Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Your 1,2,3,4,6,8GB KVM NVMe Deal Starting at $10.00/Yearly. Free .COM on 4GB and Higher & cPANEL - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get Your 1,2,3,4,6,8GB KVM NVMe Deal Starting at $10.00/Yearly. Free .COM on 4GB and Higher & cPANEL

Comments

• @hostthebest said:

@njkhanh said:

As we are in contact and working via the ticket system. Updates will be provided there.

You promised to fix my errors but after 8 hours I don't see any change. My Ticket #528281

• @hostthebest said:

@bethp said:
    Sorry I have to ask as I was interested but after a Google I found that "Enotch" has a few threads on WHT of issues, can I ask you to elaborate on these?

In regard to your offers, can you do BGP?

We purchased the company and its IP assets in 2019. There was about a /20 or so and 300 to 400 servers that were sold to cover debt and the service owner at that time had a lot of abusive dedicated server customers and got terminated because of it. There are quite a few non hosting related SaaS platforms but it was decided to relaunch with the hostthebest brand after purchasing in 2021 or 2022 I believe now. The goal is to accept the brand took a lot of hits but do things the right way. This promo advertised here is just about brand awareness. Its not the first time we posted here and generally the plans are 3.50/monthly for the same specs.

I wonder who is running the company now? If you are no longer affiliated with enotch then who is running the brand now?

Your about page still links to an old Enotch company which is registered back on 2006. You should therefore update that information to the current holder of the company and the brand.

The reason you are being scrutinized is because of the brand's bad history, and so you are being associated to its foul past.

• hostthebesthostthebest Member, Patron Provider

@njkhanh said:

@hostthebest said:

@njkhanh said:

As we are in contact and working via the ticket system. Updates will be provided there.

You promised to fix my errors but after 8 hours I don't see any change. My Ticket #528281

Please note that this post and this forum is not the support desk. We have a ticket and there is a ticket open regarding this which has your personal information. It has been updated and your issue resolved with command output should you have this issue again and need to fix it yourself. Happy to help.

@listerine90 said:

@hostthebest said:

@bethp said:
    Sorry I have to ask as I was interested but after a Google I found that "Enotch" has a few threads on WHT of issues, can I ask you to elaborate on these?

In regard to your offers, can you do BGP?

We purchased the company and its IP assets in 2019. There was about a /20 or so and 300 to 400 servers that were sold to cover debt and the service owner at that time had a lot of abusive dedicated server customers and got terminated because of it. There are quite a few non hosting related SaaS platforms but it was decided to relaunch with the hostthebest brand after purchasing in 2021 or 2022 I believe now. The goal is to accept the brand took a lot of hits but do things the right way. This promo advertised here is just about brand awareness. Its not the first time we posted here and generally the plans are 3.50/monthly for the same specs.

I wonder who is running the company now? If you are no longer affiliated with enotch then who is running the brand now?

Your about page still links to an old Enotch company which is registered back on 2006. You should therefore update that information to the current holder of the company and the brand.

The reason you are being scrutinized is because of the brand's bad history, and so you are being associated to its foul past.

It is no worry to be scrutinized as you are entitled to ask questions of the business you consider doing transactions with and if it means reiteration then that's fine also. However, Enotch Technologies is not Enotch Networks. A whois of the networks domain says created/modified June 2023 and does not redirect to anything to do with us, website, ip, billing system or otherwise. Someone also tried to make a false connection all anything with the enotch word in it to dts-net which also has no connection to us. I would probably do the same thing as a buyer. However, I have explained many times. Yes there is a past online but that is not why we purchased the company, the company was purchased for its assets as I explained in most of page #2. The user that raised the question about connections to enotch networks and dts-net had a right to do so and I answered truthfully. An ARIN search of IP's we use is going to show Enotch Technologies since that is the company we own and we obviously own HostTheBest. Hopefully that part is clear.

You are correct, the website is dated. It is the same design from when we purchased it. When it is updated the about us page will still say Enotch Technologies.

