Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Christmas EPYC KVM DEAL for 8.90€ per month - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Christmas EPYC KVM DEAL for 8.90€ per month

Comments

• @berohost said:

@RDX said:
    This is really weird. I tried multiple browsers and with or without adblockers, the system keeps asking me to confirm AGB (T&C), which I already have and can't really place an order.

Everything works smoothly for us. I have forwarded the problem to our developers so that they can check it more closely.

Can you send me your customer number or e-mail address in Support or here as a private message?
    I would be happy to provide you with the server.

That's really weird. I finally got through with firefox, but no luck with safari or edge. But successfully ordered and thank you.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    Any storage offers?

Do you mean additional NVMe storage to the promotion server or HDD server promotions?

Idk

Imagime lowering RAM to 4 GB

Half the cores

And 3-4 TB Storage

I guess hard to do on NVMe

So probably HDD

Would be nice to have another provider that can compete with HostHatch & CrunchBits. There’s certainly a place for just a little more expensive price/TB without it being RAID6/60. ESPECIALLY if it can be done with EPYC’s

Thanked by 1seal
  • berohostberohost Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    Any storage offers?

Do you mean additional NVMe storage to the promotion server or HDD server promotions?

Idk

Half the cores

And 3-4 TB Storage

So probably HDD

We are planning HDD storage servers for March 2024 and will also post offers here on LET.

• They are using proxmox for there nodes :smile:

• This is not a support question but curious both for berohost and for the LET community, is there a good way to upload a disk image to the server and use that as the main drive? That would make migration of existing servers so much easier.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@berohost said:

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    Any storage offers?

Idk

Half the cores

And 3-4 TB Storage

So probably HDD

We are planning HDD storage servers for March 2024 and will also post offers here on LET.

My wishlist:

• HW RAID10 HDD
    • Modern CPUs, EPYC or Xeon dosen’t matter, just no 10 year old Xeon’s
    • Multiple cores by default
    • No bandwidth overages, just limit speed
    • Comparable to HostHatch/CrunchBits in price, a little higher is OK

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    Any storage offers?

Idk

Half the cores

And 3-4 TB Storage

So probably HDD

My wishlist:

• HW RAID10 HDD
    • Modern CPUs, EPYC or Xeon dosen’t matter, just no 10 year old Xeon’s
    • Multiple cores by default
    • No bandwidth overages, just limit speed
    • Comparable to HostHatch/CrunchBits in pricr, a little higher is OK

Thank you for your wish list and feedback.

The HDD servers in March 2024 are planned with ZFS (RAID 10) and NVMe caching.
    In our tests, we were able to achieve significantly better performance with this than with HW RAID 10.

We are currently using AMD EPYC 7443 processors. Next year, we are also planning to use newer AMD EPYC 9004 processors with DDR5 ECC RAM and PCIe 5 NVMe.
    If the traffic is exceeded, we will limit the server. No overtraffic is charged.

I think we will have some very good offers for the LET community next year as well.

• @berohost sounds amazing

By limiting the server, you mean fully or limit speed?

@wii747 said:
    They are using proxmox for there nodes :smile:

Yes, we use Proxmox on all servers. We are currently also evaluating alternatives such as OpenStack, as we want to offer additional SDN functions in the future and these are somewhat limited with Proxmox.

@emgh said:
    @berohost sounds amazing

We only limit the network bandwidth to 200 Mbit/s if the traffic has been exceeded. CPU or RAM performance is never limited. Blocking is also never carried out.

Thanked by 2emgh zxxx
  • @berohost said:

@emgh said:
    @berohost sounds amazing

We only limit the network bandwidth to 200 Mbit/s if the traffic has been exceeded. CPU or RAM performance is never limited. Blocking is also never carried out.

Nice! Has anything been decided re. pricing?

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    @berohost sounds amazing

Do you mean prices for the HDD storage servers?

@RDX said:
    This is not a support question but curious both for berohost and for the LET community, is there a good way to upload a disk image to the server and use that as the main drive? That would make migration of existing servers so much easier.

What kind of disk image do you have?

We can import various formats directly. However, this is only possible via Support.

Alternatively, you can clone the entire hard disk via Rescue System and dd.

• @berohost said:

@RDX said:
    This is not a support question but curious both for berohost and for the LET community, is there a good way to upload a disk image to the server and use that as the main drive? That would make migration of existing servers so much easier.

We can import various formats directly. However, this is only possible via Support.

Thank you. I can make an VHD/VHDX file and put it on a public link. it's 256G disk image so I am trying to find the easiest way. So I can just clone the disk into VHD and contact support? Thank you!

• @berohost said: We always assign test servers directly to customer accounts. Are you already registered? If so, simply send me your customer number or e-mail address. I will assign you a test server.

ID: 49149

• qbit15qbit15 Member
    edited December 2023

@berohost please check my support ticket

• @berohost can you add me a test server too please? 49150

Thanks

• @berohost said:

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    @berohost sounds amazing

Yes

@RDX said:

@berohost said:

@RDX said:

Thank you. I can make an VHD/VHDX file and put it on a public link. it's 256G disk image so I am trying to find the easiest way. So I can just clone the disk into VHD and contact support? Thank you!

Yes, we can usually import VHD files without any problems. Simply contact our support team as soon as you have created the VHD file.

• @berohost said:

@RDX said:

@berohost said:

@RDX said:

Yes, we can usually import VHD files without any problems. Simply contact our support team as soon as you have created the VHD file.

That would be great. Thank you I will contact you once I am ready to migrate.

@amarc said:

@berohost said: We always assign test servers directly to customer accounts. Are you already registered? If so, simply send me your customer number or e-mail address. I will assign you a test server.

ID: 49149

We have activated a test server for you for 72 hours.

@maxwell said:
    @berohost can you add me a test server too please? 49150

Thanks

We have activated a test server for you for 72 hours.

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    @berohost sounds amazing

Yes

Prices have not yet been set for the Storage HDD Server. As soon as the prices are ready, we will inform you via newsletter and social media.

Thanked by 2maverick emgh

@qbit15 said:
    @berohost please check my support ticket

We work through all tickets step by step. Please be patient a little longer. You will receive feedback as soon as possible.

• Is there a looking glass page found?

• @berohost said: We have activated a test server for you for 72 hours.

Thanks,

so this /64 is not routed right ?

• @remy said:
    Very satisfied customer so far.
    Let's hope the quality stays the same after posting here.
    No one is ready for LET :#

Where did they post before LET?

• @berohost said:

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:

@berohost said:

@emgh said:
    @berohost sounds amazing

Yes

Prices have not yet been set for the Storage HDD Server. As soon as the prices are ready, we will inform you via newsletter and social media.

Please allow some sort of block storage/attaching HDD space to existing servers. Really handy to have a single server with multiple uses!

• What's the speed after all BW is utilized?

• Hi @berohost

I have just signed up on your website, can you add a test server for me to check please.

Kindly check my ticket: 12904 on your website support section.