Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mxroute alternative - must be in EU - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mxroute alternative - must be in EU

Comments

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

@JosephF said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@gbzret4d said:
    Hello,
    im a pretty happy customer at mxroute but i need an alternative for email hosting and it must be in the EU. Company must be be registered in the EU and the server must be located in the EU too.

What i need is:
    10GB space
    25 addresses
    pop and smtp support
    bring your own domain

Please suggest me some providers!

@gbzret4d if your happy to have your emails in the UK we could be happy to have you on our services.

We offer IMAP, POP , SMTP Support
    Multiple 10GB Mailboxes with ability to upgrade storage
    Use your Own domains
    Multiple addresses
    Forwarders
    Catch all
    auto-responders ect
    Daily backups included

GDPR Compliant
    can provide our ICO Certification on request

contact us to proceed if this sounds like what your interested in

Are you on the 20i platform?

we have a blend we use 20i currently , but slowly moving clients over to our own hosting in batches depening on there current use, and being contacted in batches to update there records

Is the email hosting you're currently offering on 20i or in-house?

• @JosephF said:

@sanvit said:
    https://www.netcup.de/hosting/#webhosting-details

Netcup's web hosting does come with email, and they do something similar to MXroute. Has own relays, uses seperate server/panel for email accounts, etc.

How much does Netcup email hosting cost?

The link I posted is literally their pricing page.

• kaitkait Member

@DP said:
    Mailfence?

I support this decision.

• @gbzret4d said:

@Swiftnode said:
    Why the EU requirement? Privacy laws?

Yes

Its a family member and he is a therapist for state institutions and the laws require GDPR-compliant hosting, also to protect his patients.

Pick ISO 27001 & HDS provider

• edited February 15

@JosephF said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:
    Strato offers an integrated and automatic mail archival service. Useful for him since he is required (by law) to keep all of his e-mails archived for at least 10 years. Both their email as well as archival service are fully EU-DSVGO and GoBD compliant + certified with other (marketing) certifications.

I think your family member cares more about security and integrity of his emails. If he looses part of his archive and gets an unlucky audit, the consequences will be very high, especially for someone in his position.

In the EU it is illegal for a therapist to delete any of his emails for ten years?

In germany it’s 10 years for medical emails related to the client.
    For normal businesses it’s 6 years of obligatory archival.
    Only applies to mails related to the business. Spam can be deleted.

Here everything is strictly regulated rip.

• as a counterpart to the already recommended inleed (i am a domain customer there, switched from loopia) here is a german alternative https://all-inkl.com/webhosting/privat/ (i have been a customer there for 21 years).

• Migadu?

• WiseWise Member

@TheGreatOakley said:
    Migadu?

migadue send and receive limits are so restrictive though? I can easily send 50 emails in a day, so a small operation I would think could max out quite quickly??

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited February 15

@TheGreatOakley said:
    Migadu?

They only partly cover the requirement servers are in the EU hosted at OVH, Migadu is a Switzerland company which isn't EU country.

• @gbzret4d said:

i prefer in this case an email only hosting solution. Whats so "special" about inleed? You are a customer of them or used them in the past?

I'm a long time inleed customer and I can only concur with @emgh. Really nice support, decent prices and good performance. I've never used them for email but I host some domains and websites there, both my own and for customers, and never had any problems.

They seem to be a pretty cool company. They offer a free email service, they have a webshop where they sell their old hardware, and they do VPS, colocation, VPN, webhosting, transit and even ISP in some parts of Sweden.
    They even have a document signing service that uses BankID (which is a Swedish digital identification used by banks, institutions and governments).

Thanked by 2emgh hyperblast
  • emghemgh Member

@rcy026 I used it to sign documents, it’s really nice

• ProtonMail
    Tutanota
    Mailfence

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@gbzret4d said:
    Hello,
    im a pretty happy customer at mxroute but i need an alternative for email hosting and it must be in the EU. Company must be be registered in the EU and the server must be located in the EU too.

What i need is:
    10GB space
    25 addresses
    pop and smtp support
    bring your own domain

Hi,

I can help you with mail hosting or with your own private mail server, in NL.
    DM me if that sounds like an awesome partnership is ready to begin! :)

• amarcamarc Veteran

Do they use some commercial control panel or something custom ?

• Mailbox.org seem to fit the bill joined them earlier this year had no issue.

• There are some providers mentioned here - Fastmail, mailfence, tutanota, proton, inbox, which as opposed to Mxroute/Mailcheap/Inleed, ask for a price per mailbox instead of per GB.

Migadu is off my list because of their ridiculous email limits and political policies.

Mailcheap because of their concurrent connections limit.

Mailfence/proton/tuta commonly end up in spam filters with for example people hosting with gmail or microsoft.

Which makes me raise a few questions:

• Which providers offer webhosting which includes email with high delivery rate, similar to mxroute?
      Delivering mail directly. not through a US email provider like amazon etc.

• Why did mxroute drop the european server(s)?

• pbxpbx Member

@packetnext said: Why did mxroute drop the european server(s)?