We also have OpenVZ 2GB plan for 14.00/yearly. These are on Ryzen 3900's so are priced slightly higher than the KVM promo which is on E5 v3/E5 v4's.
    https://my.hostthebest.com/store/lowenddeals/letvz2gb

• 8 Cores
    • 2GB Ram
    • 20GB Disk (Pure NVMe Storage)
    • 1GB Port
    • 1Gbps Unmetered bandwidth
    • 1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    • /64 IPv6 Subnet
    • Daily Backups
      Simply $16.00/yearly
      Post order number here and get 10GB NVMe additional upgrade!
  • Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores : 12 @ 2299.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 3.6 GiB
    Swap : 4.0 GiB
    Disk : 4.8 GiB
    Distro : AlmaLinux 8.3 (Purple Manul)
    Kernel : 4.18.0-240.15.1.el8_3.x86_64
    VM Type : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

Issues from the bench:

1. AES-NI disabled. Do you consider change CPU model to host-passthrough?

2. IPv6 offline. Is it able to use?

@lowendclient said:

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores : 12 @ 2299.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 3.6 GiB
    Swap : 4.0 GiB
    Disk : 4.8 GiB
    Distro : AlmaLinux 8.3 (Purple Manul)
    Kernel : 4.18.0-240.15.1.el8_3.x86_64
    VM Type : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6 : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

Issues from the bench:

1. AES-NI disabled. Do you consider change CPU model to host-passthrough?

2. IPv6 offline. Is it able to use?

1) We do support AES-NI support. Just open a ticket once placed.
    2) IPv6 is supported. We give a /64 with each VPS.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • Can I switch from Utah to Los Angeles?

Yes, this is actually being worked in now to add more capacity in LA as this promo started with Utah only. I think it's almost ready to go in LA, a few more hours and anyone that wants to switch can do so. Just open a ticket. It is possible that the IPv6 configuration will be delayed in the new LA setup but this is being worked on now.

• lbrenlbren Member
    edited February 18

I have purchased a $25 package for my invoice #6920. Although the VPS failed to go online normally after purchasing, the problem was quickly resolved after I submitted a support ticket. From the current point of view, except for the disk size of the product, other parameters are the same as those advertised by hostthebest. It’s really amazing to be able to purchase a VPS with such configuration at such a price. In short, I think hostthebest’s VPS product is very good.

• The other YABS output didn't show Geekbench scores (it failed) so I figured I would show a successful one:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22236069

Pretty bad results. As others have stated the CPU steal percentage on these is really high so makes sense that the score is so low. Also the IP addresses are on a number of RBL lists so keep that in mind before you buy too.

@lbren said:
    I have purchased a $25 package for my invoice #6920. Although the VPS failed to go online normally after purchasing, the problem was quickly resolved after I submitted a support ticket. From the current point of view, except for the disk size of the product, other parameters are the same as those advertised by hostthebest. It’s really amazing to be able to purchase a VPS with such configuration at such a price. In short, I think hostthebest’s VPS product is very good.

We had a few instances of this happening as when we setup the plans we did not anticipate the question of upgrades and some once the plan was selected for upgrade did not upgrade particularly on the storage side seamlessly. I am looking into this and anyone affected will be contacted by ticket.

@FrankCastle said:
    The other YABS output didn't show Geekbench scores (it failed) so I figured I would show a successful one:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22236069

Pretty bad results. As others have stated the CPU steal percentage on these is really high so makes sense that the score is so low. Also the IP addresses are on a number of RBL lists so keep that in mind before you buy too.

It is our goal to have spectacular YABS and Geekbench scores and there are some things we can do to help us get there. One is we are setting up more nodes and doing better at monitoring those in use now for abuse among other things. We hope that you can take this again in the next few days and be happy with the results.

Regarding IP's, yes there are some IPs that we have that are in various blacklists. This is the nature of auto provisioned VPS services, but we do a good job of getting it taken care of regardless of what is required and if you find that your IP is on one of these lists, we can simply assign another one to you and we reserve that affected IP until it is cleaned. You are not forced to stay on an IP that is on a blacklist, and we have never turned down someone that asks to be changed to a new one because of this.

The service location of LA is now available for use. This applies for any KVM promo listed in the original thread. While we setup the new nodes, some of them do not have IPv6 ready as yet. Each VPS will be assigned a /64 once ready, and you will be notified by ticket.

New customers can use the location drop down to select Utah or LA with Dallas and UK/EU coming soon!

Ubuntu 22 KVM template updated, and Ubuntu 23.10 template added due to the high number of requests.

• @hostthebest said:
    The service location of LA is now available for use. This applies for any KVM promo listed in the original thread. While we setup the new nodes, some of them do not have IPv6 ready as yet. Each VPS will be assigned a /64 once ready, and you will be notified by ticket.

New customers can use the location drop down to select Utah or LA with Dallas and UK/EU coming soon!

Ubuntu 22 KVM template updated, and Ubuntu 23.10 template added due to the high number of requests.

