Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Year | Lifetime Offers / Shared/Reseller DirectAdmin (DE, SG, LA, AT!) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Year | Lifetime Offers / Shared/Reseller DirectAdmin (DE, SG, LA, AT!)

Comments

• tomletomle Member, LIR

New server shows 6 core/12 threads AMD Milan with 128GB RAM whereas the old server showed AMD Ryzen 3900 12 core processor.

Seems the new server is hosted with PHP-Friends, probably some kind of vServer/KVM instead of bare metal, probably keeps down cost. Let's hope it's stable!

• @tomle said:
    New server shows 6 core/12 threads AMD Milan with 128GB RAM whereas the old server showed AMD Ryzen 3900 12 core processor.

Seems the new server is hosted with PHP-Friends, probably some kind of vServer/KVM instead of bare metal, probably keeps down cost. Let's hope it's stable!

"Ryzen 7950X, full NVMe" is the expectation set?

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Is WDE1 under ddos attack?

Keeps going down.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 8

@tomle said:

We rent the whole server and virtualize the hosting server. Much easier to migrate a VM than baremetal. The new node is a 7950X 3d.

Thanked by 2JasonM Abd

@Chalipa said:
    Is WDE1 under ddos attack?

Keeps going down.

It's being migrated. Check network status.

@Ympker said:
    I assume if my domains ns point to wde1.wndp.pt, no further action is needed as those will be updated by @MikePT ?

The email reads "If you're pointing your domains to your DNS servers, no action should be needed."

Is it meant to say "if you're pointing your domains to our DNS [...]"?

Ooops typo. Anyone using our dns servers is fine.

Thanked by 1Ympker

35% of the websites have already been migrated.

Will take a few more hours to finish. Probably 7-8.

We emailed and posted on network status. 👌

• @MikePT said:
    35% of the websites have already been migrated.

Will take a few more hours to finish. Probably 7-8.

We emailed and posted on network status. 👌

Why is the old server down already? I am having a 7-8 hours downtime then.

I can login to my reseller account, 1 gb data moved so 21gb still left.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited February 8

only my main reseller account is transferred up till now, I can't see any user-accounts inside DA (Show Users count is 0) to have been transferred
    Is that normal? @MikePT

• @BradMcA said: the new IP gives an invalid SSL cert on any site I try to point there for now.. I'm using cloudflare for DNS

same here. I've reseller account and subaccounts/Users. My reseller account got migrated to new server, and SSL is doing fine (no error via cloudflare), but user accounts seems not migrated (yet) that is why when you change IP in cloudflare dns for account not migrated it shows invalid SSL cert (same as my case). Wait for entire migration to complete and then check if its still giving ssl cert error code 526, if still then you'll have to issue new origin ssl (but i hope it does not). I hope this helps.

• @MikePT said:

@tomle said:

We rent the whole server and virtualize the hosting server. Much easier to migrate a VM than baremetal. The new node is a 7950X 3d.

The virtualized hosting server will be the only use of the entire dedicated server?

• Updated all site IP address at cloudflare and can login to direct admin again, looking good! Thanks @MikePT

• Good work, everything is fine here.

• @MikePT said:

@tomle said:

As to why the 3D version of the chip? I was under the impression that the extra 3D cache would mainly benefit in gaming workloads (desktop, not server).

• Can you guys get into phpMyAdmin? for me its saying "Failed to login to phpMyAdmin
    " but then might be me being dumb... just created an empty DB in Direct Admin to try and still can't get it to connect and browse. WordPress sites work great, WP Benchmark tool thinks Persistent object cache isn't enabled? getting an average score with that plugin of 7.3

• Lifetime ordered
    Invoice #3008
    Please change to dedicated IP

• Apache Passenger is required by Python Selector. Please, contact your hoster.
    Apache Passenger is required by Node.js Selector. Please, contact your hoster.

• mee2mee2 Member

Looks like cron jobs are not migrated.

• My RoundCube email filters also did not survive the migration. Opened a ticket, waiting for response so far :) I think Mike has a lot to do already.

Hey everyone,

Any issues just open a ticket, we're sorting those one by one :)

Migrations are never seamless when migrating from DA to DA...

cPanel to cPanel is far faster, reduced downtime and no issues whatsoever.

• Disastrous and slow the new server, we will have to be patient. I hope that in a few days it will stabilize.

@ikibsys said:
    Disastrous and slow the new server, we will have to be patient. I hope that in a few days it will stabilize.

? how so?

• @MikePT said:

@ikibsys said:
    Disastrous and slow the new server, we will have to be patient. I hope that in a few days it will stabilize.

? how so?

At the moment, even a simple PHP (no database) page with a PNG is not loading 100%.
    Normally it is very fast, it now slower and not every image / resource is loading.

And webmail is not logging in.

Kind regards, Henk

@henkb said:

@MikePT said:

@ikibsys said:

? how so?

At the moment, even a simple PHP (no database) page with a PNG is not loading 100%.
    Normally it is very fast, it now slower and not every image / resource is loading.

Kind regards, Henk

Open a ticket and provide all steps to reproduce it.

The new server is a monster, there are no issues with missing CPU performance.

• @MikePT said:

@henkb said:

@MikePT said:

@ikibsys said:

? how so?

Kind regards, Henk

Open a ticket and provide all steps to reproduce it.

The new server is a monster, there are no issues with missing CPU performance.

Hi Miguel,

Your doing great, maybe it was just a temporary "hickup".

The page runs great again, just like yesterday and days before.

Kind regards, Henk

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Just wondering, do these plans support IPv6?

• @cmeerw said:
    Just wondering, do these plans support IPv6?

I pay for dedicated IP and it comes with ipv6

Thanked by 1cmeerw
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited February 14

@MikePT Do you still offer a specific MailChannel product that you used to sell under IRoute.io, and apparently was somehow affiliated with MXRoute?

• Anyone experiencing issue on LA server?

• Ok it's up now :)