Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BF2023] Why Rent, When You Can OWN?! $50 DUAL E5 SERVERS + COLOCATION SALE!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[BF2023] Why Rent, When You Can OWN?! $50 DUAL E5 SERVERS + COLOCATION SALE!

jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider
edited November 2023 in Offers

Ready to Own Your Own Hardware?
Stop throwing away money, renting other peoples hardware!

BreezeHost's CRAZIEST BLACK FRIDAY DEAL! OWN YOUR OWN HARDWARE! LIMITED SUPPLIES AVAILABLE.

$50 One Time (hardware purchase fee) + $39/mo colocation. Due today: $89/mo. Every month after first payment, only $39/mo will be due!

AVAILABLE IN DALLAS, TX AND CHARLOTTE, NC!

Model: Hyve Zeus 1u Server (with rails)

• Dual E5-2620v1
  • 32GB DDR3 RAM
  • 1TB SSD
  • 1 IPv4 (More available during checkout)
  • 1Gbps Port Speed with 5TB Bandwidth
  • IPMI and Control Panel included
  • DDoS Protection Available at $10/mo (CosmicGuard)

Purchase Now
USE COUPON CODE "LETBF23"

(Need to upgrade the hardware specs? See below for instructions)

Random Upgrades will be scattered throughout these as they sell, however the above are the minimum and guaranteed specs. We have a large lot of servers that must go. Instead of setting these all to the same specs, some will receive free upgrades. But the bare minimum is above specs.

Fine Print:

• Servers will be installed the first week of December 2023
  • Billing Renewal Dates will be reset to the activation day
  • Colocation must be maintained as active for 6 months to complete the ownership claim

Grab this awesome deal while it lasts: Purchase Now

USE COUPON CODE "LETBF23"

Need to upgrade the specs?
Purchase the server and create a ticket for shipping instructions. You can ship us equipment to upgrade it to whatever you want. Since you own the hardware, you are free to upgrade however you wish. There are 2 CPU slots, and you can use any E5-26xx v1/v2 CPU.

This is a good guide to show you the clock and cores for each V2 CPU available to be installed in this system: https://www.cpu-world.com/info/Intel/Intel_Xeon_E5-2600_v2.html

These can be cheaply acquired on eBay or similar sites.

=====================
About BreezeHost:

Who are we? https://my.breezehost.io/announcements/3/About-BreezeHost.html

Remote Hands Fees Information: https://my.breezehost.io/knowledgebase/5/Remote-Hands-Fee-Schedule.html

Dallas, TX Looking Glass
Charlotte, NC Looking Glass
We are AS400810: https://bgp.tools/as/400810

We are a licensed corporation under the state of Texas, TID# 32086489286. Our business address is:
1030 E US HIGHWAY 377 STE 110 C/O PMB 420 GRANBURY, TX 76048-1244

Information About our Dallas, TX Datacenter
Information About our Charlotte, NC Datacenter

Thanked by 4SinV Daniel15 deqi mrTom

Comments

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

@BreezeHost_Ryan Is also available to assist with any questions! Happy to help however we can!

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2023

This is interesting - a rent-to-own offer that's actually pretty decent. The hardware is very old but a $50 once-off fee for it is pretty reasonable given it looks like they're ~$100+ for lower spec models on eBay.

Would we need to pay for remote hands for the time it takes you to install upgrades?

Can we take the server home after the first year?

@Daniel15 said:
    This is interesting - a rent-to-own offer that's actually pretty decent. The hardware is very old but a $50 once-off fee for it is pretty reasonable given it looks like they're ~$100+ for lower spec models on eBay.

Would we need to pay for remote hands for the time it takes you to install upgrades?

Hey Daniel,

Forgot to put this in the original post. I’ll update this in just a few. Our remote hands fees start at $75/hr billed in 15 min increments. Generally our remote hands works like this: if we have to open up the server it constitutes for remote hands. Here’s the full breakdown of that: https://my.breezehost.io/knowledgebase/5/Remote-Hands-Fee-Schedule.html

You are also more than welcome to pick up the server or have us ship to another facility after the 6 months is up. The only reason we have 6 months in place is we don’t want someone to just scoop up all the hardware just to resell it or put it in a different facility.

Have a wonderful day!

Thanked by 3Daniel15 mustafamw3 bdl
  • BreezeHost_RyanBreezeHost_Ryan Member, Host Rep

@Daniel15 said:

Remote hands would apply for upgrades but at reasonable rates at $75/hr in 15-minute increments. Server can be de-racked and shipped out after 6 months of colocation.

Thanked by 2jonbeard Daniel15
  • shruubshruub Member
    edited November 2023

Woah, this is way too tempting.

edit: site's a little slow though

• Very tempting. Bookmarked for next year.

@shruub said:
    Woah, this is way too tempting.

edit: site's a little slow though

We use Cloudflare Pages, they’ve been having some issues last couple of weeks so I’m not surprised :/

Thanked by 1shruub
  • This is a pretty neat offer!

Thanked by 1jonbeard

@ruhnet said:
    This is a pretty neat offer!

Heck the rails are worth $39.00 alone! :D https://www.ebay.com/itm/132832017596

$50 is a steal! We are practically giving these away!

• Nice offer, already grab one! :)

Thanked by 2jonbeard xxsl
  • tomcbtomcb Member
    edited November 2023

Is it possible to mail the hard drive for installation? How many can be installed?

@tomcb said:
    Is it possible to mail the hard drive for installation? How many can be installed?

2.5” yes. Can likely fit two. It comes with a 1TB SSD if you want to just use that.

@imlonghao said:
    Nice offer, already grab one! :)

We look forward to serving you! :)

• @jonbeard how many drives can be shipped and added? 2.5 or 3.5?

