Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IncogNET's Pre-BF thread! 50% off 5Gbps Epyc KVM servers, some 2X BW, 2X disk, giveaways, and more! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET's Pre-BF thread! 50% off 5Gbps Epyc KVM servers, some 2X BW, 2X disk, giveaways, and more!

Comments

• Incognet, where we occasionally forget the dates! might check the cheapo one out, 25$/yr seems pretty reasonable

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Catching up on upgrade requests now!

Who wants a $20 Amazon gift card?

I'll pick a winner after 8PM EST tomorrow. Tell me something interesting related to any subject to enter to win! (One entry per user, no new registration, accounts must be older than 3 months old to win! I'll choose someone at random!)

• BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited November 2023

As math lore has it the Greek guy who proved that there were irrational numbers, which can be derived in part from the Pythagorean theorem, was executed. From Wikipedia - "Some writers have Hippasus making his discovery while on board a ship, as a result of which his Pythagorean shipmates toss him overboard". As the sqrt of 2 can not be represented by any combination of natural numbers it must be made of unnatural numbers and evil goes the reasoning! Probably dramatized heavily if even remotely true lol.

Hope math is interesting enough lmao,

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

Answer to the ultimate question on life, the universe and everything.

But anyone who isn't with Incognet already - dude's awesome, service has been great and I'm absolutely going to end up picking up another server from him.

Thanked by 2MannDude sillycat
  • @MannDude said:
    Tell me something interesting related to any subject to enter to win!

Lego is one the largest tyre manufacturers in the world, by volume.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @tjn said:

@MannDude said:
    Tell me something interesting related to any subject to enter to win!

Lego is one the largest tyre manufacturers in the world, by volume.

How large are these tires? ;)

• @Xrmaddness said:
    How large are these tires? ;)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • KrisKris Member
    edited November 2023

You can remove around 50-75% of contaminants from your car using a clay bar. Your finish should be glass smooth, but if you live in a state like I do and park outside, it probably isn't.

Your clear-coat collects contaminants from the road while driving, even oxidization and things like tar, asphalt, and acid rain depending on where you live.

Washing with a normal car wash doesn't remove these, and they build up and eventually cause your vehicle's surface and hood to absorb the rain and water will 'sheet'

You want to wash your car, then once finished, suds it back up to create a constant lubricity layer. Then use a clay-bar. Make it into a paddy, do not apply much pressure, and make sure you're always using it on a spot with lubrication.

Once finished with the clay bar treatment, wash it again. Finally apply something like CERAKOTE Ceramic sealant or your preferred sealant or protection for 4-6 months of beading, even outdoors.

The clay-bar will essentially exfoliate your car's finish, and ideally should, but doesn't need to be mildly polished after. Once you apply a sealant like CERAKOTE, you'll not only have massive beading on your car, but the drops will fall off easier.

Silver car hadn't been topped up for 2 months and was still beading like that. Flew off when I drove off, no sticking beads, it really gives a teflon like protection barrier.

This will give you 4-6 months of protection against the elements, be it winter, road salt, and upon every rain your car will basically wash itself.

Just add a clay-bar treatment every 4-6 months to you wash, and your finish will be awesome for years to come if you add some wax or sealant. Don't bother buying 'detailer spray' to use a clay-bar, it's a waste of money and the same can be accomplished by soaping up your car. Wash it again after the clay-bar, add some protection and you'll be good for 4-6 months.

Interesting? Possibly, but I do love detailing, and it's not a bad side-gig either :D

EDIT: I recommended CERAKOTE because it's the best product I've used recently. Before this, it was Turtle Wax 'Hybrid Solutions' Ceramic Spray, as proven by Project Farm, but that gives me very large drops that last for a while. CERAKOTE gave me very small beads that seem to bunch together and bead right off the car. If you don't use something ceramic based or graphene based (don't spend too much) you'll get maybe 1-2 months max.

Thanked by 3MannDude angstrom 0xC7
  • Did you know if you press dot (.) button on any GitHub repo, it brings up an online VSCode editor and you can write code right away?

https://docs.github.com/en/codespaces/the-githubdev-web-based-editor

• Any plan for future UK VPS?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@mdk187 said:
    Any plan for future UK VPS?

Not at this time.

Thanked by 1mdk187
  • JonesJones Member
    edited November 2023

@MannDude said:
    Does Kansas have any slices? I have some interest in CosmicGuard protection

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • The first computer programmer in the world was Ada Lovelace, an English mathematician and writer. She is credited with writing the world's first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. In the mid-1800s, Lovelace worked with Charles Babbage, an inventor who designed the Analytical Engine, an early mechanical general-purpose computer. Lovelace's notes on the Analytical Engine include an algorithm for calculating Bernoulli numbers, making her the first person to recognize that a machine could manipulate symbols beyond mathematical calculations, laying the foundation for modern computer programming. As a result, Ada Lovelace is often regarded as the world's first computer programmer, and her contributions to the field of technology continue to be celebrated today.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • :D

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • 50$\y :D is this WHT?! And for 512MB RAM...

