Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IncogNET's Pre-BF thread! 50% off 5Gbps Epyc KVM servers, some 2X BW, 2X disk, giveaways, and more! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET's Pre-BF thread! 50% off 5Gbps Epyc KVM servers, some 2X BW, 2X disk, giveaways, and more!

Comments

• @MannDude said:
    Catching up on upgrade requests now!

Who wants a $20 Amazon gift card?

I'll pick a winner after 8PM EST tomorrow. Tell me something interesting related to any subject to enter to win! (One entry per user, no new registration, accounts must be older than 3 months old to win! I'll choose someone at random!)

The intestine of a large sperm whale can be over 650 meters long. That is around 93 times the length of a human intestine. I wonder how many kebabs would fit in there?

• Black panthers have rosettes, although they may not be easily visible.

• A strawberry is not a berry, but a banana is.

• Oh, yeah

• Great offers!

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@MMzF said:
    The first computer programmer in the world was Ada Lovelace, an English mathematician and writer. She is credited with writing the world's first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. In the mid-1800s, Lovelace worked with Charles Babbage, an inventor who designed the Analytical Engine, an early mechanical general-purpose computer. Lovelace's notes on the Analytical Engine include an algorithm for calculating Bernoulli numbers, making her the first person to recognize that a machine could manipulate symbols beyond mathematical calculations, laying the foundation for modern computer programming. As a result, Ada Lovelace is often regarded as the world's first computer programmer, and her contributions to the field of technology continue to be celebrated today.

You won a $20 Amazon gift card. :)

PM in bound.

• @MannDude said:

@MMzF said:

PM in bound.

Congratulations, @MMzF!

• @MannDude said:

@MMzF said:
    The first computer programmer in the world was Ada Lovelace, an English mathematician and writer. She is credited with writing the world's first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine. In the mid-1800s, Lovelace worked with Charles Babbage, an inventor who designed the Analytical Engine, an early mechanical general-purpose computer. Lovelace's notes on the Analytical Engine include an algorithm for calculating Bernoulli numbers, making her the first person to recognize that a machine could manipulate symbols beyond mathematical calculations, laying the foundation for modern computer programming. As a result, Ada Lovelace is often regarded as the world's first computer programmer, and her contributions to the field of technology continue to be celebrated today.

PM in bound.

Thank you!!

@Xrmaddness said:

@MannDude said:

@MMzF said:

PM in bound.

Congratulations, @MMzF!

Thanks!!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@MannDude said:
    Catching up on upgrade requests now!

Who wants a $20 Amazon gift card?

I'll pick a winner after 8PM EST tomorrow. Tell me something interesting related to any subject to enter to win! (One entry per user, no new registration, accounts must be older than 3 months old to win! I'll choose someone at random!)

disclaimer
    this is just my opinion, not a trading advice.

According to a report from a investment platform *****, 80% of its users lost money over a 12-month period. The vast majority of traders end up losing money over time, with some estimates suggesting that the number of people that lose money is as high as 95% .

Day trading is an extremely difficult pursuit, and inexperienced traders can quickly get in over their heads. Even those who are highly skilled often lose significant sums. The goal of trading is deceptively simple: buy low and sell high. Traders that manage to do that by correctly timing the markets will net a profit. However, predicting an asset’s price movements is about more than just your gut instinct. Most traders use complex technical indicators to make their predictions, such as by noting changes in a moving average.

In short, day trading is a dangerous game, and it’s essential to understand the risks involved before investing your money. It’s important to note that even if you have a profitable trading strategy, you can still lose money if you don’t have the necessary skills and experience to execute it effectively.

Lesson that most folks ignore -- last three lines

Even if you have a profitable trading strategy, you can still lose money if you don’t have the necessary skills and experience to execute it effectively

so a profitable trading strategy would work for one trader while 9 other traders will lose money with same trading strategy.

-- I trade futures (in my IRA account)

Thanked by 1MannDude

What should the next giveaway be?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MannDude said:

Double RAM for a random order.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@MannDude said:

"Giveaway to Don_Keedic" sounds like a real winner to me. I'll take the burnt match option in your KC DC.