Thanked by 1jonbeard

@verl20 said:
    @jonbeard how many drives can be shipped and added? 2.5 or 3.5?

You can fit two drives, 2.5” and we will take care of installing these for you. They can be shipped directly to the datacenter to reduce shipping costs.

• Godly, Why not lets go, @jonbeard I've sent you a PM

@samstec said:
    Godly, Why not lets go, @jonbeard I've sent you a PM

Responded! Thanks for your message.

The remaining units have been extended through the end of Cyber Monday tomorrow. Then the racking and stacking begins!

Thanked by 1lewellyn
  • Thanks, I couldn't resist getting two. (I even wanted to get more but I just couldn't justify it to myself, alas!)

To help me mull over what upgrades I may wish to do (not going to make any decisions till I've figured out what I've got since it was noted there's a variety of configurations going on), do these have the PCIe riser? It appears the Zeus has its own special riser if you want to use the single PCIe slot. :(

Also, signing up was a must when I saw your site has a headset hottie. Don't see enough of those anymore! As much as we all used to make fun of those stock images, they did add a bit of humanity that's been lost on the web since.

@lewellyn said:
    Thanks, I couldn't resist getting two. (I even wanted to get more but I just couldn't justify it to myself, alas!)

To help me mull over what upgrades I may wish to do (not going to make any decisions till I've figured out what I've got since it was noted there's a variety of configurations going on), do these have the PCIe riser? It appears the Zeus has its own special riser if you want to use the single PCIe slot. :(

Also, signing up was a must when I saw your site has a headset hottie. Don't see enough of those anymore! As much as we all used to make fun of those stock images, they did add a bit of humanity that's been lost on the web since.

Hey there - yes they have risers already in them.

I laughed at your headset hottie comment. We weighed out the options and came to the conclusion that myself and @BreezeHost_Ryan were far too ugly to put on the home page and didn’t want to scare prospecting customers away 😂🤣

We look forward to getting you up and online!

Thanked by 1lewellyn

Yes, they do have the Riser

@lewellyn said:

Thanked by 1lewellyn

Ok @jonbeard , if your going to just reply seconds before me on every post, your buying lunch tomorrow....

• edited November 2023

Nice offer! Actually one of the coolest i've seen so far. Now all i need to know is when you are going to relocate to europe...

@totally_not_banned said:
    Nice offer! Actually one of the coolest i've seen so far. Now all i need to know is when you are going to relocate to europe...

Give me a good deal on some colo out there and we can talk! :P

• @BreezeHost_Ryan said:

@lewellyn said:

I'll give you the opportunity to ask my next, harder, question :D

Do these servers support PCIe bifurcation? That seems to be the only thing missing from the various things I can find. They date from the era when it was really random if it was supported and like nothing listed it as a feature, even if it was

Otherwise, the only way I can find out is to send a bifurcated card down and see what happens when it's installed :/

@lewellyn said:

@BreezeHost_Ryan said:

@lewellyn said:

I'll give you the opportunity to ask my next, harder, question :D

Do these servers support PCIe bifurcation? That seems to be the only thing missing from the various things I can find. They date from the era when it was really random if it was supported and like nothing listed it as a feature, even if it was

Otherwise, the only way I can find out is to send a bifurcated card down and see what happens when it's installed :/

I am not 100% sure on this. These are supermicro brand motherboards. What I will do is get you the model number of the motherboard. Give me a few and I will have this for you.

@lewellyn Supermicro X9DRD-LF-TW008 - Hope this helps my friend.

Thanked by 1lewellyn
  • Heh well it helps me find a thread I had already found while trying to figure out the likelihood. It happened to be about the X9 series and how Supermicro only officially supported bifurcation on a couple of models, other models had it but was undocumented, and some others did not. (X10, of course, had bifurcation as a standard feature.)

A disheartening quote from that thread:

playing with the bios in these boards for bifurication is probably the most frustrating experience I have ever had with supermicro.

The summary is that the C606 chipset boards seem to be most likely to support it, and Supermicro doesn't seem to list whether that one is C602 or C606.

If I can find the latest firmware, I can potentially tease it out of there. But it might just not be worth the hassle to try to get two or more more modern cards into a machine that old.

The obvious use-case, of course, would be 2 or 4 NVMe on a dumb PCIe carrier (4 TB decent quality NVMe are getting affordable!). But there are a great many of other combinations available now too. I found one out there that supports A/E-key M.2 (presumably it includes its own USB chip in addition) along with three M-key M.2. That lets you add three SSDs to a box and GPS for timekeeping. For some sort of orchestration host, that could be interesting.

As for me, I dunno exactly what I have planned yet. I'll probably end up being boring, as usual, but it's worth thinking about the options until they're racked! :D

Thanks for the speedy reply, though I had hoped @BreezeHost_Ryan was going to get a chance to be first this time.

• Are the servers already installed in the rack? First payment is 89 and then 5 months at $39 per stake so that it becomes my property? 5TB of traffic in 2023 then? Do you accept payment in cryptocurrency?

edited November 2023

@ourvds said:
    Are the servers already installed in the rack? First payment is 89 and then 5 months at $39 per stake so that it becomes my property? 5TB of traffic in 2023 then? Do you accept payment in cryptocurrency?

Servers will be racked first week of December as notated in post and on the website during checkout.

You can remove the hardware after 6 months of Colo. we do this just to keep down the sharks from coming, buying the whole lot, then turning around and selling them for profit on somewhere like eBay. We are pricing these at 1/4 of the going rate on eBay for this reason.

5TB of bandwidth monthly, resets each month. This can be upgraded during checkout.

We do accept crypto via BitPay.

Thanked by 1dedicados