Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spectrum et al blocking SMTP - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spectrum et al blocking SMTP

Comments

• @bermudi said:

@ChrisCantwell said: The OP asked for help with an email problem. Have you even mentioned email since you got here?

well you got me there hahahah

ok, so what would be the proper etiquette here then? to open an entirely new thread just to comment something about this thread? It feels so tacky. I mean, it's not my fault that your fame makes you so disagreeable to the point that people feel the need to mention who you are because most sane people would understandably won't want any type of association with any of the subjects you defend and champion. I thought you were all about free speech. Where is then the liberty to express disagreement and contempt towards what you represent?

Imho, this is precisely the issue with free speech absolutism but I digress...

You should get a damn life, and learn that you do not get to dictate the political views of others, and you should certainly figure this out before it becomes accepted as an appropriate thing to do, because I will certainly use that power when the pendulum swings.

I am not a free speech absolutist. Far from it.

• @ChrisCantwell said: and learn that you do not get to dictate the political views of others

I am sorry. Where and when did I attempt to dictate anything about anyone or anything?

@ChrisCantwell said: I am not a free speech absolutist.

I'm glad, or you'd be terrible at it.

• @bermudi said:

@ChrisCantwell said: and learn that you do not get to dictate the political views of others

I am sorry. Where and when did I attempt to dictate anything about anyone or anything?

@ChrisCantwell said: I am not a free speech absolutist.

I'm glad, or you'd be terrible at it.

You have no say in the political views of others, and for that matter, nobody but a handful of fanatics, gives a damn about what you find distasteful.

This is a forum about web hosting. Go on Twitter and complain about racism. Go on Facebook and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of everyone who disagrees with you being banned. Go somewhere else to pretend that what you think actually matters, but here, it does not.

• bermudibermudi Member
    edited October 2023

You must be confusing me with someone else because I never attempted to dictate the political views of anyone or said I have a say in them.

@ChrisCantwell said: This is a forum about web hosting.

Not according to you.

@ChrisCantwell said: This forum is a cesspool of Left wing trash talk

Besides. I what have I said that is so "lefty"? Because I said "ew, glad I didn't help with that shit"? (I'm paraphrasing).

Thanked by 1emgh
  • can’t believe nobody suggested the enigma machine as an email alternative for my brotha chris

Thanked by 1neverain
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

@emgh said:

@bermudi said:
    @emgh there's also plenty of evidence that he didn't. my 2¢

I'm saying he made sure that the thread got political, but waited until someone mentioned it, that's my whole point

How about "he started a non-political thread and didn't talk about politics at all - until the first attacks came in". Yes, it wasn't the smartest reaction to engage those virtue signalers, who evidently were out for trouble. But it's not him who started it.

In fact I would go so far to say that @ChrisCantwell probably can't possibly start any purely technical and/or hosting related thread here without some guys starting their little virtue signalling "holy crusade".

So, if he really waited for the thread getting off tracks, it's his experience here that tought him to expect it.

You however put it in a way as if his non-political OP was just meant as a trap. And that, sorry, is shooting with an empty chamber because you can not prove your accusation but he has plenty evidence for being attacked after posting a totally innocent non-political OP.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

@ChrisCantwell said:
    This is a forum about web hosting. Go on Twitter and complain about racism. Go on Facebook and enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling of everyone who disagrees with you being banned. Go somewhere else to pretend that what you think actually matters, but here, it does not.

Ok, I understand that. But still: Please at least try to not fight anyone, everyone who says something that you perceive as going against your grain.

Yes, there are quite a few assholes (of different kinds) here on LET, but actually most people here are not out to look for and create trouble.

And regarding those who just can't tolerate you saying anything, and be it only "good morning" I have good advice for you - coming from a source you'll find acceptable * friendly grin

@ChrisCantwell said:
    ... nobody but a handful of fanatics, gives a damn about what you find distasteful.

You are presumably not a fanatic, so how come you do care about what he is saying?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • ChrisCantwellChrisCantwell Member
    edited October 2023

You are presumably not a fanatic, so how come you do care about what he is saying?

If you think I care about what he finds distasteful, you've misread me.

I care about what he is saying for the same reason I care about spam in my inbox.

• Ok, I understand that. But still: Please at least try to not fight anyone, everyone who says something that you perceive as going against your grain.

I am sure much gets said here that goes against my grain. I do not seek it out. I do not look for trouble. Sometimes, when I come to browse offers or do other things, I see political content in subject lines, I do not click. That's me trying not to fight anyone.

I come here and see a red number on a globe and I click it like a normal person.

Then I wonder why the moderators have chosen to turn this forum into a 2020 BLM riot.

Then I conclude "sheer cowardice".

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

As always, free speech is supposed to be free. I DO disagree with nazis, communists, other types of fascists and even more palatable or legal political parties of that descent trying hard to hide their murderous past and/or tendencies, but I also think they have the right to expose themselves for the vile thing they are.

Any kind of censorship would either embolden them or push them underground where there is nobody to challenge their warped views. I prefer to know what my enemy thinks and cutting them off is a terrible way to do that.

