Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BF2023] Why Rent, When You Can OWN?! $50 DUAL E5 SERVERS + COLOCATION SALE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BF2023] Why Rent, When You Can OWN?! $50 DUAL E5 SERVERS + COLOCATION SALE!

Comments

• @jonbeard said:
    You can remove the hardware after 6 months of Colo. we do this just to keep down the sharks from coming, buying the whole lot, then turning around and selling them for profit on somewhere like eBay. We are pricing these at 1/4 of the going rate on eBay for this reason.

Honestly, the price is amazing and I'm glad you guys are helping to find "obsolete" hardware (I mean, look at what v2 Xeons cost new versus now...) new loving owners. I'm pretty sure most of us are not going to be using these as our primary systems, except for those who finally found a way out of paying for a slice of a bigger box just to get some random "fair share" CPU, a gig of RAM, and 10 gigs of disk here and there. So I suspect Jon and Ryan are going to be seeing a lot of interesting upgrades come in over the next few weeks!

The colo price is also quite reasonable without the great server price, considering it's a per-1U rate. Sure if you bought like 10 of them, the colo cost would be far less reasonable versus talking in fractional cabinets. But again, that's not going to be most of us on LET looking at this deal.

And if the experience is good, maybe I or others will end up doing normal-priced RTOs with them. I got burnt once by a LET RTO deal many years ago so I haven't bitten again on one until now. I'm hoping my gut's right that I made a good choice :D

Thanked by 1BreezeHost_Ryan
  • BreezeHost_RyanBreezeHost_Ryan Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2023

First stack of Black Friday servers being packed for shipping tomorrow yeeeehawwww. We still have a few left. Get them while you can! Price goes up after tomorrow!!!

https://my.breezehost.io/store/specials/black-friday-2023

Thanked by 3bdl lewellyn dedicados
  • I can take one but few months away from the project launch.
    Is it possible to just purchase the hardware for now even if it means paying extra ?

• BTW while you're getting the pallets unpacked, you should do an ASMR recording of taking the plastic wrap off. That's one of the most satisfying sounds IMO. :)

Thanked by 2dedicados chitree
  • got mine, no upgrades but the garanteed specs are nice.

• Kinda sad I missed this but it was a heck of a deal don't see enough RTO

• @dedicados said:
    got mine, no upgrades but the garanteed specs are nice.

Sweet I just checked my client area and looks like I need to keep please standing by. :) Glad you're happy with yours, since you're the first to post actually getting one yet I think! Bodes well for the rest of us!

@jackalblood said:
    Kinda sad I missed this but it was a heck of a deal don't see enough RTO

Yeah I'm hopeful this worked well enough for them that they repeat similar offers in the future. I'm anxiously watching my email and client area waiting to unwrap what I got. Of course, like everyone else who ordered, I'm hoping for an upgrade. :D But, regardless, it was indeed a good deal.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

Dallas orders should be activated. Charlotte should be completed tomorrow.

Thanked by 2dedicados lewellyn
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited December 2023

I don’t need it, I don’t need it… tempting, especially in Charlotte….

Never mind, realized the sale is over…

• looks quite interesting, are you willing to expand the sale?

• These look awesome! B)

• @lewellyn said:
    BTW while you're getting the pallets unpacked, you should do an ASMR recording of taking the plastic wrap off. That's one of the most satisfying sounds IMO. :)

I 2nd the ASMR recording

Hey guys - Just finished setting up all the Charlotte servers. Dallas was finished with deployment yesterday

At this time, all servers should be setup for all customers in both locations.

If anyone has not received their server, please notify support by creating a support ticket in the billing dashboard.

For everyone asking about leftovers:

The Black Friday sale is over since it’s not black Friday anymore but we still have some left. I have a couple racked in DFW available immediately. They are $100 each (one time for hardware) and $49 a month colocation. Use coupon code: GIMMEGIMME

https://my.breezehost.io/store/specials/hyve-zeus

Thanked by 1lewellyn
  • received the other mine on charlote with no upgrades xD but normal specs stills awesome!

do you support ipv6 ? in both locations?

• @dedicados said:
    received the other mine on charlote with no upgrades xD but normal specs stills awesome!

do you support ipv6 ? in both locations?

I've found no evidence of them supporting IPv6 (if you really need it, I'd suggest opening a ticket... they're fast at responding).

However, the HE VA tunnelbroker is only a few ms away. Via HE, Google is 30ms away. Acceptable for a tunnel for sure.

Just remember to echo "precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 100" >>/etc/gai.conf if you go that route so you prefer the faster IPv4. It doesn't affect anything inbound, or specified-IPv6, or IPv6-only traffic: it basically makes your outbound traffic prefer A records over AAAA records (gross oversimplification, but that's the practical effect). The tunnel isn't encrypted and it ends at the same machine (yours), so all you're generally gaining is latency by using it needlessly.

Happy 2024 everyone!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their new servers that took advantage of this offer.

Myself and @BreezeHost_Ryan were discussing if we thought the LET community would enjoy another round of these or not.

If there is enough interest, we will roll out another sale.

• deqideqi Member

I'd be interested

• I would be interested

• This seems to be a really awesome deal. Hope you'll do it again this year.

• @jonbeard said:
    Happy 2024 everyone!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their new servers that took advantage of this offer.

Myself and @BreezeHost_Ryan were discussing if we thought the LET community would enjoy another round of these or not.

If there is enough interest, we will roll out another sale.

I'm interested. Tag me whenever it goes live.

• I'm interested too :)
    Tell us also prices for more RAM, better cpu etc. :)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 10

@BilohBucks said:
    I'm interested too :)
    Tell us also prices for more RAM, better cpu etc. :)

This, 50 USD base price + customizing would be insanely nice. It doesen't matter if it's e-waste. What matters, is the idea that you own the server and the fun of planning changes and changing 2620v1 to 2640v1 or to something else and so on.

Paying 39 USD for colo for 6 months, is small price to pay in that sense if you allow monthly installments. Everyone loves DIY stuff.

• Look forward. Just miss the BF deals.

• Thanked by 2ehab lewellyn
  • lewellynlewellyn Member
    edited January 10

In honesty, I should have picked up two more as it is... Turns out my project I had in mind wants even more hardware. Yay trendyshits! :D (I am getting the impression that people are getting around the hardware if not at-scale with virtualization, but nested virt is never my friend tbh)

ETA: If you do another round, might be worth emailing those who picked up one or more last time: probably would find I'm not the only one thinking they could use more of a good thing!

edited January 10
  • Oof only Dallas? :/ That puts a bit of crimp in my ideas... Time to do some latency math! :)

• I guess I have to wait till the next Black Friday.

$50 One Time (hardware purchase fee) + $39/mo colocation. Due today: $89/mo. Every month after first payment, only $39/mo will be due!

Current discount code is: $49/mo colocation.

• @jonbeard said: NEW PROMO CODE: LETHYVE

Thanks for the good deal.

edited January 10

@lewellyn said:

Oof only Dallas? :/ That puts a bit of crimp in my ideas... Time to do some latency math! :)

Website corrected to add Charlotte now at $39

Thanked by 1lewellyn