But really...maybe a low end VPS for X time (or mid-range at 1/2 or 1/3 of the duration)+domain package giveaway? or maybe a "pick 2" low end vps from any of your locations for X time.

Thanked by 1MannDude

@Don_Keedic said:

@MannDude said:

But really...maybe a low end VPS for X time (or mid-range at 1/2 or 1/3 of the duration)+domain package giveaway? or maybe a "pick 2" low end vps from any of your locations for X time.

Perhaps...

• I just got a domain from you guys! Hopefully you release the VPN and Mail services soon! They both look great(I would love to be a beta tester if that's ever needed)!

• Hey @MannDude

Your looking glasses are behind Cloudflare, messing up the download links (and mtr if you mtr to the domain).

• Invoice 140958 double? Allentown location

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Pointless Lump

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

@NewbieInTraining said:
    Hope there will be some IncogVPN BF Deals

There will be!

@Fireboy said:
    How can I get the double BW/storage after purchase ?

Just open a ticket. I've been out most of the day so catching up on current requests now.

@Stiffsson said:
    Thanks for the BF deals! Looks really good for me :)
    (One thing I noticed, I can't sign in to vps control panel with email and pw but using a button at the client area to it works. Is it a bug?)

Usually the password will sync between WHMCS and Virtualizor. These are two different softwares with two different password requirements, so sometimes the sync doesn't work. You can still use the Single Sign On from your client area under the product / service page to access the VPS control panel. Once there, you can manually set the password to whatever you want.

@Kris said:
    Awesome deal on those plans in Allentown. Great to see a provider offer something that's not the same old DCs in NJ at good pricing.

Yep, a good location too for failover from Ashburn or New York as well, since we're 7ms~ from either location. I like using under-served locations where able.

Little birdy told me @crunchbits will have their Allentown stuff available soon too. :) (This is Crunchbits' new location, I just pestered them to let me launch first, ha)

Thanks, opened a ticket 4-5 days ago but still no answer, Ticket ID: 1104H08N5 .

Thanked by 1MannDude
    edited November 2023

Invoice #141162

Would like to opt in for that double double action if I could please!

Thanked by 1MannDude

@HackedServer said:
    Hey @MannDude

Your looking glasses are behind Cloudflare, messing up the download links (and mtr if you mtr to the domain).

Added to the to-do list. Usually I avoid CF but the as210630.net domain was used for some dev stuff at one point and CF came in handy for quick SSL coverage. (Not that certbot+LetsEncrypt is difficult). Low priority issue right now but will correct.

@unsafetypin said:
    Invoice 140958 double? Allentown location

Was completed 9 hours ago via the helpdesk by the looks of it :)

@Fireboy said:
    Thanks, opened a ticket 4-5 days ago but still no answer, Ticket ID: 1104H08N5 .

Woops, not sure how that got overlooked. Got some lower priority stuff pending in the queue but it appears this was handled earlier this morning. Sorry for the delay!

@Don_Keedic said:
    Invoice #141162

Would like to opt in for that double double action if I could please!

Consider it done. Need to stop and then start the VPS from the control panel for your OS to detect the new disk space. Enjoy!

Thanked by 1Fireboy
  • Yeah @MannDude I posted before seeing the reply you had to create a ticket. Thanks!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Good to go! Thanks a ton man!

Thanked by 1MannDude

Domain drawing tomorrow. Will continue to draw a new winner every Friday for a while.

May have another surprise soon, too. We'll see. :)

• @MannDude said:
    Domain drawing tomorrow. Will continue to draw a new winner every Friday for a while.

Woohoo

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Amazing!!

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Hi, It's a recurring discount?

@Smother9910 said:
    Hi, It's a recurring discount?

Yep.

edited November 2023

@MannDude said:

If you say new VPS offering in KC....I'm probably going to have to buy another something.

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited November 2023

@MannDude said: Domain drawing tomorrow. Will continue to draw a new winner every Friday for a while.

noice (/^▽^)/

Sorry for the late drawing.

@shruub, congrats on winning a free domain name! Will PM you shortly. :)