Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS is down and cannot access MaxKVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS is down and cannot access MaxKVM

Comments

• @unsafetypin said:

I havent seen @MaxKVM try to turn the forum into his private army yet tho.

i feel like that's sorta a one time thing

• lotayalotaya Member

Are they run from business? they dont care other people suffering.now we are mad with our customer.WTF

• @lotaya said:
    Are they run from business? they dont care other people suffering.now we are mad with our customer.WTF

Yes, I'm mad with with our customer :(

Are they permanently out of business? and we cannot get some data on VPS

• bitmadsbitmads Member

@cybertech said:

@bitmads said:
    down for 11hrs, clients are mad, after years we are going to leave this guy ... any good recommendations?

take an IQ test first, and depending on the results I'm sure the community can recommend other providers here.

"Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to 149" - I have been doing IQ tests since my childhood, so I might be not that smart but experienced with IQ tests though :)))

Engineer here but from a poor country originally, so my clients needed cheap servers over stability that's why we went with MaxKVM. NGL, I really liked their services before, some small(ish) outages for years, but nothing serious, it was always performant and VERY cheap. I subscribed when they started and I am still getting it for 5x less price than I should pay for the same performance anywhere else.

But this current status without proper communication is deal-breaking even for this price. I have a feeling they are down for good.

I agree with the prev commenter that they might kicked out from DataPacket too, I am pretty sure they allow all the scam/shady stuff on their servers.

Thanked by 2east tiendungdev
  • lotayalotaya Member

@tiendungdev said:
    Just move the data to another place to run, the downtime is too long :( and there is no notification to prepare

Same to you.I mad with my client.I got some afew server.Lucky I have some recently data and now moved to other .They should not be on VPS business cos they never noti,never reply,no respect.Just waitng back to online then copied for some update data then going to say "bye" .I paid yearly for my server.WTF

• bitmadsbitmads Member

@lotaya said:

@tiendungdev said:
    Just move the data to another place to run, the downtime is too long :( and there is no notification to prepare

Same to you.I mad with my client.I got some afew server.Lucky I have some recently data and now moved to other .They should not be on VPS business cos they never noti,never reply,no respect.Just waitng back to online then copied for some update data then going to say "bye" .I paid yearly for my server.WTF

We all have to get a refund of course, and if he disappears with our data I am going to make a police report, I live in the same area where he is...

• LeviLevi Member

@bitmads said:

@lotaya said:

@tiendungdev said:

We all have to get a refund of course, and if he disappears with our data I am going to make a police report, I live in the same area where he is...

Police would react to such reports? Where do you live? In Utopia?

• bitmadsbitmads Member
    edited March 29

Yes
    California
    No

• LeviLevi Member

@bitmads said:

Yes
    California
    No

No.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited March 29

@bitmads said:

@cybertech said:

@bitmads said:
    down for 11hrs, clients are mad, after years we are going to leave this guy ... any good recommendations?

take an IQ test first, and depending on the results I'm sure the community can recommend other providers here.

"Your IQ score lies within a range of 133 up to 149" - I have been doing IQ tests since my childhood, so I might be not that smart but experienced with IQ tests though :)))

If the results of an "IQ" test vary so widely, it may be wise to seek out a more genuine and dependable assessment.

@bitmads said:

That sounds like an intelligent move. /s

MaxKVM is not liable for any financial loss, damages, or expenses incurred as a result of the use or inability to use our services.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20240117124944/https://www.maxkvm.com/terms-of-service/

Thanked by 1bitmads
  • Until now the VPS is still down (SG), their website is also down, complaints via email have not been answered

Thanked by 1bitmads
  • bitmadsbitmads Member

@xvps said:

@bitmads said:

@cybertech said:

@bitmads said:

If the results of an "IQ" test vary so widely, it may be wise to seek out a more genuine and dependable assessment.

@bitmads said:

MaxKVM is not liable for any financial loss, damages, or expenses incurred as a result of the use or inability to use our services.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20240117124944/https://www.maxkvm.com/terms-of-service/

I totally agree with you on the IQ test question, today's version was some free online test (not bad but) the typical recognize patterns in line of geometries and select the next one in the line test.
    I would be curios about the result of a reliable IQ test, but man, I got no brain after 8-12 hrs of coding and meeting (with mostly idiots).

Thx

Abt TOS, I have some thoughts.

• you know ppl tend to believe that they can just put nonsense terms in their TOS and that helps them on the court or with the authorities. Probably this wouldn't stand, especially because I paid for a service, you can't just override laws with TOS.
    • by an outage like this they breach the contract so the TOS is probably void
    • that part doesn't cover the service that you actually paid for, it's only about the "additional" damages, (e.g. my client can't sell products and suffering damages), so the refund part is still not covered by that
  • LeviLevi Member

@bitmads said: Abt TOS, I have some thoughts.

You won't sue them. Stop the blabber.

It is a bit optimistic to think that if you don't do proper backups (this means that you personally don't care about your data) - you entitled to any compensation or extra attention.

No. Your data is your own problem. If maxkvm flopped - GG, what will you sue? A bankrupted company?

The same was with data on OVH, where fire destroyed DC. They just GTFO'ed customers with billing cycle extension on new servers and that's it.

