Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART - Tier 3 DC / Lot of stock / Data Center Photos & Videos/ Ignore DMCA & ADULT content ALLOW - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART - Tier 3 DC / Lot of stock / Data Center Photos & Videos/ Ignore DMCA & ADULT content ALLOW

1235»

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@cold said: he said to me that he has enuff customers and don't need lowend users anymore, to much work

>

True

@ColonelPanic said: Never got my extra RAM though.

>

We try today , if no maximum tomorrow delivery extra ram

Regards

Thanked by 1ColonelPanic
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@tentor said:

@Not_Oles said: Nothing wrong with 60% as a maximum. But 88.75% also sounds okay! :) It's not over 100%!

I think he refers to the fact that >50% CPU usage means over-utilization of physical cores (HT)

Hi @tentor!

Could you please give us a reference link for the idea that ">50% CPU usage mean over-utilization of physical cores (HT)"?

I don't know how Hetrix measures CPU load percentage. I bet Hetrix probably has documentation but I still need to look. Can anyone explain how Hetrix measures CPU load percentages?

I don't know how Linux load averages relate to Hetrix' CPU percent metric. However, just for fun, here's a link to Linux Load Averages: Solving the Mystery.

Haha, still need my coffee this morning! ☕

Thanks! Best wishes!

• @Not_Oles said: Could you please give us a reference link for the idea that ">50% CPU usage mean over-utilization of physical cores (HT)"?

No reference links but my wild 2am guess is since a 4c8t CPU shows up as 8 cores in Proxmox and various other Hypervisors, if you were over 50% utilization of those "8 cores" you'd theoretically be utilizing all 4 physical cores.

How hyperthreading actually works with Hypervisors still goes over my head so this is my Best Effort™ SLA Response

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@Not_Oles said:

@tentor said:

@Not_Oles said: Nothing wrong with 60% as a maximum. But 88.75% also sounds okay! :) It's not over 100%!

I think he refers to the fact that >50% CPU usage means over-utilization of physical cores (HT)

Hi @tentor!

Could you please give us a reference link for the idea that ">50% CPU usage mean over-utilization of physical cores (HT)"?

Here is a good article about SMT and its' performance implications.

Basically, with SMT you still have one physical core, no one will really "double" it for you as it is common in LET. Actually, it is overselling^W resource sharing. Given that we are talking about virtualizations, one cannot predict whether or not all of our clients will use different computational units (such as ALU and FPU for example). Thus for the best performance, you would not want to go over than 50% of constant CPU usage (which accounts those logical cores).

I don't know how Hetrix measures CPU load percentage. I bet Hetrix probably has documentation but I still need to look. Can anyone explain how Hetrix measures CPU load percentages?

I am pretty sure it accounts logical cores as well.

I don't know how Linux load averages relate to Hetrix' CPU percent metric. However, just for fun, here's a link to Linux Load Averages: Solving the Mystery.

Load average is not a simple average CPU usage.

• @cold said:

@zGato said:

@JasonM said:
    congrats Calin.
    are there some low end general vm offers? I need 1cpu, 1.5gb ram, 10gb ssd kinda vps.

There is a screenshot from a while ago from their discord posted by @Calin itself, but I guess it was a troll deal, or I've never seen the order link

Hopefully Calin can give some good low-end yearly deal back again, but I've begged in his DM multiple times and no no.

he said to me that he has enuff customers and don't need lowend users anymore, to much work

You mean Low End Talk users, or low end users? I assume the latter?

• coldcold Member
    edited June 20

@10thHouse said:

@cold said:

@zGato said:

@JasonM said:
    congrats Calin.
    are there some low end general vm offers? I need 1cpu, 1.5gb ram, 10gb ssd kinda vps.

There is a screenshot from a while ago from their discord posted by @Calin itself, but I guess it was a troll deal, or I've never seen the order link

Hopefully Calin can give some good low-end yearly deal back again, but I've begged in his DM multiple times and no no.

he said to me that he has enuff customers and don't need lowend users anymore, to much work

You mean Low End Talk users, or low end users? I assume the latter?

i guess cheap users....

but you can ask him

New server right now installed , we thing in maximum 2 days we have new VPS KVM SSD on stock

Regards

• I need low cpu,ram, and storage, but 100+TB bandwidth... do you have a plan like this?

@deadorbit said: I need low cpu,ram, and storage, but 100+TB bandwidth... do you have a plan like this?

>

Hello write me to PM specs and you budget :) and maybe we possible make this things

Regards,
    Calin

• alt_alt_ Member

That's premium. Work like a charm!

Thanked by 1Calin
    edited June 28

Server added on rack (after 36-48 hours of tests we start add new stock) , in same time i m want announcement we start add VPS with 10 Gbs network (of course price for this it s very expensive , because network it s very expensive)we leave coming soon here more information

Regards

• JasonMJasonM Member

@beanman109 said: if you were over 50% utilization of those "8 cores" you'd theoretically be utilizing all 4 physical cores

extactly i was thinking the same. Half of what is allocated, could decide 50% utilization by the node.

@JasonM said: extactly i was thinking the same. Half of what is allocated, could decide 50% utilization by the node.

>

Hello we fixed this problem

• hsrhsr Member
    edited June 29

Servers need a dust and clean my guy...

• DecBluesDecBlues Member

Hello, I sent PM, please check. Thank you. :)

@DecBlues said: Hello, I sent PM, please check. Thank you.

>

Hello done , thanks for interest :)

Regards,
    Calin

Hello everyone , we want notify ,

those who encounter connection problems on the IPs on the 94.177.106.1/24 subnet, this problem happens after a wrong BGP session configuration, we are waiting for a response from the data center to solve the problem, the IPs are not announced globally, only in localhost where our ISP has peering

Those who are affected, we are hoping for a resolution ETA of 5-6 hours at most

Sorry for this unexpected downtime

For any fast replay contact us to telegram @ihostart or discord @ihostart

Regards,
    Calin

• I can't find any YABS for the regular VPS and for storage too.