Look at Mein kampf, for example. There are all the future actions of the Fuhrer spelled out in detail, we can see where the genocidal ideas came from, racism, skepticism about humanity in general, even economics.
    Why ban RT? Sputnik? Censor the genocidal maniacs? They are clearly explaining their intentions and if people can see that they would be forewarned and stop falling prey to the fascist and communist populism.

Censorship is bad in all situations (apart from spamming profanities without any kind of content).

• @emgh said:
    Instead, I think it’s about time @ChrisCantwell learns how to fucking ignore a comment on the internet

This right here wouldve solved two pages of posts.
    But if the fish keep biting the bait, why stop fishing?

Thanked by 3emgh bermudi dahartigan
  • @jsg said: In fact I would go so far to say that @ChrisCantwell probably can't possibly start any purely technical and/or hosting related thread here without some guys starting their little virtue signalling "holy crusade".

Of course: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3732022/#Comment_3732022

Making sure that NOBODY (every single person) mentions his history is unresonable

HIM (one person) learning how to handle that, that's not unresonable

• @ChrisCantwell said: Then I wonder why the moderators have chosen to turn this forum into a 2020 BLM riot.

You. Just. Can't. Help. It.

You can't talk without invoking hyperbolic statements about nothing

Thanked by 2emgh dahartigan
  • @bermudi said:

@ChrisCantwell said: Then I wonder why the moderators have chosen to turn this forum into a 2020 BLM riot.

You. Just. Can't. Help. It.

You can't talk without invoking hyperbolic statements about nothing

I don't even respond to his arguments at all anymore because of this, it's just words that don't mean anything that you just can't argue with because it's not even remotely based on any kind of truth

Anyone who's been on LET for a week or more and isn't 100 % radicalized knows that the mods here are very lenient

I have had lots of arguments on here, and not once (apart from one time, from a mod that's not here anymore) I've never gotten a single warning, and I have zero active warnings on my account

Other forums I've been on, I've been getting warnings on my FIRST few posts

This place is one of the most free forums I know and that's why I stay

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • There are black men that call into my radio show.
    Jews who post in my chats.

They are not treated this way.

And I do not allow my users to mistreat them.

You keep on insisting that I should sit here and silently accept your abuse. Those of you who pretend to be neutral while saying this, you are not as subtle as you think. Your purpose is clear.

What you are all doing is fine with me. Keep on showing people who you are, and what our relationship is.

The Nazi is the guy who came here and said "Hey I've got an email problem"

The "do-gooders" are the people who routinely break the forum rules and insist that if I would just shut up then everything would be fine.

And once people realize that, they become Nazis. It's fairly straightforward.

So, thanks.

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2023

@ChrisCantwell said: There are black men that call into my radio show.

Lmao

Imagine feeling the urge to make it very clear that even some black people and a few jews don't hate you

No sane person would

• what the hell are you implying here WTF??

I don't even know the religion or color of skin of anyone here (but you) and I wouldn't dream of treating anyone differently for any reason except for their behaviour

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @emgh said:
    Imagine feeling the urge to make it very clear that even some black people and a few jews don't hate you

You are cartoon character, you know that?

I'm not virtue signaling about my Jewish friends.

I'm illustrating that the guy you cannot tolerate for his alleged racism treats Jews and blacks better than you treat people with email problems.

And that I do a better job of moderating Jews and Nazis than the web hosting forum does of keeping its Democrats in line.

• @ChrisCantwell said: I'm not virtue signaling about my Jewish friends.

Rare footage of a black Chris Cantwell fan:

• ChrisCantwellChrisCantwell Member
    edited October 2023

@emgh said:

Making sure that NOBODY (every single person) mentions his history is unresonable

What's unreasonable is you people being allowed to spend this entire day breaking the forum rules, and the predictable behavior of the mods that they will reward you for it, which you are planning on based on prior experience.

I have been through this enough times. You are the ones who are still figuring it out.

Eventually the mods are going to make a decision whether they want to have integrity or not, and the predictable answer is that they will choose not to.

And then there will be people who see this, and they will note the lack of integrity here, and they will know where the integrity is to be found.

This happens day in and day out and this is why the "Nazis" get banned from everything.

Not because we're hateful violent criminals. But because you are such perfect demonstrations of why there are Nazis. When civilization unravels and decent people live in fear of mobs of belligerent fools with nothing to add to the conversation, the people ask "where are all the decent people" and they say "Oh it was those Nazis all along".

And to prevent this from happening, your environment must be meticulously controlled, because you are not, in fact, human.

Human beings have self control. They make decisions about what they say.

You have no such capacity. You are absolutely certain that if there is decency in your presence it must be destroyed and called evil.

And more and more people are noticing this by the day, and eventually, you will realize that the wall has been built around you.

Not me.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There were Nazi Jews. What does this prove?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews

There are Jews perpetrating in this moment similar war crimes Nazis perpetrated. Collective punishments, executions without trials, let alone imprisonment without trial, razing houses and even whole neighbourhoods and settlements, let alone raiding them.

I don't agree with that but it doesn't mean all Jews everywhere should be punished like I don't agree all Germans should have been punished.

