Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a miracle VPS provider - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a miracle VPS provider

13»

Comments

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Kolusion said: I didn't look at your post.

Then why ask for help?

• KolusionKolusion Member
    edited March 6

@kevinds said:

@Kolusion said: Its $7 USD per month.

What?

One was $32AUD/year, the other was $34AUD/year, neither was $7/month.

There is no post on page 1 or page 2.

edited March 6

Ok. You gave me a link to ServerHost and Hostaris in a post. When I talked about Hostaris, you told me to check out the other one. So I then checked out ServerHost. But what you meant by the other one was your other post. I thought you meant the other link in the post including Hostaris.

• davidedavide Member

I'm an idiot :| However I found this:

HostBrr has (no aff)

• 1 vCore AMD Ryzen 9 7950XD
    • 1 GB DDR5 ECC RAM
    • 15 GB NVMe Gen4 Storage
    • 1 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    • IPv4 & IPv6/64 included
    • 1 Backup slot included
    • Hosted in Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

For $2.30 / month (quarterly). See product specs (aff)

edited March 6

Ahhh fuck. I have gotten you mixed up with kevin.

This is why you should not chat when you have just woken up and still in bed with your brain not switched on yet and unfed.

Sorry about that.

• davidedavide Member

Ohh I get it now! No prob!

What you think of that VPS, what's the fuckwit score? :D

edited March 7

No, its not my fault. Its this stupid quoting system. Kevin quoted David but David's quote was hidden, so it looked like David's links.

@davide said:
    Ohh I get it now! No prob!

What you think of that VPS, what's the fuckwit score? :D

I cannot find terms and conditions. They are probably presented when you pay, but you need to sign up to get to it. This host seems unorganised and a waste of my time to look any further.

edited March 7

@Kolusion said:
    No, its not my fault. Its this stupid quoting system. Kevin quoted David but David's quote was hidden, so it looked like David's links.

Actually no, I don't know what the fucks happened here. I need to get off the internet and out of bed now and eat. It doesn't matter anyway, I'm still in need of a miracle VPS provider.

• totototototo Member

@Kolusion said:
    I cannot find terms and conditions. They are probably presented when you pay, but you need to sign up to get to it. This host seems unorganised and a waste of my time to look any further.

I don't think you need to sign up to read ToS.
    https://hostbrr.com/terms-conditions/

edited March 7

How did you navigate to that URL from 'hostbrr.com'?

• totototototo Member

There is a link at the bottom of the home page, not on the sales page.
    https://i.imgur.com/sCiB0X1.jpeg

Thanked by 1Kolusion
    edited March 7

Yes, you are right.

I got taken to 'my.hostbrr.com' when looking at pricing, then I went to read the terms and conditions but they stupidly aren't on that subdomain. Then I clicked the HOSTBRR logo at the top and thought it had taken me to landing page 'hostbrr.com' because that is typically what happens on websites when you click the logo but not on this one. I am on my mobile and the URL bar in the browser is hidden, so I didn't notice.

Thanks for that.

edited March 7

I went to contact them to make a sales enquiry but they don't have an e-mail address. I like to use e-mail for correspondence, and my gut feeling tells me they are unorganised and don't understand expectations of people in business, so they are no good for my needs.

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

Most of these budget VPS providers seem more like hobby projects than a business.

There's gotta be someone out there who has their shit together for a price I can afford.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Kolusion said:
    Most of these budget VPS providers seem more like hobby projects than a business.

There's gotta be someone out there who has their shit together for a price I can afford.

Oh.

@Calin and @FlorinMarian are your best bet then.

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member

miracle, the term I first heard.

edited March 7

@FatGrizzly said:

@Kolusion said:

Oh.

@Calin and @FlorinMarian are your best bet then.

I already once tried to use HAZI but its own is a fuckwit. After I signed up, the service wasn't as described as the custom ISO facility that was advertised was non-existent. I sent off a request for help but was ignored, then I sent off a complaint but that too was ignore. Then I sent off a request for a refund and that was ignored as well. Then after recovering my money through a chargeback, I started to constantly receive spam every time his servers went down to 'notify' me of all the outages. After complaining to his mass mailer provider, Adobe Marketo, the spam stopped as it appeared Adobe booted him off their mailing service. Then I started receiving spam that was being sent from his own IP address which I then had to make a complaint to RIPE to get it to stop. RIPE is the European internet registry who is responsible for dealing with IP addresses being abused by menaces in Romania.

edited March 7

@aRNoLD said:
    miracle, the term I first heard.

There is a reason I use the word 'miracle' - its highly relevant in my circumstance from my past experiences. :)

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Kolusion said:

When did Kevin (me) quote David? I (Kevin) have only quoted you (Kolusion).

It doesn't matter. I just need a miracle now.

• are the providers the fuckwits or is the OP the fuckwit

Thanked by 2Smigit sasslik
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@davide said:

@Kolusion said:
    What does 'Q.E.D.' mean?

Quod Erat Demonstrandum. It literally translates to "I'm a fuckwit".

No, you fuckwit!

"Erat" is future 2 past tense and "Demonstrandum" means a car corso that drives kind of aggressively for political reasons, usually with some local folk music playing loud in the stereo.
    One exception though: Near the polish coast it also can mean "marriage? Are you drunk? Anyway, spread'em for another round, bitch!" as a form of showing profound interest in the question of what the link between plasma physics and Goedel's second incompleteness theorem is.

• VoidVoid Member

@Kolusion said:

HAZI

After complaining to his mass mailer provider, Adobe Marketo, the spam stopped as it appeared Adobe booted him off their mailing service. Then I started receiving spam that was being sent from his own IP address which I then had to make a complaint to RIPE to get it to stop. RIPE is the European internet registry who is responsible for dealing with IP addresses being abused by menaces in Romania.

Not the hero we deserve

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

He finally got a miracle.

• another fuckwit eliminated

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • spyworkspywork Member

This guy was a very idiot.