Congratulations on achieving good results in your promotional campaign. Perhaps your manpower is tight now and there are many things to handle, but please take some time to handle the support ticket.

• @hostthebest said:

It seems that the upload speed of the Los Angeles node is difficult to reach 1Gbps, and I hope it can be optimized.

• PhyMaaPhyMaa Member
    edited February 19

Ticket #449062 Can I migrate my server from LA to Utah?

• Ticket #182696 I also want to change from LA to Utah.

• Unable to checkout. It's redirecting to a different page after I try to add the VPS to cart

@lbren said:

@hostthebest said:

Congratulations on achieving good results in your promotional campaign. Perhaps your manpower is tight now and there are many things to handle, but please take some time to handle the support ticket.

Thank you for your patience and trust of your business. We have been doing our best to manage the growth and ticket ratio. Please provide some time for a reply. If possible you can PM me your ticket # and I will try to handle myself.

@root9000 said:

@hostthebest said:

It seems that the upload speed of the Los Angeles node is difficult to reach 1Gbps, and I hope it can be optimized.

We are adding more capacity as we add more nodes obviously this is a needed requirement. If there is a still a problem here, please open a ticket. Thank you for your business, it is most appreciated.

@PhyMaa said:
    Ticket #449062 Can I migrate my server from LA to Utah?

We will be doing another batch of migrations shortly. This will be included. Updates will be given to you privately via the ticket. Thank you for your patience and for your business.

@jimoriluo said:
    Ticket #182696 I also want to change from LA to Utah.

Most of the migration requests have been for Utah to LA and we have started doing Utah to LA which was not expected. Same process but we are trying to manage as we have more capacity in LA.

@qbit15 said:
    Unable to checkout. It's redirecting to a different page after I try to add the VPS to cart

Hello,
    Thank you for considering us for your server needs.
    This experience should not be the case but things do happen. Can you try again or PM me with anything about the error that you receive? - You can also open a ticket but I would like to work with you directly to get you situated.

• qbit15qbit15 Member
    edited February 19

@hostthebest said:

@qbit15 said:
    Unable to checkout. It's redirecting to a different page after I try to add the VPS to cart

Hello,
    This experience should not be the case but things do happen. Can you try again or PM me with anything about the error that you receive? - You can also open a ticket but I would like to work with you directly to get you situated.

It redirects to https://my.hostthebest.com/store/shared-hosting
    after I click continue on the order page. Is the 10$/y plan still in stock? Also, what is the fair usage bandwidth?

• Nevermind. You guys are looking a bit sus, I will wait for others to review

@qbit15 said:

@hostthebest said:

@qbit15 said:

Hello,

It redirects to https://my.hostthebest.com/store/shared-hosting
    after I click continue on the order page. Is the 10$/y plan still in stock? Also, what is the fair usage bandwidth?

Most of the comments in this thread are about the $10.00 plan. So yes it is still available. There have been some issues with payments for some users who are paying by Stripe due to a customization but we have not seen that recently as it was fixed based on our testing and other customers. That said we have been getting dozens of orders every day which is why I asked for more details.

@qbit15 said:
    Nevermind. You guys are looking a bit sus, I will wait for others to review

Hello,
    No worries. You must make the right decision for your money. Nothing about us is sus. It is up to you while we would love to have your business. Hopefully you find the motivation to give us a try or find the host that works for you.

• @qbit15 said:
    Nevermind. You guys are looking a bit sus, I will wait for others to review

I know there were apparently some issues with the previous owner of the company but thus far the new owner seems pretty solid to me. The performance (re my earlier yabs post) isn't top tier but it is also a much better price point than those that perform better. For $10/year you can't expect to be getting top tier performance, right?

What I can say is that @hostthebest has been very helpful and transparent about everything (ie the past issues of the company). Yes, the ticket times aren't blazingly fast but again I'm paying less than $1 month for a decent VPS server. I think it is a very fair deal from everything that I've experienced thus far. Hell, I'd go so far as to say I think is a a pretty good bang for your buck deal. I have a number of other VPS instances with other companies that I pay more for and don't get the same level of service.

What I also appreciate is that this company is open to criticism and wants to try and make things better for their customers as best they can. How many other providers can say the same?

So yeah, I was a bit hesitant at first too but hell for $10 I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm really glad I did. I would recommend others give it a try too. As long as your expectations aren't too high (thinking that you deserve $10/month service for less than a fraction of that) I think you will be very happy just like me.

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd
  • LA looking glass plz?

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd