayotte", no?

alexh said: I am not saying the OP is right, but you can see the customer has been abused, and he's trying to share his bad experience. Calling people stupid because they made a mistake isn't helpful, and CVPS takes advantage of people who make honest mistakes.

Abused? Hardly. Sub-standard support maybe.

• alexhalexh Member

@Ian_ said:
    Read it again the ops reply on the 21st mentioning sheer incompetence. The reply was just a statement replying back addressing the ops statement on incompetence. He didn't say that the op was lol.

And this is how you would choose to respond to being called incompetent? I'd sure hope not. Customer service is either good or bad; here it's bad. That is all I am saying.

• blackblack Member
    edited April 2014

alexh said: Arguing against another member of the community who has been abused, and taken advantage of, by CVPS remains the main reason why people still fall into these traps: it's misinformation, and makes people think these clients are in the wrong. Before you buy a VPS from anybody, do some research.

He got taken advantage of when he fully knew about the cvps hack, the shitty hardware/services/etc and decided to renew anyway? Ok bro...

And this is how you would choose to respond to being called incompetent?

Was he competent in the situation? It doesn't look like it to me. It's blunt but I don't think it's wrong.

• alexh said: ChicagoVPS has a shitty network, shitty hardware, and shitty staff, including Chris. They have been proven time and time again to abuse customers, and it's not uncommon for them to blame their faults on the customer themselves. I cannot understand why anybody would fathom going with CVPS after the slew of threads like this that already exist.

Care to show any proof for the accusations you just made?

Seriously, the second anyone starts to threaten with a chargeback it's all over. I can't blame any provider for ending the business relationship because of that. No matter how shitty their service may be. If you don't try and patiently work it out with the provider, the blame is on you.

• alexhalexh Member

@black said:
    He got taken advantage of when he fully knew about the cvps hack, the shitty hardware/services/etc and decided to renew anyway? Ok bro...

What is wrong with what he did here then? He had a bad experience; he posted about it. The company isn't a good one.

• Ian_Ian_ Member

No but he was defending his company which he didn't believe they were incompetent. He made a statement. The situation should never even been posted cause the op got his money back from the cc company anyways.

• @black said:
    He got taken advantage of when he fully knew about the cvps hack, the shitty hardware/services/etc and decided to renew anyway? Ok bro...think it's wrong.

I fully knew? I was already a paying customer WHEN THIS HAPPENED. That was something out of their control and I gave the benefit of the doubt that they would get their shit together and not immediately cancel my service afterward.

• @mpkossen said:
    Seriously, the second anyone starts to threaten with a chargeback it's all over. I can't blame any provider for ending the business relationship because of that. No matter how shitty their service may be. If you don't try and patiently work it out with the provider, the blame is on you.

The OP certainly didn't help himself in this and probably needed to exercise a little bit more patience. Replies look bad on both sides of the fence. To give credit to the OP, he only mentioned chargeback after being ignored on his first request of refund and denied on his second for interrupted service.

• I understand your anger @Voyance and I doubt many members here would advocate for CVPS, but at what point do you take responsibility for your own poor judgement? Do you think you're the first, tenth or 100th person to have a bad experience with CVPS? No and you knew this.

Thanked by 2Ian_ AuroraZ
  • blackblack Member

@alexh said:
    What is wrong with what he did here then? He had a bad experience; he posted about it. The company isn't a good one.

Because it doesn't make any sense. If he felt like he was being taken advantage of, he wouldn't have hosted with them for 1 year and 4 months. He would've cancelled a long time ago if the server was crappy and down all the time. There is absolutely no reason for him to renew if that was the case. Having a "bad" experience when it wasn't the host's fault and threatens chargebacks.... no hosts deserves that sort of treatment.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ netomx
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited April 2014

@mpkossen said:

I'm sorry that you misunderstood. If customer service representatives ever speak to customers like that, in my opinion, and maybe not in yours, they should be let go. Once again, part of being in that portion of the industry requires you to have patience, and "keep your cool" so-to-speak.

I don't make unfounded accusations, nor would that serve any purpose for me. Rather, I re-stated what I have read over the past few years on this forum and WebHostingTalk.