All people who perpetrate war crimes are, eventually, coming face to face with their punishment, maybe not this generation, but next, still, it is never a good idea to stereotype anyone, just because they have some ethnic, racial or religious background.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @ChrisCantwell said:

@emgh said:

What's unreasonable is you people being allowed to spend this entire day breaking the forum rules, and the predictable behavior of the mods that they will reward you for it, which you are planning on based on prior experience.

I have been through this enough times. You are the ones who are still figuring it out.

Eventually the mods are going to make a decision whether they want to have integrity or not, and the predictable answer is that they will choose not to.

And then there will be people who see this, and they will note the lack of integrity here, and they will know where the integrity is to be found.

This happens day in and day out and this is why the "Nazis" get banned from everything.

Not because we're hateful violent criminals. But because you are such perfect demonstrations of why there are Nazis. When civilization unravels and decent people live in fear of mobs of belligerent fools with nothing to add to the conversation, the people ask "where are all the decent people" and they say "Oh it was those Nazis all along".

And to prevent this from happening, your environment must be meticulously controlled, because you are not, in fact, human.

Human beings have self control. They make decisions about what they say.

You have no such capacity. You are absolutely certain that if there is decency in your presence it must be destroyed and called evil.

And more and more people are noticing this by the day, and eventually, you will realize that the wall has been built around you.

Not me.

I understand that you're frustrated with the current state of the forum and how some members may be violating the rules. It can be challenging when discussions become contentious or unproductive. However, it's essential to address these issues in a constructive manner.

If you believe that there are specific instances of rule violations or behavior that should be addressed by the moderators, I recommend reporting those cases directly to them. Most online forums have a reporting system to help maintain a healthy community.

Regarding your concerns about integrity and the behavior of some members, it's crucial to remember that online communities can have diverse participants with varying opinions. It's important to engage in civil discourse and promote positive interactions. If you find that a particular thread or discussion is not aligning with your expectations, you have the option to disengage from it.

Ultimately, the community's health and atmosphere depend on the collective efforts of its members and the vigilance of its moderators. If you believe there are systemic issues that need addressing, consider reaching out to the forum administrators or moderators to express your concerns and potentially work together to improve the forum's environment.

• I'm punching out for the night. I'll leave this shovel here for you and if this thread is still here in the morning I'll see how deep you have dug.

• emghemgh Member
    edited October 2023

@ChrisCantwell said:
    I'm punching out for the night. I'll leave this shovel here for you and if this thread is still here in the morning I'll see how deep you have dug.

Close your eyes, my Chrissie,
    In this quiet space.
    We all know you love that name,
    It puts a smile upon your face.

Sleep, sleep, dear Chrissie,
    A name so full of grace.
    We'll call you as you wish to be,
    In this nightly embrace.

Chrissie, you're so special,
    As you lay down your sweet head.
    Rest assured we love you so,
    As into dreams you're led.

Goodnight, sweet Chrissie,
    Your name's a lullaby.
    As you drift to dreamland now,
    Underneath the starlit sky.

• @emgh said:

Lmao

No sane person would

And his 100 IQ flex.

Hurr durr free speech but not if it's against my views.

Hurr durr everyone is a moron and a left wing lunatic if they disagree with me.

Hurr durr insult everyone and cry foul when I get smacked for it.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • email

• bermudibermudi Member
    edited October 2023

@ChrisCantwell said: keeping its Democrats in line.

lmao, dude... how do I explain I'm not even american... let alone a democrat.

And just the fact that you felt the need to single out "jews" and "blacks" and how they are treated by your community speaks volumes about you and how you think. And no, you're not getting a medal for 'not being an asshole' that should be the baseline.

@ChrisCantwell said: What's unreasonable is you people being allowed to spend this entire day breaking the forum rules

Dear god, call the UN. We have a few people off-topic over here. Time for mayor interventions. WE CAN'T HAVE THAT. lol

@ChrisCantwell said: This happens day in and day out and this is why the "Nazis" get banned from everything.

Yup. It has nothing to do with the message you preach. My god the intolerance! again, call the UN or superman or something.

@ChrisCantwell said: And then there will be people who see this, and they will note the lack of integrity here, and they will know where the integrity is to be found.

@ChrisCantwell said: because you are not, in fact, human.

Imagine that, going off-topic is enough justification to dehumanize people. Look at the paragon of integrity talking about integrity... laughable. I love your victim mentality.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

The answer is to treat both the OP and the people who drag OP's threads down in equal measure @Arkas. The OP eggs on the behavior that threatens to split LET into political factions (which, again, devalues content and reduces approachability of the community for new members), and of course they predictably start it and continue it just the same.

This would all be easily solved by the OP doing what most unpopular people here do: Be anonymous.

• @jar said: The answer is to treat both the OP and the people who drag OP's threads down in equal measure

oh nice equivalency hahahaha

dear god

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bermudi said:

@jar said: The answer is to treat both the OP and the people who drag OP's threads down in equal measure

oh nice equivalency hahahaha

dear god

You could stop just as much as he could.

This discussion has been closed.