Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS is down and cannot access MaxKVM - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS is down and cannot access MaxKVM

Comments

• lantislantis Member

Since 3d 4hr ago
    (under maintenance)
    Last 24 hours uptime: 100.0000% (0.0000%)
    Last 7 days uptime: 100.0000% (54.7817%)
    Last 30 days uptime: 100.0000% (89.4491%)
    2024 uptime: 100.0000% (96.5972%)
    Total uptime: 99.9968% (99.5220%)

Thanked by 2lotaya dogemeister
  • anyone with an IQ high enough to get a response from them?

Thanked by 2lantis dahartigan
  • monitoring ... any updates ?

• my IQ is not high enough to know how to load their website apparently...

yesterday I still got a payment reminder from them
    they seem to be gone for good this time. shame because their servers were great but this on and off thing is just stupid. I wanted to depart ways the last time it happened I was just lazy to move everything. everything was gone for a day like now and not a tinny explanation about it anywhere afterwards. and before that the one I remember was a whole week lol i stuck around for the good servers but this is nuts

• @H84Gabor said:
    my IQ is not high enough to know how to load their website apparently...

yesterday I still got a payment reminder from them
    they seem to be gone for good this time. shame because their servers were great but this on and off thing is just stupid. I wanted to depart ways the last time it happened I was just lazy to move everything. everything was gone for a day like now and not a tinny explanation about it anywhere afterwards. and before that the one I remember was a whole week lol i stuck around for the good servers but this is nuts

There's no hope left?!

Damn it, no morals

• rattlecattlerattlecattle Member
    edited March 31

Last time around on April 2022, they took more than 48 hours to inform customers about getting terminated from Hivelocity. After the move to DataPacket, was relatively smooth from then on, no major issues only until now. This time more than 72 hours has passed without an update.

• refugee offer when?

• A big lesson is never hosted with a small team or personal business hosting service. Go with a big/trusted company.

That's why the admin created a poll:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/192410/provider-poll-2023-the-results#latest

Thanked by 1tiendungdev
  • DazzleDazzle Member

@webmasteroffers said:
    A big lesson is never hosted with a small team or personal business hosting service. Go with a big/trusted company.

Not always true. Nexus Bytes was once a winner, but they still ended up deadpooling.

• still down. waiting online for latest backup.

• @webmasteroffers said:
    A big lesson is never hosted with a small team or personal business hosting service. Go with a big/trusted company.

The lesson is just to have backups. Any smart people impacted by this were down for maybe an hour as they failed over to a new provider.

• up ...

• bitmadsbitmads Member

@hosterbyte said:
    still down. waiting online for latest backup.

@fluffernutter said:

@webmasteroffers said:

The lesson is just to have backups. Any smart people impacted by this were down for maybe an hour as they failed over to a new provider.

Nobody has "hourly" backups m8.... so it's a loss anyway... and if you have a bit more complex website than a HTML page, you gotta work on that server setup, not to mention the security, performance fine-tunings etc... in our case in the best case was 3days/website... We could put back online 1,5 currently... have a lot more down

Thanked by 1lotaya
  • lotayalotaya Member

downtime is already Since 4d 18hr.wish they r ok and they can fix issue.need latest backup very urgently. :(

• LisoLiso Member

Has anyone chargeback yet?

• @lotaya said:
    downtime is already Since 4d 18hr.wish they r ok and they can fix issue.need latest backup very urgently. :(

me too....

• _MS__MS_ Member

Thanked by 2sasslik Calin
  • rattlecattlerattlecattle Member
    edited April 2

MaxKVM switched to Datapacket exactly two years back from now. Maybe the contract has expired/about to expire and they don't have funds to renew.

If fund crunch is indeed the reason for the outage, could be they are looking for investors or planning to sell out. In that case quite reasonable that they can't divulge details unless a deal goes through. But keeping customers in the dark is certainly not the way to go about it.

Thanked by 2tiendungdev lotaya
  • Offline Since 5d 3hr
    :(

Thanked by 1sangatsetia
  • @rattlecattle said:
    MaxKVM switched to Datapacket exactly two years back from now. Maybe the contract has expired/about to expire and they don't have funds to renew.

If fund crunch is indeed the reason for the outage, could be they are looking for investors or planning to sell out. In that case quite reasonable that they can't divulge details unless a deal goes through. But keeping customers in the dark is certainly not the way to go about it.

if this is real then they treating all customers as idiots

• @cybertech said:

@rattlecattle said:

if this is real then they treating all customers as idiots

Is there anyone who can influence or contact them to save customer data?

• xvpsxvps Member

@hosterbyte said:
    Offline Since 5d 3hr

It has been the easter holidays, and many banks and the billing department of many providers only work on weekdays.

If it's a payment issue, it might get fixed in one of the next days.

If not, it's time to call it a deadpool.

• RIP maxkvm ... :(

• caracalcaracal Member

This thread is pure deja vu

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Any news? We would help for any users affected by providing 2 months for FREE. Please just ticket a proof of being a customer and we do help you.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • LisoLiso Member

MaxKvm just sent me second invoice overdue notice, that's funny considering all my vps with them is down and inaccessible for 5 days

• @Liso said:
    MaxKvm just sent me second invoice overdue notice, that's funny considering all my vps with them is down and inaccessible for 5 days

Send them an invoice to compensate you for your downtime.

• Their billing panel was always up.
    https://manage.maxkvm.com/

• @rattlecattle said:
    Their billing panel was always up.

We know that but what good is a billing panel being accessible when customer servers are down, tickets are not answered and no communication on outage? :D

• @malignify said:

@rattlecattle said:
    Their billing panel was always up.

We know that but what good is a billing panel being accessible when customer servers are down, tickets are not answered and no communication on outage? :D

So that customers face no difficulties whatsoever paying for their non existent servers. Or maybe double up and buy more non existent servers from them. :lol: