Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid HXServers - hxservers.com - Will Delete Your Account/Servers On A Whim (without breaking ToS)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid HXServers - hxservers.com - Will Delete Your Account/Servers On A Whim (without breaking ToS)

No emails, no announcements in their control panel... just the sounds of your server monitors alerting you that your servers no longer exist.

"We've discontinued Dallas due to lack of customer interest

Thank you,

-=HXServers=-"

The explanation above was received after my client reached out TO THEM via ticket after their servers seemingly "disappeared."

Anyone willing to up and dump your shit with no notice (especially if it's not the client's fault) doesn't deserve anyone's business.

Avoid HXServers.

Comments

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited October 2023

Around 40 minutes ago, they didn't send me a message about server going poof in Dallas. But at-least I got a random refund out of nowhere though, through paypal.

• @Nanja said:
    Around 40 minutes ago, they didn't send me a message about server going poof in Dallas. But at-least I got a random refund out of nowhere though through paypal.

Oh he didn't get a message either. He had to reach out to support via ticket to ask what the deal was. That was the response he got in return.

It'd be one thing if there was a heads up and some lead time or "Hey, Dallas isn't working out for us, would you mind if you stuck you at X location or we can allow you X amount of time to get migrated before we shut it down"

Nah, they just shut shit down and started refunding people ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. Luckily I'm injured at the moment and I'll be able to get my client back up and running but typically, this isn't a time I'd be working.

@hxservers whats up guys??

• Did they just nuke all data with the server without any warning? lmfao

Thanked by 2yoursunny ariq01
  • @stefeman said:
    Did they just nuke all data with the server without any warning? lmfao

100%

• They launched Dallas on October 13th.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3734517/#Comment_3734517

Is 7 days really enough time to determine that location isn't going to work out or did something else happen here?

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • NanjaNanja Member
    edited October 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    They launched Dallas on October 13th.

Is 7 days really enough time to determine that location isn't going to work out or did something else happen here?

Just a theory, but with how abrupt and no warning it was, I assume they were trying to hit the refund policy of whatever company they are or was using.

Thanked by 1stefeman
  • @JoeMerit said:

That's what made zero sense to me. I think my client actually picked it up on the day they launched in Dallas. Sure would have thought a month would have been the minimum. Whatever the case, the way they handled the whole deal was atrocious and nobody should trust them for anything.

They'll soon find out that "lack of customer interest" isn't limited to a location when a company pulls something like this.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2023

@JoeMerit said:

They probly canceled the server. You saw them doing 30% discount excluding budget plans and then 50% discount including budget plans.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

That's somewhat funny. Reminds me of:

Thanked by 1loay
  • I'm not one to complain about suppliers, almost anything.
    But the same thing just happened to me, they cancelled my server in Miami, frankly I was happy with the service and was planning to renew.
    I did not receive any message from them to inform me of this, but I did receive a message from paypal canceling the automatic payment.
    When I contacted them they replied "Hello!
    Thank you for reaching out to HXServers! Unfortunately, due to lack of customer interest in Miami, we're suspending our services in Miami. If you're receiving this notice, your VPS will not renew in Miami and will be deleted the day after its payment due date.
    We are still offering VPS hosting services, however only in Los Angeles, and New York.
    Thank you,
    -=HXServers=-"

I guess SPOOKY was not a good decision.
    Too bad, so sad, no way.

• @stephanuk said:

We are still offering VPS hosting services, however only in Los Angeles, and New York.

Until they decide that's not working for them either.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

I mean they did post an announcement here - https://support.hxservers.com/announcements/2/Service-discontinuation.html

But that sounds a little bit weird. Clearly they knew in advance that they were shutting down the locations & refunding them if the post was done on October 1st and the termination date was on the 21st, but why wouldn't they just send an email or something? WHMCS Announcements doesn't send emails automatically and no one probably reads them.

Edit: Also if they were still selling servers in those locations after October 1st that's quite weird too

• @Advin said:
    Edit: Also if they were still selling servers in those locations after October 1st that's quite weird too

Bingo.

