Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in Turkey, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Latvia, France, Israel - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in Turkey, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Latvia, France, Israel

124»

Comments

• EDIS is not the cheapest. But great service and support. I still have a raspberry pi with them from there free raspberry pi hosting offer from 10years ago.

• Does inferno.name do holiday sales? I'm still looking for an affordable Belgian location.

• @jenkki

I haven't rejected any proposal. I'm taking everything in and taking notes and study their offering.

I said in my first post that I'm looking ideally for annual payments with a discount. inferno didn't seem to provide that, or I didn't check it properly. I apologise if I missed it. I will look again.

Edis doesn't seem to provide annual payments.

Based on the providers I have seen I have a good idea what an annual VPS server should cost in places I'm looking. I never said I want everything for 5-10. Please don't speak for me. I think you are angry because of your argument with the other user. Please leave me out of it.

Thank you

• @SwordfishBE said: Does inferno.name do holiday sales?

Orthodox Christmas has a different date than Catholic Christmas holidays.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2023

@houmie said: I said in my first post that I'm looking ideally for annual payments with a discount.

Have you even tried contacting them. Maybe they will solve your question about the annual discount specifically for you?

@houmie said: Based on the providers I have seen I have a good idea what an annual VPS server should cost in places I'm looking. I never said I want everything for 5-10. Please don't speak for me. I think you are angry because of your argument with the other user.

It's all based on your questions and answers. I didn't come up with anything. I don't give a shit. Do whatever you want to do in your search.

• @houmie said:
    Thanks that's bizarre that their upload rate is so much higher than download rate. But if that's true, that's exactly what I need. I could swear I looked at markahost two days ago and found some YABS that were ultra slow. Are you sure this benchmark here is from them?

Thanks, I will look into RemoteAdmin and RDP.sh as well for Poland. skhron.com.ua for Poland is also on my list. Need to do this before end of the year.

Funny you mention that about Melbicom, I'm actually moving away from them. Nothing wrong with them, but their average speeds are generally around 350 Mbps to max 500 Mbps. I find this a bit too slow.

Yeah, the YABS is from my server. The upload rate may be slower because I have other stuff running on my server at the same time. I've been using them since September 2022 and their server has been running great for me. I've had no issues with performance issues or any downtime except their control panel is a little frustrating to use and their distros that they provide are often outdated.

Melbicom is great if you are looking for vps in those more obscure locations.

Also For france, I would just use OVH LE VPS. Good specs and good network for the price.
    Epyc VPS with 1gbit unmetered. I think remember seeing some small FR VPS providers that do 10gbit.

Thanked by 1houmie
  • Thanks @concept

I remember now what put me off with markahost. If you look at their main page under Data centre:

Cabin Service 
    500 Mbit Non-Shared Line

1U Hosting or 2U Hosting
    250 Mbit, 1 Gbit Capacity (So they have the capacity but speed seems to be capped at 250Mbit)

But the YABS you posted doesn't seem to show these limitations. Quite bizarre.

Yes, I will still be using Melbicom in certain locations. They are ok.

My three year subscription with OVH comes to an end in February. I'm not a fan of them. :-) Really looking forward to find a smaller VPS provider that could replace them, particularly in France.

• conceptconcept Member
    edited December 2023

@houmie said:
    Thanks @concept

I remember now what put me off with markahost. If you look at their main page under Data centre:

Cabin Service 
    500 Mbit Non-Shared Line

1U Hosting or 2U Hosting
    250 Mbit, 1 Gbit Capacity (So they have the capacity but speed seems to be capped at 250Mbit)

But the YABS you posted doesn't seem to show these limitations. Quite bizarre.

Not sure where you got that but this is what I have.
    https://markahost.com.tr/premium-sanal-sunucu

I'm guessing that they are putting 250 mbit as a guaranteed bw which is different from bw being capped at 250 mbit.

If markahost doesn't work for you. it's all good. Just speaking from the hosting providers I've experienced.

• @jenkki said:

@shruub said: That's why (I would like to) communicate only via ticket.

Well, you can send a paper letter in the mail if you like :smiley:

@shruub said: Well, the ticket was a few months ago. Regardless, doesn't really matter.

Can you provide a screenshot of the date and time of this ticket? And evidence of no response?
    What language are you using? Have you escalated the ticket?

Funnly enough, the ticket seems to be deleted. I've used English since I can't speak Russian,and they also responded in English. Dunno how I would have escaleted the ticket. Might open a new one after the holidays.

• @concept said:
    I'm guessing that they are putting 250 mbit as a guaranteed bw which is different from bw being capped at 250 mbit.

You might be right. After all I don't speak Turkish, I just used a FireFox plugin to translate that page. Maybe that information didn't get properly translated. I'll give it a shot with them. thank you.

Btw you mentioned their Operating systems might be out of date. Can you see if they have Debian 12? Or alternatively do they allow an image to be uploaded?

If markahost doesn't work for you. it's all good. Just speaking from the hosting providers I've experienced.

I really appreciate your help here. I'll try them out. Thanks

• Actually I got in touch with their support. No Debian 12 available and they don't have any option to upload images. Nor any plans to update to Debian 12. Ah well, the search continues...

• @houmie said:
    Actually I got in touch with their support. No Debian 12 available and they don't have any option to upload images. Nor any plans to update to Debian 12. Ah well, the search continues...

Yeah they don't have Debian 12, I think the latest Debian version is like 10.... So you are either stuck having to update yourself or use Ubuntu.

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited December 2023

@houmie said: Latvia

Although port is only 400mbps (but unmetered), take a look at Veesp. Highly recommended in Latvia and St. Petersburg.

Have a VPS with them with over 600-day uptime!

Thanked by 1houmie
  • Thank you, everyone. After further discussion, we concluded that we should drop Latvia and Israel, as we will be covering them through nearby countries. Additionally, Saudi Arabia appears to be a hopeless case, so we might opt for Oracle for that location. It is expensive, but it may be our only viable option.

Therefore, our primary focus should be on Turkey, Poland, and France.

In Poland, we have several strong candidates, but remoteadmin.store and skhron.com.ua seem to be the best options, as they offer great value with a Debian 12 template available. Hence, our approach for Poland is nearly finalised.

However, France and Turkey remain challenging, and both are key locations for us.