If you, as an administrator, and leader of the community, do not feel that ChicagoVPS has wronged anybody, that is fine; I'm sure you would know more than I do, and I have no intention of arguing with anybody on this forum as that was what I intended to prevent.

Final note: It's sad that none of you even care about other members; I am used to communities being oriented around members, and my opinions may be confusing to those of you who feel otherwise.

• Hello,
    I'm sorry for the bad experience you have had with us recently. The node you are/were on has been experiencing severe DDoS attacks recently (both inbound & outbound). We have been working to get all of these sorted out and as soon as we get one attack stopped, another pops up a few hours later.

Your node is not the only node we have been having issues with as of lately in regards to DDoS attacks, we have several nodes that have fell victim to this within the past few weeks.

This is an industry original and it has or will happen to any provider that comes in the market. I do understand your frustration because of the level of repetition and inconsistency regarding instability on the nodes network, but we have been working to clean it up as soon as we catch the abusers.

You are more than welcome to open a ticket and request a move to another node that is not experiencing such issues and we will be happy to oblige and move your system over.

Mark

• @CVPS_Mark said:
    Hello,
    I'm sorry for the bad experience you have had with us recently. The node you are/were on has been experiencing severe DDoS attacks recently (both inbound & outbound). We have been working to get all of these sorted out and as soon as we get one attack stopped, another pops up a few hours later.

Your node is not the only node we have been having issues with as of lately in regards to DDoS attacks, we have several nodes that have fell victim to this within the past few weeks.

This is an industry original and it has or will happen to any provider that comes in the market. I do understand your frustration because of the level of repetition and inconsistency regarding instability on the nodes network, but we have been working to clean it up as soon as we catch the abusers.

You are more than welcome to open a ticket and request a move to another node that is not experiencing such issues and we will be happy to oblige and move your system over.

Mark

Sorry to hear about your DDOS attacks. Do you plan to offer any DDOS protection? I assume an operation of your size can make this economical?

• blackblack Member

@Voyance said:
    I fully knew? I was already a paying customer WHEN THIS HAPPENED. That was something out of their control and I gave the benefit of the doubt that they would get their shit together and not immediately cancel my service afterward.

You fully knew they were hacked when you renewed. You decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. That with all the claims of constant downtime and every node you've been on was being shitty, you wouldn't have renewed.

• alexhalexh Member

@black said:
    Because it doesn't make any sense. If he felt like he was being taken advantage of, he wouldn't have hosted with them for 1 year and 4 months. He would've cancelled a long time ago if the server was crappy and down all the time. There is absolutely no reason for him to renew if that was the case. Having a "bad" experience when it wasn't the host's fault and threatens chargebacks.... no hosts deserves that sort of treatment.

I'm sorry, but how is it not their fault? I genuinely do not understand. CVPS had downtime, right? And that's why this customer left? Downtime is the responsibility of a host.

• @CVPS_Mark said:
    Hello,

Mark

There is no more "opening a ticket" - if CVPS wanted to come in here and save face, you would've read my original post and knew before replying that my account and node at CVPS were already deleted.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

This one's turned into a nice little clusterfuck I see.

Is the message 'you saw this coming, so suck it up'?

Thanked by 1george
  • blackblack Member

@alexh said:
    I'm sorry, but how is it not their fault? I genuinely do not understand. CVPS had downtime, right? And that's why this customer left? Downtime is the responsibility of a host.

It wasn't the hosts fault as in it's not something they did. When a host gets ddosed, the only thing for them to do is to try and mitigate it, which they were doing. It would be their fault if they did nothing. At this point, in my opinion, the client can either wait it out or ask them to be moved to another server. Saying stuff like "MY NODE IS DOWN YET AGAIN. FIGURE THIS OUT" does absolutely nothing but pisses people off.

Thanked by 2Maximum_VPS AuroraZ
  • @Voyance said:
    There is no more "opening a ticket" - if CVPS wanted to come in here and save face, you would've read my original post and knew before replying that my account and node at CVPS were already deleted.

They have backups. Maybe they can restore you?

• @Ian_ said:
    No but he was defending his company which he didn't believe they were incompetent. He made a statement. The situation should never even been posted cause the op got his money back from the cc company anyways.

A simple "tech" doesn't sit down and "defend their company" by addressing their paying customer they way he did. That gets you fired in any organization or company who cares about their reputation.