One of the promo codes my client snagged was obtained on "Dallas Launch Day" - October 13th
    Promotional Code: DALLAS24HR - 33.00% Recurring Discount

That's almost a full TWO WEEKS after the initial announcement.

So either that announcement wasn't there or it was added after the fact (with the metadata changed) and forgot they had loose ends out there to point to the real timeline.

Whatever the case may be - it's all shady.

• @Don_Keedic said:
    No emails, no announcements in their control panel... just the sounds of your server monitors alerting you that your servers no longer exist.

Thank you,

-=HXServers=-"

The explanation above was received after my client reached out TO THEM via ticket after their servers seemingly "disappeared."

Anyone willing to up and dump your shit with no notice (especially if it's not the client's fault) doesn't deserve anyone's business.

Avoid HXServers.

jfc this can't be real!

• I only found out after checking it now that it has also been deleted. I have a $3/month package that was directly deleted without any notification. And it was almost always idle and deleted. The behavior of this service provider is shocking, I never thought there would be such a disgusting service provider.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • For all users affected by this change, please open a ticket with us.

We did not dispatch emails to our customers warning them of this change. We had intended to send a mass email campaign through our billing portal, yet - emails were not sent, nor were they checked before the system started its automatic cycle of refunds and terminations.

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication.

Here's what we will do. For any customer who was affected by this, open a ticket. We will recreate a new VPS for you, with the first month being free.

EDIT - While maintaining the same price you originally had.

Thank you,
    HXServers

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited October 2023

Same bullshit you did with your Irvine location in Sept, so this a 2nd time.

I know because you did it to me.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @bermudi said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Thank you,

-=HXServers=-"

Avoid HXServers.

jfc this can't be real!

I thought my buddy was screwing with me because I had just wrapped his migration (he knows I'm a perfectionist) So naturally, I went back and looked and the big grin faded fast when I realized it was actually gone.

• lol what a joke this provider is!

• my LA server also been terminated without any prior notification :s

• this is why you NEVER buy from resellers. Companies with their own gear, network, and IPs have actual skin in the game and aren't as likely to just run away like this.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@hotsnow said:
    my LA server also been terminated without any prior notification :s

Plot twist!

Might want to touch base with @zan - he posted in another thread and was having issues with his LA server going missing as well.

• I also found out that my LA service was terminated after receiving a refund email from PayPal.I didn’t receive any notification before that.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited October 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@hotsnow said:

Plot twist!

Might want to touch base with @zan - he posted in another thread and was having issues with his LA server going missing as well.

according this https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3740911#Comment_3740911

and this https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3740806#Comment_3740806

seems they changed their original mind, but only released an announcement, didn't send any email notifications to customers which been affected, I don't think everyone will often check the announcement of providers if no issues happened :s

• @hxservers said:
    For all users affected by this change, please open a ticket with us.

We did not dispatch emails to our customers warning them of this change. We had intended to send a mass email campaign through our billing portal, yet - emails were not sent, nor were they checked before the system started its automatic cycle of refunds and terminations.

We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication.

Here's what we will do. For any customer who was affected by this, open a ticket. We will recreate a new VPS for you, with the first month being free.

EDIT - While maintaining the same price you originally had.

Thank you,
    HXServers

Apologize to the lost data.

• wow i would run as fast as you can from this host. sounds like a kid running it.

• @LinuxDet said:
    wow i would run as fast as you can from this host. sounds like a kid running it.

Thank you for your feedback.

• @hotsnow said:

my LA server also been terminated without any prior notification

• @ptervip

Nooo... impossible! They didn't! :p

@stephanuk said: When I contacted them they replied
    "Hello!
    Thank you for reaching out to HXServers! Unfortunately, due to lack of customer interest in Miami, we're suspending our services in Miami. If you're receiving this notice, your VPS will not renew in Miami and will be deleted the day after its payment due date.
    Thank you,
    -=HXServers=-"

• Inform the future comrades, share the experience in trustpilot, in addition to LET