Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

user complaints to HostBrr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

user complaints to HostBrr

Hallo LeT,

I have a little problem with the service from HostBrr,
where is my problem on one of my websites Affected by DCMA ( my Site Google drive Sharer Script ),
HostBrr gives 12 hours to delete posts,

I have resolved this problem by using Proxsy from Cloudflare so that the HostBrr network IP is not visible, and my VPS status has been revived by them,

but after a few hours they canceled my VPS service at HostBrr again because the information was still subject to DCMA,

Because my VPS was down, I didn't use Proxsy from CF anymore, and I immediately changed the DNS Domain IP that had DCMA to an IP other than Netwrok HostBrr,

Unfortunately my solution was not accepted by HostBrr and canceled all my VPS there,
It's been 24 hours since all my websites were down on HostBrr, and unfortunately I don't have a website data backup to revive my site on another server.

For your information, I have 2 VPS there, and both have been canceled by them. They don't provide a solution to users, and strangely, DCMA VPS A works but VPS B also gets cancelled

Please HostBrr @labze ,
If indeed I can no longer use the VPS from HostBrr, at least give me time to access the VPS to take a backup of my website data there.
Please do not make decisions that are detrimental to other parties

This is very sad

Comments

• @JabJab said: So you didn't delete the DMCA content from server?

I implemented the Ignoro dcma proxy so that the BRR host IP was not detected,

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@horasjey said: I implemented the Ignoro dcma proxy so that the BRR host IP was not detected,

>

CloudFlare it's situated in SUA , ignore DMCA it's a SUA rule

• @Calin said: CloudFlare it's situated in SUA , ignore DMCA it's a SUA rule

yes, my plan is to create a dcma ignoro proxy to hide the Network hostBrr,

but they took action to cancel my service without receiving a solution from me,

This is very difficult because I lost a lot of my website data hosted there

• edited December 2023

Seriously... I mean, yeah, lots of bullshit claims seem to be thrown around in this regard lately but did you really plan to host problematic content on a random host in a western country and expected it to fly like it was nothing? Sorry, even if i regularly shake my head reading the specific threads, you should have done some actual research. Hosts willing and able to tank abuse don't grow on trees.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@horasjey said:

@Calin said: CloudFlare it's situated in SUA , ignore DMCA it's a SUA rule

yes, my plan is to create a dcma ignoro proxy to hide the Network hostBrr,

but they took action to cancel my service without receiving a solution from me,

This is very difficult because I lost a lot of my website data hosted there

You're an Idiot.

Cloudflare will still forward DMCA notices to hostbrr.

You've played yourself.

• @FatGrizzly said: You're an Idiot.

Cloudflare will still forward DMCA notices to hostbrr.

You've played yourself.

that was my mistake yesterday,
    and I want to create my own proxsy from DCMA's ignoro service

• @totally_not_banned said:
    Seriously... I mean, yeah, lots of bullshit claims seem to be thrown around in this regard lately but did you really plan to host problematic content on a random host in a western country and expected it to fly like it was nothing? Sorry, even if i regularly shake my head reading the specific threads, you should have done some actual research. Hosts willing and able to tank abuse don't grow on trees.

Yes, I don't mind if I'm banned there,
    but I just ask for time to backup my website data,
    I have already pointed the domain that is subject to DCMA to another IP or something other than HostBrr netwrok IP

• @horasjey said:

@totally_not_banned said:

I have already pointed the domain that is subject to DCMA to another IP or something other than HostBrr netwrok IP

If keep on going like that you'll have a collection of bans pretty soon. The combination of cluelessnes and entitlement...

Thanked by 1thane
  • @totally_not_banned said: If keep on going like that you'll have a collection of bans pretty soon. The combination of cluelessnes and entitlement...

Yes that's right,
    maybe I will delete the Google Drive Share script website,

but I need to backup data from other websites that are hosted on my 2 VPS,

• Violated their TOS. Instead of fixing it, tried to hide it. Got terminated. Good on Hostbrr for taking out the trash.

• This is very sad

Thanked by 1DeadlyChemist
  • @horasjey said:

@totally_not_banned said: If keep on going like that you'll have a collection of bans pretty soon. The combination of cluelessnes and entitlement...

Yes that's right,

Maybe you should have:

a) Taken the offending content offline until you figure out if cloudflare is an appropriate solution (as you found out the hard way, it's not)
    b) Kept important stuff separate from content that is prone to case problems.
    c) Done some research first.

Thanked by 3thane op23 mustafamw3

@horasjey said:

@totally_not_banned said: If keep on going like that you'll have a collection of bans pretty soon. The combination of cluelessnes and entitlement...

Yes that's right,

Maybe you should have:

a) Taken the offending content offline until you figure out if cloudflare is an appropriate solution (as you found out the hard way, it's not)

Don't forget backups, lolol

• @thane said:

@horasjey said:

Yes that's right,

Maybe you should have:

Don't forget backups, lolol

Well, i think there are some backups, just not overly useful ones.

Thanked by 1thane
  • Wow, when problem happened, i tried to cheat
    Then when someone do the right thing to save themselves, u complained

Also, it's dcma. U are hurting someone intellectual property, and the u hurt your hosting, and then u think u should not be repay by fire

Awesome, nvm the anyone may actually be affected by your act badly, so long as you live happily with your stuff

I'm wondering google drive didnt kills ur service also, or they will be

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2023

@horasjey said:

@JabJab said: So you didn't delete the DMCA content from server?

