Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a miracle VPS provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a miracle VPS provider

Comments

• KolusionKolusion Member
    edited March 5

@sh97 said:

@Kolusion said:

@noob404 said:

@noob404 said:
    I joined LET looking for such miracles. Found one with RackNerd. Satisfied with their service till now.

Meets your requirements and more at $10.99/year -

https://my.racknerd.com/aff.php?aff=10559&pid=838 (Aff link)
    https://my.racknerd.com/aff.php?pid=838 (Non-aff)

Oh, do you mean the chat? The owner dustinc is active here. You'd also try contacting other hosts like Crunchbits.

Yes, the chat.

Thanks, I had a look at Crunchbits but their out of stock on the one that I can afford.

Get to know when it's back in stock
    https://crunchbits.vmstock.top/ (aff)

I'm hungry and need to eat right now. :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Kolusion said:
    I spoke to Racknerd once and the person I spoke to was a fuckwit.

@dustinc is writing 1000-word rebuttal.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @yoursunny said:

@Kolusion said:

Yeah, DustinGPT is likely already working overtime.

• dapavndapavn Member, Patron Provider

@Kolusion said: The DIY KVM server looks good. Do you have a test account that I can login and verify it meets my requirements?

Yes we can help you out with that Please submit a support ticket and we will be able to help you.

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 5

@FatGrizzly said:

We are the ones gullible to sober-sounding eloquence, sounding reasonable is the right tool to ply fecal matter, the artisan has no fault of his own, the material he has to work with is at fault. When we beg for unbiased press we beg for more of the same treatment, which sounds reasonable in all aspects, after all it is done to protect the truth

No fecal matter was harmed in the writing of this non-sober-sounding post 🍺 💩

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited March 6

@davide said:

@FatGrizzly said:

We are the ones gullible to sober-sounding eloquence, sounding reasonable is the right tool to ply fecal matter, the artisan has no fault of his own, the material he has to work with is at fault. When we beg for unbiased press we beg for more of the same treatment, which sounds reasonable in all aspects, after all it is done to protect the truth

No fecal matter was harmed in the writing of this non-sober-sounding post 🍺 💩

Please quote properly.

I didn't write the above quoted comment.

• davidedavide Member

@FatGrizzly said:
    Please quote properly.
    I didn't write the above quoted comment.

What I wrote is... what's the name for it... Fake news!

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned

@dapavn said:

@Kolusion said: The DIY KVM server looks good. Do you have a test account that I can login and verify it meets my requirements?

Yes we can help you out with that Please submit a support ticket and we will be able to help you.

Thanks. Is there a support e-mail address?

I tried to look at Hostaris's plans on their website and it told me I had to login to view them. LMFAO backwards. Thanks anyway. :)

• dapavndapavn Member, Patron Provider

@Kolusion said: Thanks. Is there a support e-mail address?

Yes you can contact via this email:

[email protected]

Or you can use the support ticket given on the website

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited March 6

@Kolusion said: I tried to look at Hostaris's plans on their website and it told me I had to login to view them. LMFAO backwards.

Agreed, but the other one?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Kolusion said:

I'm sorry to hear this - and although it sounds like you've moved on (which is understandable) if at all you find the time, I would like to review the ticket where we failed. We're always interested in improving. Nonetheless, we appreciate you originally reaching out and giving us an opportunity to earn your business.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@noob404 said:

@noob404 said:
    I joined LET looking for such miracles. Found one with RackNerd. Satisfied with their service till now.

Oh, do you mean the chat? The owner dustinc is active here. You'd also try contacting other hosts like Crunchbits.

Yes yes, I try to be 🕺

• noob404noob404 Member

@dustinc said:

@noob404 said:

@noob404 said:

Yes yes, I try to be 🕺

Keep rocking!

• Dunno if this sastisify your needs, but vultr provides a 1yr free VPS trial if you provide your credit card and setup 2FA. I used them for 3 months now and it seems fine for me.

Specs:

• 1 vCPU
    • 0.5GB RAM
    • 10GB Disk (actually just ~5GB usable after ubuntu)
    • havent tested network speed
    • has public IPv4, dont know about ports
    • can upload custom ISO
    • dont know enough about "Non-fuckwit owner/staff"
      https://www.vultr.com/free-tier-program/
    edited March 6

@dapavn said:

You are a lying, time wasting fuckwit. There is no test account. When I contacted VPSforVPN to ask about a test account, I was told:

_Hello,

We do not provide tests, but you can order and if it doesn't fit your needs, we can work something out, or we can simply refund your payment.

Regards,
    Adrian C._

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Kolusion said:

@dapavn said:

You are a lying, time wasting fuckwit. There is no test account. When I contacted VPSforVPN to ask about a test account, I was told:

"Hello,

We do not provide tests, but you can order and if it doesn't fit your needs, we can work something out, or we can simply refund your payment.

Regards,
    Adrian C."

Sorry, instead of going around calling someone else a “fuckwit”, you could’ve just created a support ticket, or update your existing ticket and quoting/linking the comment from @dapavn about the test account.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited March 6

Humm, raging over a possible miscommunication!

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 6

Humm, raging over a possible miscommunication!

You fuckwit, I'll never buy anything from you!

edited March 6

I can't afford it.

edited March 6

@Kolusion said:
    I can't afford it.

Was well below your budget..

@Kolusion said:

• $5 AUD or equivalent in cost or less per month

$60 AUD/year

@SodaWithoutSparkles said:
    Dunno if this sastisify your needs, but vultr provides a 1yr free VPS trial if you provide your credit card and setup 2FA. I used them for 3 months now and it seems fine for me.

Specs:

• 1 vCPU
    • 0.5GB RAM
    • 10GB Disk (actually just ~5GB usable after ubuntu)
    • havent tested network speed
    • has public IPv4, dont know about ports
    • can upload custom ISO
    • dont know enough about "Non-fuckwit owner/staff"
      https://www.vultr.com/free-tier-program/

I used Vultr once and found them to be fuckwits as they would not unblock port 25 when I requested it as per their terms and conditions. Then they refused me a refund which I had to recover through a chargeback.

edited March 6

@DP said:

@Kolusion said:

@dapavn said:

"Hello,

Regards,
    Adrian C."

Sorry, instead of going around calling someone else a “fuckwit”, you could’ve just created a support ticket, or update your existing ticket and quoting/linking the comment from @dapavn about the test account.

Or I could just warn others about the reality of dealing with this Romanian VPS provider. dapavn is VPSforVPN.

• emghemgh Member

Lmao

@kevinds said:

@Kolusion said:
    I can't afford it.

Was well below your budget..

@Kolusion said:

• $5 AUD or equivalent in cost or less per month

$60 AUD/year

Its $7 USD per month.

• davidedavide Member

@Kolusion said:
    Its $7 USD per month.

I double-checked my post on page 1, it's $2.30/m quarterly.

Q.E.D.

edited March 6

@davide said:

@Kolusion said:
    Its $7 USD per month.

I double-checked my post on page 1, it's $2.30/m quarterly.

Q.E.D.

I didn't look at your post. I looked at the title of the thread and went to 'serverhost.com'.

I will checkout your post now. Thanks.

What does 'Q.E.D.' mean?

@Kolusion said: Its $7 USD per month.

What?

One was $32AUD/year, the other was $34AUD/year, neither was $7/month.

• davidedavide Member

@Kolusion said:
    What does 'Q.E.D.' mean?

Quod Erat Demonstrandum. It literally translates to "I'm a fuckwit".