• Please come back to life MaxKVM

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited March 29

@bitmads said:

@xvps said:

@bitmads said:

@cybertech said:

@bitmads said:

@bitmads said:

I totally agree with you on the IQ test question, today's version was some free online test (not bad but) the typical recognize patterns in line of geometries and select the next one in the line test.
    I would be curios about the result of a reliable IQ test, but man, I got no brain after 8-12 hrs of coding and meeting (with mostly idiots).

Thx

Abt TOS, I have some thoughts.

• you know ppl tend to believe that they can just put nonsense terms in their TOS and that helps them on the court or with the authorities. Probably this wouldn't stand, especially because I paid for a service, you can't just override laws with TOS.
    • by an outage like this they breach the contract so the TOS is probably void
    • that part doesn't cover the service that you actually paid for, it's only about the "additional" damages, (e.g. my client can't sell products and suffering damages), so the refund part is still not covered by that

Feel free to report them to the police. I'm sure the police will sue them on your behalf. /s

• I doubt there is any legal issue you could raise if the company went bankrupt or has to do long extended maintaince without a SLA signed.

• lotayalotaya Member

@tiendungdev said:
    Please come back to life MaxKVM

you total do not have backup?for me,today i just moved my important server to other but i also still want them to back cos i still need to copy data the time between they are offline and before my backup script for that period.look like maxkvm not good for those who need very serious production.I will leave some server those are not important and testing one only for me cos all of my server paid yearly.I really regard today .i did a lot of apologize to all my customer.they are not worth with the good customers.Bless save you also.I can feel what you are situation is now.for me,i already settle 75% cool down for my customer.I let karma will take care of them the rest.

• and it happens again

• @lotaya said:

@tiendungdev said:
    Please come back to life MaxKVM

you total do not have backup?for me,today i just moved my important server to other but i also still want them to back cos i still need to copy data the time between they are offline and before my backup script for that period.look like maxkvm not good for those who need very serious production.I will leave some server those are not important and testing one only for me cos all of my server paid yearly.I really regard today .i did a lot of apologize to all my customer.they are not worth with the good customers.Bless save you also.I can feel what you are situation is now.for me,i already settle 75% cool down for my customer.I let karma will take care of them the rest.

I have backup but not complete

• bitmadsbitmads Member
    edited March 29

So I think it's time to move, it's 24 hours and no answer.

I had the PKVM-8G package:
    4x CPU (EPYC)
    8GB ECC RAM
    150GB NVMe SSD

I paid $199/year, so about $16/m.

What would you guys recommend? Any good/trustworthy provider?
    How about Hetzner? Any opinions/recent experiences with them?

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • LisoLiso Member

@bitmads said:
    So I think it's time to cut the damage and move on.

4x CPU (EPYC)
    8GB ECC RAM
    150GB NVMe SSD

Hetzner dont have singapore server, try WebHorizon or Hosthatch if you want server in sg

Thanked by 1Abd
  • They have twitter in case anyone needs: https://twitter.com/MaxKVMCloud and https://twitter.com/semibandllc

But doubtful they would reply there.

Thanked by 1bitmads
  • bitmadsbitmads Member

@Liso said:

@bitmads said:

4x CPU (EPYC)
    8GB ECC RAM
    150GB NVMe SSD

Hetzner dont have singapore server, try WebHorizon or Hosthatch if you want server in sg

I don't need SG server, need European (Amsterdam/Germany preferably) and one in the US close to California but that's less important. I had two servers at MaxKVM, I am doomed :D

• @Liso said:

@bitmads said:

4x CPU (EPYC)
    8GB ECC RAM
    150GB NVMe SSD

WebHorizon is good, I will look for more VPS providers in Singapore

• @rattlecattle said:
    They have twitter in case anyone needs: https://twitter.com/MaxKVMCloud and https://twitter.com/semibandllc

But doubtful they would reply there.

There are no signs of life at MaxKVM, perhaps they have abandoned their customers

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Is it possible that the end is near?

• please prepare the coffin :D

• lotayalotaya Member

@bitmads said:

@Liso said:

@bitmads said:

4x CPU (EPYC)
    8GB ECC RAM
    150GB NVMe SSD

I don't need SG server, need European (Amsterdam/Germany preferably) and one in the US close to California but that's less important. I had two servers at MaxKVM, I am doomed :D

for me,I moved my five important server to contabo.Their bandwidth is too limited compare to other .but I need more resource and space.my usage also not more than 200mbp bandwidth.so,i moved there.At least,I can still get email reply and feel save a bit.

have snapshot for your the whole server for free.Anyway,I am still hoping them to back online cos my backup need for some time interval period.really troublesome.

• xvpsxvps Member

It's the easter holidays so it might be a little early to call it a deadpool after only 1 day.

• @bitmads said:
    So I think it's time to move, it's 24 hours and no answer.

4x CPU (EPYC)
    8GB ECC RAM
    150GB NVMe SSD

I use hetzner and buyvm. Buyvm would not be cheaper but also this very likely wouldn't happen there. Hetzner will give you the boot if you host something against TOS and do not comply when asked to deal with it.