@jar is the only one who can answer this question, but to get back to @gbzret4d's problem, even if @jar had a server in EU the service would still be subject to US laws (i.e. a subpoena from a US court would mean that his users' data ends up in the hands of the US gov).

As far as I understand @jar's setup, his latest location (US-East) is the best, as it's not some cheap VPS from a big company but it runs on bare metal, using Mxroute IP blocks, and @jar has a better control over everything. Not sure if the hardware there is owned or rented, though, but it doesn't really matter. If US is not an issue it seems to me that this location is more interesting than what he did offer in EU in the past (or elsewhere in the US).

• pbxpbx Member

@sanvit said: https://www.netcup.de/hosting/#webhosting-details

Netcup's web hosting does come with email, and they do something similar to MXroute. Has own relays, uses seperate server/panel for email accounts, etc.

A great choice, from a solid company. Sadly they don't strip sender IP from the headers (at least that wasn't the case last time I checked). Probably a good choice given OP's specific needs...

• @amarc said:

Do they use some commercial control panel or something custom ?

custom

• chickenkothuchickenkothu Member
    edited February 15

https://www.zoho.com/mail/zohomail-pricing.html?src=mpd-menu : Zoho Mail, 1.2EUR/month for the 10GB plan.

https://go.zoho.com/U9v - Referral URL (both of us get credits to try out their services)

Using them for around 7 years now!

from their support page:

Where is my data stored? Can I choose where my account and data will be located?
    The Data Center where your data is stored is selected automatically based on the Country chosen by you while signing up for Zoho services. The information regarding which Data Center has been selected is displayed right below the Country picklist in the sign up form.

1. If the URL is in the format of *.zoho.eu, then your data is stored in the EU(European) DC
  • @packetnext said:
    There are some providers mentioned here - Fastmail, mailfence, tutanota, proton, inbox, which as opposed to Mxroute/Mailcheap/Inleed, ask for a price per mailbox instead of per GB.

Yeah, and those costs per inbox quickly add up with even a few users. Still cheaper than Google or Microsoft though I guess.

• @Jasonhyperhost said:

@gbzret4d said:
    Hello,

What i need is:
    10GB space
    25 addresses
    pop and smtp support
    bring your own domain

@gbzret4d if your happy to have your emails in the UK we could be happy to have you on our services.

We offer IMAP, POP , SMTP Support
    Multiple 10GB Mailboxes with ability to upgrade storage
    Use your Own domains
    Multiple addresses
    Forwarders
    Catch all
    auto-responders ect
    Daily backups included

GDPR Compliant
    can provide our ICO Certification on request

contact us to proceed if this sounds like what your interested in

Sorry but it need to be in the EU

• @ascicode said:

@gbzret4d said:

@Swiftnode said:
    Why the EU requirement? Privacy laws?

Yes

Its a family member and he is a therapist for state institutions and the laws require GDPR-compliant hosting, also to protect his patients.

Don't think a low end meets this criteria.

No one is offering mailhosting and is a registered company in the EU? Dont think so. Hes doing his own backups

• @lowendtalkxdax said:
    Strato offers an integrated and automatic mail archival service. Useful for him since he is required (by law) to keep all of his e-mails archived for at least 10 years. Both their email as well as archival service are fully EU-DSVGO and GoBD compliant + certified with other (marketing) certifications.

I think your family member cares more about security and integrity of his emails. If he looses part of his archive and gets an unlucky audit, the consequences will be very high, especially for someone in his position.

Thanks for the mention of strato. Will take a look at their offer

• @DP said:
    Mailfence?

Thanks for the mention. They look promising. You are or was a customer of mailfence?

• @JosephF said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@JosephF said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

In the EU it is illegal for a therapist to delete any of his emails for ten years?

for Medical and Education i belive it is 8 years (dont quote me on it) but it will be different on a per country basis based on local laws

So medical and educational personnel cannot delete any emails at all for eight years or irrelevant messages, non-business messages and spam can be deleted?

Some need to keep backups by law like a lawyer

• edited February 15

@gbzret4d said:

@JosephF said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@JosephF said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

for Medical and Education i belive it is 8 years (dont quote me on it) but it will be different on a per country basis based on local laws

So medical and educational personnel cannot delete any emails at all for eight years or irrelevant messages, non-business messages and spam can be deleted?

I wonder if the law clearly defines what a backup is. Is cp -R * /tmp a backup?

• @totally_not_banned said:

@gbzret4d said:

@JosephF said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@JosephF said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

afaik short answer no.

https://www.mirrorweb.com/blog/what-are-the-implications-of-gdpr-for-digital-archiving

• @totally_not_banned said:

@gbzret4d said:

@JosephF said:

@Jasonhyperhost said:

@JosephF said:

@lowendtalkxdax said:

Well, the law states that it should be saved in such a way so that if asked, you are able to retrieve it. And of course, if it contains sensitive information it needs to be properly protected as defined in other laws.
    If you feel safe doing a copy to /tmp, than sure, it's a backup. If it fails, you get fined or go to jail.