• @MannDude said:

I'll pick a winner after 8PM EST tomorrow. Tell me something interesting related to any subject to enter to win! (One entry per user, no new registration, accounts must be older than 3 months old to win! I'll choose someone at random!)

In South Africa, our tax authority is simply an agency tasked with the collection of taxes and has absolutely no say or influence over how the tax they collect is actually spent. So while many people blame the tax authority for the major corruption in South Africa, it's misdirected and blame should rather be directed towards the democratically corrupt politicians. Many people misunderstand this, and I believe that if more people did, we would be much better off as a nation.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

Dead skin cells are a main ingredient in household dust

Here’s an interesting science fact for ya: According to researchers at Imperial College London, humans shed around 200 million skin cells each hour—and they have to go somewhere when we’re indoors. If the idea of skin dust isn’t sitting well with you, you should know that a report from the American Chemical Society found that a skin oil called squalene naturally helps reduce indoor ozone levels by up to 15 percent.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@MannDude said: Catching up on upgrade requests now!

Many people hate LED lighting compared to traditional light sources like halogen. What most people does not understand is that there are vast differences in how LED lighting represents colors depending on the emitter specs, with some high CRI LEDs providing great and very efficient light compared to common low quality LEDs.

It is very important to choose high CRI LEDs, the difference is big compared to low CRI ones! R9 is also an important parameter to consider, but we will leave that for the next time.

Thanked by 2MannDude 0xC7
  • The tallest man ever recorded was American giant Robert Wadlow (1918–1940), who stood 8 feet 11 inches. Wadlow's size was the result of an abnormally enlarged pituitary gland.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/book/2019/11/tales-of-the-tallest-men-in-the-world-and-why-they-reach-such-heights-600606

Thanked by 2MannDude harrison
  • @sh97 said:
    The tallest man ever recorded was American giant Robert Wadlow (1918–1940), who stood 8 feet 11 inches. Wadlow's size was the result of an abnormally enlarged pituitary gland.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/book/2019/11/tales-of-the-tallest-men-in-the-world-and-why-they-reach-such-heights-600606

Could you elaborate more on a pituitary gland? A lot more. Like 500 words.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @sh97 said:
    The tallest man ever recorded was American giant Robert Wadlow (1918–1940), who stood 8 feet 11 inches. Wadlow's size was the result of an abnormally enlarged pituitary gland.

His pituatary gland was as large as the world's smallest person!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

Sudan has more pyramids than any country in the world. Not only does Sudan have more pyramids than Egypt, but the numbers aren’t even close. While 138 pyramids have been discovered in Egypt, Sudan boasts around 255.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

The Appalachian Trail is a 2,190+ mile long public footpath that traverses the scenic, wooded, pastoral, wild, and culturally resonant lands of the Appalachian Mountains. Conceived in 1921, built by private citizens, and completed in 1937, today the trail is managed by the National Park Service, US Forest Service, Appalachian Trail Conservancy, numerous state agencies and thousands of volunteers.

Thanked by 2MannDude fitkoh
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Even Billy Joel is excited.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

Did you know that in Portugal we had actually two similar names to washing products, Calgon and Calgonit?

Where anywhere else in the world Calgonit is called Finish, here in Portugal we had Calgon (as the water softener) and then we had Calgonit (as the detergent for dishwashers), leading to a very messy situation where people didn't know what to buy for laundry machines... and sometimes bought Calgonit instead of Calgon or the other way around! And even applied it on the machines thinking they were doing the right thing...

That only got sorted out some years ago, after literally decades branding that way, when Calgonit changed to Finish, putting an end to all this mess.

PS - I know I still don't have the 3 months, but I decided to go yolo on this one. :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @yoursunny said:
    512MB plan back to $25.
    Pubic tracker no longer permitted.
    Naked push-ups still allowed.

We may not agree with you or want to sit down and have lunch with you or share a beer with you, but if you have something to say that's protected legal speech in the United States then you've got a home with us.

Would there be a custom product "have lunch with @MannDude "?
    Or it could be a raffle prize?

$7 for custom product "Netflix 'n chill with @MannDude"

Thanked by 2MannDude yoursunny
  • @MannDude said:

I'm so lonely.

You did say "related to any subject" but didn't specify that it had to be interesting to you. Good thing it's of interest to all the hot single ladiez on LET.

Thanked by 2MannDude BBTN
  • Invoice #139241

Double?

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

Feline species can either purr or roar, but not both. Cheetahs only have the ability to purr, which is super adorable. Also cheetahs are very skittish, and when they are in captivity they often have a companion dog to reassure them. They look to the dog for social cues about what to be afraid of or not.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

Oman is the only country that starts with O, despite what chatGPT says when you ask it for "8 countries that start with the letter O"

Don't want a gift card as I don't use amazon, just wanted to share something.