• @black said:
    It wasn't the hosts fault as in it's not something they did. When a host gets ddosed, the only thing for them to do is to try and mitigate it, which they were doing. It would be their fault if they did nothing. At this point, in my opinion, the client can either wait it out or ask them to be moved to another server. Saying stuff like "MY NODE IS DOWN YET AGAIN. FIGURE THIS OUT" does absolutely nothing but pisses people off.

We're working on it means nothing to me. It does not say "we're filtering these attacks and will keep you updated", no recourse was offered to me to switch me to another node, or for any of the other people who may have used this node as well. At no point in time was there any communication made that anything was being done about it until I brought it up every single time. It took multiple replies to tell me that my node was being hammered by a DDoS attack. If they had said that outright and gave an estimation until resolution or alternative solution to the problem, this wouldn't have been an issue.

• Ian_Ian_ Member

What your smoking crack now. You berated where was your level of respect my bad you didn't have any my bad. Sorry but u threw the low blows and he has any right to reply back to your statements. We are humans.

• @Ian_ said:
    What your smoking crack now. You berated where was your level of respect my bad you didn't have any my bad. Sorry but u threw the low blows and he has any right to reply back to your statements. We are humans.

I can throw whatever blows I want, it's my right as a customer to know what's going on with the services I paid for. A worthwhile company would've realized they have a really frustrated customer on their hands and did the opposite of tell me "i hope i'm happy with the company I go to, and they "have the best tech's".

If that's how you run business, it won't be any one I'll ever be giving money to.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Voyance I understand your frustration, but I've been a CVPS customer both on VMs and dedicated hardware for well over a year now. I will agree with you that sometimes support responses take longer than they should, however with that being said I've always gotten my moneys worth.

@CVPS_Mark is a good, decent and knowledgeable guy who has gone out of his way to help me with my services. I think you really should just chill the hell out, and be reasonable. If you want something truly reliable, get a dedicated box where you don't have other people on the same machine messing with your shit.

I learned this a long time ago.

Get a dedicated, install proxmox, done. Make whatever VMs you want.

Thanked by 1support123
  • Ian_Ian_ Member

No you crossed the line and you should realize your angry also. But I would have told you how I felt about your remarks and that would be it. Sorry I won't stand some to throw blows at me no matter what the situation was and kiss your toes. Personally I wouldn't want you as a customer cause you'll write a review about how long it took for vps to turn on.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Ian_ said:
    No you crossed the line and you should realize your angry also. But I would have told you how I felt about your remarks and that would be it. Sorry I won't stand some to throw blows at me no matter what the situation was and kiss your toes. Personally I wouldn't want you as a customer cause you'll write a review about how long it took for vps to turn on.

"Crossing the line" is relative. You don't get to determine what crossing the line is no matter how you feel about it. If a person/business won't stand to have blows thrown their way, they're a bad business or shouldn't be doing that job. It's a two way street.

• @agoldenberg said:
    Voyance I understand your frustration, but I've been a CVPS customer both on VMs and dedicated hardware for well over a year now. I will agree with you that sometimes support responses take longer than they should, however with that being said I've always gotten my moneys worth.

CVPS_Mark is a good, decent and knowledgeable guy who has gone out of his way to help me with my services. I think you really should just chill the hell out, and be reasonable. If you want something truly reliable, get a dedicated box where you don't have other people on the same machine messing with your shit.

I learned this a long time ago.

Get a dedicated, install proxmox, done. Make whatever VMs you want.

I am perfectly chill, and infact, more than reasonable. I've stayed with CVPS longer than I should've given all the the annoyances I've had with them.

I never discredited Mark personally, I discredited the poor service, poor responses and poor handling of this situation. All of which make for a host that I hope nobody ever has to do business with.

• AThomasHowe said: Possible with a name like "Luc Ayotte", no?

He is from canada and speaks English

• MunMun Member

@Nekki said:
    This one's turned into a nice little clusterfuck I see.

Is the message 'you saw this coming, so suck it up'?

When doesn't it turn into a clusterfuck?

Also I think there is two messages. "You saw this coming, so suck it up and move on." and two "Do you have proof cc/cvps is bad, No so shut the hell up"

Laughing as always,

Mun

Thanked by 2Nekki mpkossen
This discussion has been closed.