Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$20 for 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 500GB Disk (server) - You will not find it cheaper anywhere - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$20 for 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 500GB Disk (server) - You will not find it cheaper anywhere

Comments

• I just order HP BL460C, can't wait to move my websites to new dedi. :)

• Am I allowed to run an IRC server?

• @Ruriko - so long as it doesn't cause disruption.

• pyropyro78pyropyro78 Member
    edited January 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    pyropyro78 - yes - when the box is delivered they start the billing. It would be a bit of swindle otherwise ;)

That's a relief :)

• @pyropyro78 - it should happen on the next business day. They send the notification back to billing to start the billing cycle

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited January 2014

I ordered mine so I hope mine delivered soon :)

• Still getting it all setup but so far the connection and disk read/write times seem to be pretty good, I'm happy so far. Only have a LEMP server installed and the start of a 6gb bukkit server (need multi craft)

• @MarkTurner Hi, I order the big dedi 3 days ago, but today is saturday, you can deliver the server today or I will have to wait until next week?

• Could i get a test ip?

• Do anyone know how long does it actually take to provision your server?
    It stated up to 3 days. I am guessing at least 5 days.

• Once the order gets approved, then its usually 3 business days. Right now I'd say its more like 5 days after the weather drama this week.

• Thanks Mark that what I thought too.

• Test IP?

• innyainnya Member
    edited February 2014

Ok, I did not received my order. So, I just opened the ticket. I ordered on 1/27/2014. Brian T. replied to me today that they sent a request on 1/28/2014 for a national identification Id. I have never received it and I don't know what does national identification id mean.
    In USA we use driver license for id. But, I have never had to use it before when I order vps and dedicated servers before.
    Anyway this is my story.
    I also asked Brain T. to show me the email that they sent me for an identification request email which I have never received.

It is bad communication from the company that provide the internet related services.

• @innya - if you are US based then driving license. These situations occur where they cannot verify your payment information against the name/address information you have provided. So rather than reject the order straight off they will ask for ID to prove you are actually the card holder.

• innyainnya Member
    edited February 2014

If I have not open the ticket, delimiter won't do anything and sit on it for sure.
    Now they guys just told me after 7 days. That's not cool at all.

I saw that invoice has been paid and my account has been charged. Correct me if I am wrong, if delimiter could not verify my payment information against name and address, Should delimiter personnel be notifying its customer and request for requirement?
    Instead of doing nothing.

I am very disappointed.

Should I stay away from delimiter although it's bargain price and offer? My first impression that I have with delimiter is a disappointment.
    If anyone has any good/bad experience with delimiter?

• innyainnya Member
    edited February 2014

I am not rude or being *ss for 20/m server.
    I was complaining to delimiter because I have never received the email and I could not find it anywhere in any of mail folder including spam.

But BR Anne said email was sent out to me on the 28th January.
    Also, delimiter email history does not have any. please see below.

Am I missing anything in here?

Emails

Below is a history of all messages we have sent to you. It allows you to easily read any correspondance relating to your account in case you lose any of your emails.
    8 Records Found, Page 1 of 1 « Prev Page Next Page »

Date Sent Message Subject

02/05/2014 02:33 [Ticket ID: 300936] ETA on date?

02/04/2014 17:42 [Ticket ID: 300936] ETA on date?

02/04/2014 16:39 [Ticket ID: 300936] ETA on date?

02/04/2014 16:35 [Ticket ID: 300936] ETA on date?

01/27/2014 14:34 Invoice Payment Confirmation

01/27/2014 14:31 Customer Invoice

01/27/2014 14:31 Order Confirmation

01/27/2014 14:31 Welcome

• It comes down to this - if you want them to release your order then provide the requested information. If you don't want to provide it then tell them to cancel it and refund; or wait for them to cancel it for you.

They have obviously found an issue with your payment or supplied information, the only orders I see rejected are where there is rubbish entered on the order form, the information appears on a blacklist, the payment information doesn't match the information given or they can't validate something you have provided.

Every order that Delimiter receives is hand verified.

I have highlighted this thread to Delimiter and recommended they cancel and refund the order. If it was going to get resolved then you would have provided them the requested information by now

• When i click the order link it comes up at $60 a month not $20 ?

• @princeshoko - You need to apply the coupon at checkout to get the discount

• ha, im not very bright! Thanks!

Do you guys offer anykind of auto OS re-install features threw the billing panel? My last dedicated had it and it was amazing to be able to restore to original boot.

• @Princeshoko - Yes you can reinstall a variety of OS - Linux, Windows, FreeBSD through our panel

• FYI,

My problem was not delimiter's support or billing or server related.
    It was a kind of communication problem.
    It was an email from [email protected] which has never reached to my email.

It has been resolved by Anne.

Here is check list or what you need to look out for in case if you encounter the similar problem like me.

• If you don't hear from delimiter after ordered from 3 days. check to see if you receive an email from [email protected].

• If you don't receive anything, open the ticket with delimiter and find out. Don't ask anyone from here for ETA. They can't do anything.

• Delivery should take at least 3 to 5 days after approve.

• @MarkTurner Are these still in stock?

• @CFarence - yes we've gave them two more chassis of these servers (32 units) this morning

• So just signed up for a 1 month to give it a trial. If I enjoy the server can I up to to the quarterly for $60 per 3 months or would I need to cancel then re signup if any are left?

And thanks for the info on the OS re-install. I'll be doing that a few times as well.

• Can atom handle game server

• @princeshoko - Best to email Steve [email protected] - I am sure he'll work something out.

@casper253 - I wouldn't like to recommend it. Atom 230 is not a powerful processor, its pretty basic. It depends if its like Tic-Tac-Toe then maybe, Minecraft forget it.

• kewl thanks Mark i'll do that.

Also what is the location of the servers?

• @princeshoko - Atlanta, USA