Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME - Page 322
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

-- B L A C K F R I D A Y -- by LETs #1 TOP PROVIDER RackNerd! - HUNDREDS OF GIVEAWAYS! COME GET SOME

Comments

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Transaction #: 20231124040603997464
    Invoice ID:#8837897
    Thanks!

• WE CAN DO IT, WITH THE HELP OF RACKNERD CHEF!

• Guys, do not give up yet! Comment to take it to 10K. We are roughly 400 comments short of the goal.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

I just want to address some of the feedback here with regards to further optimizing WHMCS, database, load balancing, etc - this is a subject I've personally dived deep into along with some of our best systems administrators. In short, it's easier said than done with WHMCS, but that's a detailed topic for another day :) Another person mentioned leveraging Redis, caching etc earlier, that is not supported by WHMCS: https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/whmcs-to-use-caching

We have literally been told by their support on numerous occasions when we suggested better ways to go about things and how to better optimize queries within their encrypted code, to simply throw more resources at it (and I have actual screenshots if anyone is interested). Which is exactly what we have done, in addition with developing our own methods of working around their flaws.

Overtime we have developed our own ways to work around WHMCS' flaws and learned its ins and outs very well - for example, a way to spread out provisioning in the event of too many orders at once, custom hooks, etc. Overall, our set up is pretty decent and prepared to handle a very large amount of traffic. It certainly has no issues on a daily operational basis. With flash sales though where demand is through the roof, I think whether with us or not, as long as the deals are insane, some slowdown is expected to occur especially with several thousands of visitors trying at once. Just imagine the amount of php and mysql processes going on in the backend for every visitor - this is not a simple HTML page. And with multiple people ordering/paying at once, many queries are being handled at once both at the php and mysql level.

This goes beyond client-impacting optimizations we have in place as well - we've learned a lot of WHMCS' flaws overtime and implemented staff side enhancements too. Another example, we have some very large affiliates, and on the backend side - the affiliate overview page takes extremely long to load with the way they have coded the MySQL queries within the php page to pull every detail (WHMCS support again literally told us there's nothing they can do about it). We've developed ways to work around that internally for staff too.

In short, we love you all! And we do our best, lets continue hammering resources, its a good fight to fight <3

• MOAR FLASH SALEZ!!!

• :D flash sale Out of Stock

• @noob404 said:

@DrLowEndTalk said:

@dustinc said:

@aryanraj said:
    this is bad, waste of time, even the racknerd itself can't handle the traffic, what can be expected. i think we are giving too much attention and begging the owner to bring a tiny amount of deals who know if it is 5-10 quantity. if they can't offer it to all for a specific amount of time? creating this type of hype to win rewards or what are waste of time. i am rethinking if i should just cancel my purchased vps. this is total waste of time commending and begging to bring the deals. we have important things to do and here i am sitting for last 2 hours refreshing to purchase a single vps.

@aryanraj -- Apologies for the added wait times, and load times, though this is to be expected with our flash sales as the demand is high, and usually word of mouth is naturally spread throughout multiple channels. Our site does indeed experience high load during these times, as well as ticket / support load - though despite all of this, our team manages the work flow and ensures our customers are happy. I do understand where you're coming from in terms of wanting immediate access to all deals, without the hype, and wait times. Our Chef comes out once a year, and isn't seen until the next year. And even then, it isn't guaranteed to happen :)

If you've found a VPS, and secured a deal (like you have) it may be best to settle on what you've purchased, without adding the additional stress on yourself. We know the pressure can be high during these times.

The chef must come back next year.

I concur. Let's take it to 10K ASAP to show the chef and dustinc how much we need them!

Total messages: 9,634
    Pages: 322

We got this!

edited November 2023

LETS SPREAD THE NEWS! COPY/PASTE THE BELOW!

#MOREEE FLASH SALES TOO! LETS FREAKING GOOOO!!!!

• MORE FLASH DEALS TO SEE

Order Number: 7021910902
    Invoice ID: #8839517
    Thanks!

MOREEE FLASH SALES TOO! LETS FREAKING GOOOO!!!!

• XrmaddnessXrmaddness Member
    edited November 2023

Was too quick to the draw, I guess ;)

• MOREEE FLASH SALES TOO! LETS FREAKING GOOOO!!!!

Transaction #: 20231124040556245186
    Invoice ID:#8837708
    Thanks!

• more more

• @dustinc said:
    LETS SPREAD THE NEWS! COPY/PASTE THE BELOW!

#MOREEE FLASH SALES TOO! LETS FREAKING GOOOO!!!!

we love you, dustinc!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• @dustinc said:
    I just want to address some of the feedback here with regards to further optimizing WHMCS, database, load balancing, etc - this is a subject I've personally dived deep into along with some of our best systems administrators. In short, it's easier said than done with WHMCS, but that's a detailed topic for another day :) Another person mentioned leveraging Redis, caching etc earlier, that is not supported by WHMCS: https://requests.whmcs.com/idea/whmcs-to-use-caching

We have literally been told by their support on numerous occasions when we suggested better ways to go about things and how to better optimize queries within their encrypted code, to simply throw more resources at it (and I have actual screenshots if anyone is interested). Which is exactly what we have done, in addition with developing our own methods of working around their flaws.

Overtime we have developed our own ways to work around WHMCS' flaws and learned its ins and outs very well - for example, a way to spread out provisioning in the event of too many orders at once, custom hooks, etc. Overall, our set up is pretty decent and prepared to handle a very large amount of traffic. It certainly has no issues on a daily operational basis. With flash sales though where demand is through the roof, I think whether with us or not, as long as the deals are insane, some slowdown is expected to occur especially with several thousands of visitors trying at once. Just imagine the amount of php and mysql processes going on in the backend for every visitor - this is not a simple HTML page. And with multiple people ordering/paying at once, many queries are being handled at once both at the php and mysql level.

This goes beyond client-impacting optimizations we have in place as well - we've learned a lot of WHMCS' flaws overtime and implemented staff side enhancements too. Another example, we have some very large affiliates, and on the backend side - the affiliate overview page takes extremely long to load with the way they have coded the MySQL queries within the php page to pull every detail (WHMCS support again literally told us there's nothing they can do about it). We've developed ways to work around that internally for staff too.

In short, we love you all! And we do our best, lets continue hammering resources, its a good fight to fight <3

I confess I was the one suggesting using Redis, and Memcached without knowing WHMCS is an old piece of software that doesn't let us do that. Well, I am thinking about why exactly I suggested that.