Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$20 for 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 500GB Disk (server) - You will not find it cheaper anywhere - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$20 for 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 500GB Disk (server) - You will not find it cheaper anywhere

Comments

• One more question, how is reverse DNS handled? Is that something we need to open a ticket for?

• whats the turn around time from order to delivery?

• @CFarence - yes open a ticket for now. They will introduce automated RDNS provisioning but it takes time to introduce these features for them.

@Princeshoko - Normally 1-3 days from order acceptance, but I'd add an extra day to that right now as they are still backlogged from the snow drama last week.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

I purchased my server on the previous Friday last week. After 4 days, I had my hopes set on receiving my server on this day (Friday). Sadly it hasn't happened. How large is the backorder?

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited February 2014

@darknyan said:
    I purchased my server on the previous Friday last week. After 4 days, I had my hopes set on receiving my server on this day (Friday). Sadly it hasn't happened. How large is the backorder?

I purchased one thursday last week, just wondering if you got yours yet?

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

@CFarence said:
    I purchased one thursday last week, just wondering if you got yours yet?

I purchased mine on Monday last week, and my hope is that it will be deployed within the next 3 hours within Atlanta business time. My server has not been deployed yet sadly.

As well, I've received no response on my ticket for an ETA for 2 business days.

• princeshokoprinceshoko Member
    edited February 2014

@CFarence Ordered on Thursday as well, nothing yet. Not expected till tomorrow (Tuesday) I think. 3days = 3 Buisness day id bet. But Mark said may be 4 or 5 days. But we can hope for 3.

• @princeshoko said:
    CFarence Ordered on Thursday as well, nothing yet. Not expected till tomorrow (Tuesday) I think. 3days = 3 Buisness day id bet. But Mark said may be 4 or 5 days. But we can hope for 3.

I was shooting for wednesday, I am hoping for tomorrow. But seeing that @darknyan still didn't get his, I just don't know.

• They are hitting the backlog fast, but do be aware that there is another weather warning out today for Atlanta.

One of the things that has bitten them badly has been disk deliveries during that last ice-age in Atlanta two weeks ago. One pallet came soaking wet and was rejected, the second pallet that came was perfect and was used to deliver that immediate backlog.

They had another couple of HDD deliveries in last week which helped and there is another expected in tomorrow which will complete all the backlog. We're waiting to confirm that the roads will be clear otherwise UPS will not deliver.

• I think @Innya has got his server now and I think there are probably about 6-7 others on here that still have pending servers. I don't think the backlog is that large any more.

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited February 2014

Still waiting on mine from this backlog :-). @MarkTurner

• FYI, I received this a few hours ago from one of my colleagues in Atlanta:

Brookhaven, GA Feb. 11, 2014 – The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for our area that is in effect until 1:00 p.m. Thursday, February 13. A winter storm warning for snow and ice means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amount of snow and ice are forecasted and will make driving dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. Make sure to keep an extra flashlight, food, and water, in your vehicle if you must travel. Widespread power outages are possible with the current forecasted amounts of snow and ice.

Make sure to have the following things ready when a winter storm hits:

• Make a Ready kit for your home and car (visit www.ready.ga.gov for more information). Have enough supplies on hand for at least 72 hours. In addition to the basics, make sure your car's Ready kit includes an ice scraper, extra blanket, sand for traction and jumper cables.

• Plan for power outages: Charge mobile phones and other portable electronics. Gather extra clothing and blankets. Remember that portable generators, camp stoves and grills should never be brought indoors.

• Stay informed about the forecast for your area as this storm develops and moves across the region.

Chief Gary Yandura is urging everyone to stay off of roads after midnight tonight. Conditions are expected to worsen overnight tonight and throughout the day Wednesday. Stay tuned to the police department’s Facebook and Twitter feeds for updates.

For full details, view this message on the web.

• Yea PAX is getting ready to hit the southern US right now and through tomorrow. Going to get bad for some areas. Atlanta is right in the middle of it again naturally, we'll probably get some good inches up here in NC too.

• Winter storm is not that bad as last one. But it is still bad for Atlanta. wind 20-30mph can cause bad visibility. However -2C wind chill could cause icy road condition.

• princeshokoprinceshoko Member
    edited February 2014

going into workday 6... or 7. waiting on setup . what about you @CFarence ? a week total wait time.

• We've spoken to our team in Atlanta and they have told us that its unlikely they'll be on-site tomorrow either. I would budget early next week for delivery then if they come in earlier then it will be a bonus.

• @princeshoko said:
    going into workday 6... or 7. waiting on setup . what about you CFarence ? a week total wait time.

Still waiting, Was hoping to have the weekend to play with it. Hopefully next week sometime.

• ricdem99ricdem99 Member
    edited February 2014

Hi Mark, Is it possible to modify those L5520 to say 500GB HD (I honestly dont need a lot of HDD space as long as I can install Debian 7 64 bit) and 1 IP. I also do not need a lot of Bandwidth 1Tb would be ok with me and the RAM is Non-ECC. My needs are very very simple.

Will be paying in bitcoin and of course wants to avail of your special promo. I wanted those Hex L5639 but they are out of stock.

• @MarkTurner said:
    We've spoken to our team in Atlanta and they have told us that its unlikely they'll be on-site tomorrow either. I would budget early next week for delivery then if they come in earlier then it will be a bonus.

Hey Mark, Did they give an idea of how big the backlog is? I opened a ticket this morning with no response yet.

• @CFarence @MarkTurner Yea im waiting too, not opened a support ticket figured it'd just come back as "just wait a bit longer" also having issues communicating with billing. I ask one thing they go another direction. Taking days between emails from them. If Mark can look at Ticket 809570 that'd be great.

Ask billing to switch to quarterly via steves OK and now after i've paid and waited they want me to pay again to switch to quarterly insted of it happening, all pretty confusing. Worst part is the constant days between communication.

Makes it hard to know whats going on.

• @CFarence @princeshoko I spoke to my colleagues in Atlanta yesterday, they are expecting to complete all the backordered machines by Friday. There are about 45 servers left to deploy. They are waiting on disks which hopefully will arrive today. We lost one shipment of disks during the snow, it arrived with the bottom boxes on the pallet soaking wet so was rejected.

@ricdem99 - the configs are their base configuration, you can add to it, but can't subtract.

• 9 to 5 is nearly over on the east coast. I imagine it won't be delivered on today (Friday).

• @darknyan I thought it went based on London time which ment it was over hours ago.... no?

Either way I see the same thing. 15days now still waiting. Going to be at least 18 now if you count weekend with hopes on Monday.

@CFarence anything yet?

• @princeshoko said:
    darknyan I thought it went based on London time which ment it was over hours ago.... no?

Either way I see the same thing. 15days now still waiting. Going to be at least 18 now if you count weekend with hopes on Monday.

CFarence anything yet?

Nope. The staff for deploying dedicated servers are in Atlanta. Support is in London I believe.

• princeshoko said: @CFarence anything yet?

Nope nothing yet, and nothing from the ETA ticket I sent in a couple days ago.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited February 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen. I thought it would take me 2 more weeks but I finally received my server 4 minutes ago. I believe this is just cause to party.

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited February 2014

@darknyan said:
    Ladies and Gentlemen. I thought it would take me 2 more weeks but I finally received my server 4 minutes ago. I believe this is just cause to party.

When did you order? I ordered Thursday the 6th

• @CFarence said:

I ordered February 1st.

• @darknyan well congratulations!!!!

I also ordered the 6th .

• well there it is. Just got my email that its setup. Will have to play with it on Sunday.
    Now just waiting on @CFarence and today will be a good day.