Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS is down and cannot access MaxKVM - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS is down and cannot access MaxKVM

Comments

• RIP Maxkvm

• lotayalotaya Member

@tiendungdev said:
    RIP Maxkvm

Actually they support to be notified honesty before failed then we have time for full backup. Nobody will be complain for their data rather than chargeback and service. The way they are doing is similar as online money scammer. In these thread,Most of victims are same fact and they need latest backup only.most are no need chargeback ready including me.

• @lotaya said:

@tiendungdev said:
    RIP Maxkvm

Actually they support to be notified honesty before failed then we have time for full backup. Nobody will be complain for their data rather than chargeback and service. The way they are doing is similar as online money scammer. In these thread,Most of victims are same fact and they need latest backup only.most are no need chargeback ready including me.

Me too, I also need the latest data backup from maxkvm, I also don't need a refund

• dandueldanduel Member

if we all spam email maxkvm, maybe we can get our service restored!

• Maybe can try contacting their upstream DataPacket if they can provide any bit of information.

• LeviLevi Member

Ignoring reality will not bring your server online. Chargeback and move along, nothing to gain here anymore.

• tiendungdevtiendungdev Member
    edited April 4

@rattlecattle said:
    Maybe can try contacting their upstream DataPacket if they can provide any bit of information.

No, I'm afraid we won't be able to help in this matter as the servers were freed and some might have been already reinstalled.

Please note that we provide unmanaged dedicated servers. These are baremetal machines racked in our data centers that we rent and have no access to what's running on them. I understand your concerns about the VPS being down but I'm afraid there's nothing we can do in this matter as this client has stopped communicating with us weeks ago.

I contacted DataPacket but the situation is very bad, MaxKVM did not renew with DataPacket

• creationcreation Member

@tiendungdev said:

@rattlecattle said:
    Maybe can try contacting their upstream DataPacket if they can provide any bit of information.

No, I'm afraid we won't be able to help in this matter as the servers were freed and some might have been already reinstalled.

Please note that we provide unmanaged dedicated servers. These are baremetal machines racked in our data centers that we rent and have no access to what's running on them. I understand your concerns about the VPS being down but I'm afraid there's nothing we can do in this matter as this client has stopped communicating with us weeks ago.

I contacted DataPacket but the situation is very bad, MaxKVM did not renew with DataPacket

What would be the odds of them planning to move somewhere else and having everything backed up? Would that be unrealistic because of the amount of data they would need to store locally?

• @creation said:

@tiendungdev said:

@rattlecattle said:

What would be the odds of them planning to move somewhere else and having everything backed up? Would that be unrealistic because of the amount of data they would need to store locally?

Maxkvm no longer works with DataPacket, they do not provide any further information.

• @creation said:

@tiendungdev said:

@rattlecattle said:

Highly unrealistic. They are using rented machines not their own hardware which atleast could be unracked and moved else where.

MaxKVM last sale was in December and had bonus on payment with crypto. Who knows maybe this was planned all along.

The loss has to be written off anyway.

• MaxKVM has officially gone full retard!!!!!

Thanked by 1hemra
  • _MS__MS_ Member

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • edited April 4

@tiendungdev said:

@rattlecattle said:

Perhaps you'd be willing to contact DataPacket again and ask how much it would cost us to turn on for 1 week the previous maxkvm machines (whatever hasn't been reinstalled)? If they would just turn the connection back on, that would allow us to grab our data. It might be worth it to pool some money together. Hell, depending on the cost, I might be willing to pay for the full amount.

Assumingly, they shut off the connection because Alex Lee didn't pay/renew. Granted, this isn't DataPacket's fault but getting a short amount of time more to access our data would go a LONG way for DataPacket's reputation. My $0.02.

Edit:

Turn Those Machines Back On!!! :::

• @AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

@rattlecattle said:

Perhaps you'd be willing to contact DataPacket again and ask how much it would cost us to turn on for 1 week the previous maxkvm machines (whatever hasn't been reinstalled)? If they would just turn the connection back on, that would allow us to grab our data. It might be worth it to pool some money together. Hell, depending on the cost, I might be willing to pay for the full amount.

Assumingly, they shut off the connection because Alex Lee didn't pay/renew. Granted, this isn't DataPacket's fault but getting a short amount of time more to access our data would go a LONG way for DataPacket's reputation. My $0.02.

The problem is not money, I asked and was willing to pay to turn it on but it didn't work.

Thanked by 1AntiVPSSwitching
  • @tiendungdev said:
    The problem is not money, I asked and was willing to pay to turn it on but it didn't work.

Thanks. I believe you. Would you mind DMing me the contact information? I'd like to also ask. Perhaps if enough of us...

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 4

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

Thanks. I believe you. Would you mind DMing me the contact information? I'd like to also ask. Perhaps if enough of us...

It's not going to happen (or the chance that it would happen is so super slim that it's practically zero)

It's not the way that the world works

You (plural) are customers of MaxKVM, not of DataPacket

To the extent that the servers in question haven't yet been wiped and reassigned, which seems improbable at this point, DataPacket doesn't have and in fact can't have any interest in turning those servers back on for people who aren't their own customers, not to mention that there would also be legal risks if they did so

(Yeah, not great)

@angstrom said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

It's not going to happen (or the chance that it would happen is so super slim that it's practically zero)

To the extent that the servers in question haven't yet been wiped and reassigned, which seems improbable at this point, DataPacket doesn't have and in fact can't have any interest in turning those servers back on for people who aren't their own customers, not to mention that there would also be legal risks if they did so

(Yeah, not great)

What would be the legal risk if they just powered everything back on for let's say an hour? People would only be able to access their own servers which they had info to? I don't see any harm or anything illegally bad about that? If this was crowd funded I don't see anything wrong about it, it would be like us donating on behalf of MaxKVM to pay for a bit of uptime.