I implemented the Ignoro dcma proxy so that the BRR host IP was not detected,

So you didn't deleted that, didn't do the only thing you were most likely supposed to do.

You know the guys that submitted the DMCA have your IP already and they can just directly connect to that IP, ignore CF and check if shit still exists there? You know that labze can do the same? Because I don't believe you limited connections only to CF IPs, you would have done it in first place.

You fucked up, find another host.

Also Cloudflare as ignoro dcma? Jesus, do the research.

--

I've read more, did you really told your provider that you implemented proxy? Like "Sorry labze, I've put a proxy in front of my website, I will still host that DMCA content on your servers, but they gonna be hidden behind CloudFlare!". What the fuck do you expect provider to do if you have DMCA on your account and you straight up tell them you gonna host more of this shit on theirs network?

• @JabJab said: So you didn't deleted that, didn't do the only thing you were most likely supposed to do.

>

as I explained, I have deleted the website on hostbrr by deleting the hostbrr server IP on my DNS controller,

and now my domain is no longer resolved to the hostBrr server.

I just need a backup of my personal blog website on hostbrr where my personal website was previously hosted on my VPS which was on hostbrr with 2 VPS units,

1 VPS unit for Google Drive Share script website,

1 VPS unit for WordPress websites

The 2 VPS were canceled because 1 VPS unit was subject to DCMA

• Let it go and move on.

• What were you hosting anyway?

• edited December 2023

@horasjey said:

@JabJab said: So you didn't deleted that, didn't do the only thing you were most likely supposed to do.

>

as I explained, I have deleted the website on hostbrr by deleting the hostbrr server IP on my DNS controller,

and now my domain is no longer resolved to the hostBrr server.

To bad we can't place bets on if the webserver was shoddily configured to serve the website as default host and it's practically still online.

I just need a backup of my personal blog website on hostbrr where my personal website was previously hosted on my VPS which was on hostbrr with 2 VPS units,

1 VPS unit for Google Drive Share script website,

1 VPS unit for WordPress websites

The 2 VPS were canceled because 1 VPS unit was subject to DCMA

Well, so they made an error, but you know what? Even if that's not exactly ideal, they least tried to do the right thing, you know? I am pretty perplexed that after this stunt they'd even consider keeping you as a client at all.

Anyways, why are you telling this to a public forum and aren't working this out with hostbrr's support? Those are the only people who can do anything about it.

• wuckwuck Member
    edited December 2023

@Astro said:
    What were you hosting anyway?

Nothing worthy of a backup system by the look of it

Thanked by 1thane
  • if configured incorrectly (which you probably did) your webserver will still display the website even if you point your domain records elsewhere! and they can still view content via the IP you outplayed yourself twice! unbelievable...

and out of all providers you really wanna host your shit on hostbrr servers who uses hetzner, out of all services you went the hetzner route for a sharing website and wanted him to risk his entire business because of your actions after receiving the notice.. you should have stopped your webserver deleted the content backed up your stuff and thought of a real solution .. your signature tells me that you wasted those 10 years pretty much

• edited December 2023

@Croissant said:
    if configured incorrectly (which you probably did) your webserver will still display the website even if you point your domain records elsewhere! and they can still view content via the IP you outplayed yourself twice! unbelievable...

So you aren't betting against me then, i guess? ;)

Thing is: Even IF the webserver is configured to use a virtual host, they can still just add the domain/IP combination to their hosts file or simple force the host header on their requests. Deleting the IP from DNS doesn't necessarily do anything for somebody who already knows both.

• Good to know HostBrr take fast action to protect their brand... Kudos.

• it would be stupid to get around the DMCA by enabling proxies in CF. CF will send the DMCA complaints they receive to the IP listed on their dashboard. You should delete the DMCA content further or redirect it to a 404 page before you look for another solution by using VPS ignore DMCA. The provider has given you time to delete the content but you are trying to get around it.

Hostbrr as a provider will definitely take firm action against this problem because it will affect the entire VPS that shares resources with you. You should buy a VPS ignore DMCA first before running your website again.

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

broke law

tried to hide it

host said that was unacceptable and doesn’t want to do business with me anymore

Lol

• @horasjey said:

No doubt, you should be prohibited for life. You could be under arrest the moment you set foot in the US by that line of thinking.

@Croissant said:
    if configured incorrectly (which you probably did) your webserver will still display the website even if you point your domain records elsewhere! and they can still view content via the IP you outplayed yourself twice! unbelievable...

So you aren't betting against me then, i guess? ;)

Thing is: Even IF the webserver is configured to use a virtual host, they can still just add the domain/IP combination to their hosts file or simple force the host header on their requests. Deleting the IP from DNS doesn't necessarily do anything for somebody who already knows both.

No betting dude, you got it right😁
    the thing is at least this needs some effort not just plain copy paste the ip by anyone

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Authenticated Origin Pulls helps ensure requests to your origin server come from the Cloudflare network.
    The origin server will not answer requests from other clients.

Thanked by 1Daniel15