Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IncogNET's Pre-BF thread! 50% off 5Gbps Epyc KVM servers, some 2X BW, 2X disk, giveaways, and more! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET's Pre-BF thread! 50% off 5Gbps Epyc KVM servers, some 2X BW, 2X disk, giveaways, and more!

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@MannDude said:
    Domain drawing tomorrow. Will continue to draw a new winner every Friday for a while.

May have another surprise soon, too. We'll see. :)

If you say new VPS offering in KC....I'm probably going to have to buy another something.

Not yet. KC has been a bit underwhelming so far. Been sitting mostly idle while I wait (now impatiently) for others to do their part. Was told earlier in the week that Thursday or Friday our Cogent port would be going live, yet here we are on a Saturday and still nothing. Still no KCIX access, of which I'm confused about since we were given access details but it's not activated on their end. I'm pretty much hands off on all of the KC stuff, so I'm just repeating what I'm being told. KCIX is all 'volunteer' work, which is fine, but I'd be happy to pay to expedite things but that doesn't appear to be an option that has been presented.

So far KC has just been a huge embarrassment for us while all of our other locations perform great and as expected. Got maybe a dozen blade customers there now despite having a lot more blades racked and idle, just not going to sell anything there until things improve.

TL;DR: IDK when VPSes will be available in KC.

New domain drawing tonight (Friday).

• This thread is surprisingly quiet.

@MannDude said: We’ll be giving away new domain name purchases to LowEndTalk members who respond to this thread with a response of their choice. Share a meme. Share a GIF. Share some music. Share a pointless bump.

One year of registration, correct?

• @MannDude said: New domain drawing tonight (Friday).

Thanks bb :heart:

• How to choose an operating system?

@Turbo_Pascal said:
    This thread is surprisingly quiet.

@MannDude said: We’ll be giving away new domain name purchases to LowEndTalk members who respond to this thread with a response of their choice. Share a meme. Share a GIF. Share some music. Share a pointless bump.

One year of registration, correct?

Yep, first year only.

• @MannDude said: Yep, first year only.

one year longer than most use cases I have for domains :sunglasses:

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless bump!

@dev_vps won the drawing yesterday. Been a tad under the weather and didn't draw until just now.

Still doing these every Friday. :)

• @MannDude said:
    @dev_vps won the drawing yesterday. Been a tad under the weather and didn't draw until just now.

Still doing these every Friday. :)

Thanks so much @MannDude
    Greatly appreciated

Thanked by 2MannDude BruhGamer12
  • Just wondering @MannDude, does the double bandwidth/storage get allocated automatically, or is some manual intervention required?

@azgard said:
    Just wondering @MannDude, does the double bandwidth/storage get allocated automatically, or is some manual intervention required?

Requires request via ticket.

Thanked by 1azgard
  • @MannDude said: Been a tad under the weather

Feel better soon!

• Is port 25 blocked? and if no, then do you have soft/hard limits?

• They write that mail ports will be blocked if spamming is detected. This means that they are not blocked initially.

• shruubshruub Member
    edited November 2023

me participating for the giveaway again to perhaps actually get my domain shinanigans

• louiejordanlouiejordan Member
    edited November 2023

I heard that your datacenter in Netherlands is Ignore the DMCA.
    I want to know whether it‘s true or not.

• @louiejordan said:

https://incognet.io/legalstuff
    (Search the page with ctrl+f to locate a section of interest. (ex: ctrl+f dmca))

but no, they don't anymore. The meth'erlands have changed their legal landscape a bit in the last few years.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @shruub said: but no, they don't anymore. The meth'erlands have changed their legal landscape a bit in the last few years.

Sad but true.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Will IncogVPN include port forwarding as an option?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • how to get double bandwidth? need to open a ticket?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Bump™

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Nice

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @Andrii said:
    Will IncogVPN include port forwarding as an option?

"Advanced Features & Options
    If you want to do more than just browse the internet privately, we offer several options to connect multiple devices over a private VLAN, set up port forwarding, or provide an unshared/dedicated IP address upon your request. We also support IPv6 by default!"

Yes.

Thanked by 1MannDude
    edited November 2023

@louiejordan said:

I mean, there is a difference (to us) between "We sometimes get DMCA requests, but handle them if need be." and, "I'm lazy, all my website's content is ripped from other creators and I profit off the work of other people."

But yeah, the Netherlands isn't great for DMCA.

@Andrii said:

Yes, but at an added cost. Not going to let people ruin a good thing for pennies. It'll be priced at a rate that legitimate use cases for it will still use it, and all the cheap skids will just buy some Romanian VPS or something instead. It's a huge abuse vector but does have legitimate uses as well, so trying to find some balance between pricing things that it doesn't attract customers we don't want while still being affordable for those we do. (Same with our VPS plans)

@wenlong said:
    how to get double bandwidth? need to open a ticket?

Yep. :)

@Don_Keedic said:

@Andrii said:

If you want to do more than just browse the internet privately, we offer several options to connect multiple devices over a private VLAN, set up port forwarding, or provide an unshared/dedicated IP address upon your request. We also support IPv6 by default!"

Yes.

Congrats, you won a free domain. Hit me up via PM or open a ticket since I believe you're a current customer (based on comments/recommendations you've made in the past).

I don't think any of the previous drawings were actually done on Friday like they should have been, but that's on me. Doesn't change the outcome in anyway, however.

• Is there going to be a post-BF or CM thread or is this all the deals that will be happening for incognet?

@blahaj_owner said:
    Is there going to be a post-BF or CM thread or is this all the deals that will be happening for incognet?

This is it for LET.

I'll publish some deals on our website for CM but they won't be this good. (May just do flat 50% off)

Thanked by 2user123 NHNHNH000
  • wonders about a VPN giveaway

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

@louiejordan said:

I mean, there is a difference (to us) between "We sometimes get DMCA requests, but handle them if need be." and, "I'm lazy, all my website's content is ripped from other creators and I profit off the work of other people."

But yeah, the Netherlands isn't great for DMCA.

@Andrii said:

Yes, but at an added cost. Not going to let people ruin a good thing for pennies. It'll be priced at a rate that legitimate use cases for it will still use it, and all the cheap skids will just buy some Romanian VPS or something instead. It's a huge abuse vector but does have legitimate uses as well, so trying to find some balance between pricing things that it doesn't attract customers we don't want while still being affordable for those we do. (Same with our VPS plans)

@wenlong said:
    how to get double bandwidth? need to open a ticket?

Yep. :)

@Don_Keedic said:

@Andrii said:

Yes.

Congrats, you won a free domain. Hit me up via PM or open a ticket since I believe you're a current customer (based on comments/recommendations you've made in the past).

I don't think any of the previous drawings were actually done on Friday like they should have been, but that's on me. Doesn't change the outcome in anyway, however.

Thank you so much!!! I'll be get a ticket in your way tonight or tomorrow!

Hope you're feeling better man!

Thanked by 1MannDude

@user123 said:
    wonders about a VPN giveaway

Will try to get some more work on things today. Lately just been trying to tune the DNS blocklists to degree, but my use case is limited. May do another short lived beta period for those with Smart TVs, who game, have smart devices, etc to see if the existing blocklists break stuff. I don't game, have zero smart devices in my home, haven't turned a TV on in probably 4 years, etc... So, I can't really say how well it works for anything other than what I do daily.

Thanked by 1user123