• @creation said:

@angstrom said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

(Yeah, not great)

What would be the legal risk if they just powered everything back on for let's say an hour? People would only be able to access their own servers which they had info to? I don't see any harm or anything illegally bad about that? If this was crowd funded I don't see anything wrong about it, it would be like us donating on behalf of MaxKVM to pay for a bit of uptime.

Customers with VPS do not own the servers. If the bills were not paid by MaxKVM and DataPacket has already unplugged them or assigned them to another customer, nothing can be done at that point.

@malignify said:

@creation said:

@angstrom said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

(Yeah, not great)

Customers with VPS do not own the servers. If the bills were not paid by MaxKVM and DataPacket has already unplugged them or assigned them to another customer, nothing can be done at that point.

Yeah I get that for the servers he said were already reinstalled etc. This would be mostly about the servers that haven't yet.

• malignifymalignify Member
    edited April 4

@creation said:

@malignify said:

@creation said:

@angstrom said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

(Yeah, not great)

Yeah I get that for the servers he said were already reinstalled etc. This would be mostly about the servers that haven't yet.

Ones that are not reinstalled are maybe MaxKVM's own colo servers. They will be left there until bills are paid.

• tiendungdevtiendungdev Member
    edited April 5

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

live chat with us via: https://www.datapacket.com

But I think we have very little chance of getting a backup

• dandueldanduel Member
    edited April 5

what a shame

• lotayalotaya Member

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

@rattlecattle said:

Edit:

Turn Those Machines Back On!!! :::

count on me when it is happened.

• Turning on the servers even for a day would be helpful for me too. But don't see that happening. Note that MaxKVM doesn't own the hardware but own their IP's, had their own ASN.

Even if DataPacket were to power on the yet to be reinstalled servers they can't be announcing MaxKVM IP's on their network as the contract have expired. So no way to connect.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • edited April 5

@tiendungdev said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

As expected, but it was worth a shot:

Please see the unfortunate outcome below:
    Thank you for reaching out. Despite numerous efforts to retain our cooperation, MaxKVM/Semiband LLC is no longer our client. The corresponding server infrastructure has already been wiped out and redeployed for other clients. While we understand the implications, there is nothing we can do to help at this point. Provided that you can recover from this, we'd be happy to become your infrastructure partner, should you be interested.

This is a statement from the account manager of MaxKVM account, unfortuantely, there is no possibility to recover the data from the servers.

Edit: I'm REALLY surprised at Alex Lee. Perhaps I shouldn't be given he did something like this in the past but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering we don't know what's happening in the background. The adage applies I guess: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• @AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

As expected, but it was worth a shot:

Please see the unfortunate outcome below:
    Thank you for reaching out. Despite numerous efforts to retain our cooperation, MaxKVM/Semiband LLC is no longer our client. The corresponding server infrastructure has already been wiped out and redeployed for other clients. While we understand the implications, there is nothing we can do to help at this point. Provided that you can recover from this, we'd be happy to become your infrastructure partner, should you be interested.

This is a statement from the account manager of MaxKVM account, unfortuantely, there is no possibility to recover the data from the servers.

Edit: I'm REALLY surprised at Alex Lee. Perhaps I shouldn't be given he did something like this in the past but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering we don't know what's happening in the background. The adage applies I guess: fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

:(

• StupidKVM.com

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 5

@creation said:

@angstrom said:

@AntiVPSSwitching said:

@tiendungdev said:

(Yeah, not great)

What would be the legal risk if they just powered everything back on for let's say an hour? People would only be able to access their own servers which they had info to? I don't see any harm or anything illegally bad about that?

Since this is day 8 of outage, for us to argue about this matter would be moot anyway (given that the servers have been wiped and reassigned)

My point was that DataPacket has no idea who MaxKVM's customers are/were. When DataPacket and MaxKVM still had a valid contract, DataPacket could turn to MaxKVM if there was any issue regarding MaxKVM's servers/customers. For example, DCMA complaints or spam or more sinister stuff. DataPacket could then expect MaxKVM to act on the issue

Once the contract between DataPacket and MaxKVM was broken (by MaxKVM) due to non-payment, who would DataPacket turn to if there were an issue regarding MaxKVM's servers/customers? DataPacket has no idea who MaxKVM's customers are/were, and the fact that people enter DataPacket's chat asking about the servers doesn't mean that those people are in fact customers of MaxKVM. Perhaps MaxKVM had some customers whose servers were compromised, and the people who compromised these servers are trying to get back in for a final ride before the end. Again, DataPacket has no idea who you guys are -- for DataPacket, you're just random people on the internet

I'm not saying that DataPacket would necessarily have a broken a law if they had turned the servers back on for an hour, but DataPacket didn't have and couldn't have had an interest to do so

• bitmadsbitmads Member

I filed a police report today. Do the same way, if there are many we'll get our money back because there'll be a bigger investigation. Also, report at your local consumer department.

• xvpsxvps Member

:D