Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spectrum et al blocking SMTP - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spectrum et al blocking SMTP

124»

Comments

• I'm confident about 50 % of the people called left wing trash are right wing

That really does tell you enough

• you know very well it's not the same thing

@jar said: You could stop just as much as he could.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bermudi said:
    you know very well it's not the same thing

@jar said: You could stop just as much as he could.

You're both dragging down the thread. Whether or not you elevate yourself over the other person is of little concern to the quality of the community.

Thanked by 2netomx tentor
  • bermudibermudi Member
    edited October 2023

@jar said: You're both dragging down the thread. Whether or not you elevate yourself over the other person is of little concern to the quality of the community.

This is really rich...

Me being off-topic is the same now as insulting, dehumanizing, antagonizing and constantly derailing the thread to political issues.

I tried being charitable and give him the benefit of the doubt.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3732276#Comment_3732276

I also stopped commenting because I had nothing to say about email, but OP decided to obsess about politics so I decided to go along with it, in the end it is OP's thread

If my behaviour is in any way similar to his to you, you need to open your eyes, buddy

I have commented on many many threads. not a single one has gone political before. The problem here is not me.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@bermudi said: If my behaviour is in any way similar to his to you

The tangent you just went off on is precisely my point. This is a thread about an email problem. Now, because of people like you and the OP both contributing to devolving the thread into this mud slinging competition, we'll end up losing a valuable thread that might have been decent SEO for the community had it been focused on the technical details.

How you two went off on these tangents, why you went off on them, or who is more moral based on the contents of those tangents, is precisely none of this community's fucking problem. You don't have to be the whole problem to be part of it.

Now I'm going to stop being part of it as well, feel free to get the last word in. I said what I dropped in here to say. That it seems to upset you doesn't seem to provide any logical modification to my point.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • bermudibermudi Member
    edited October 2023

I didn't throw the thread to a tangent. The thread was already political when I started commenting.

I repeat, I tried to give OP the benefit of the doubt

He decided to start with name calling and decided to stay off topic.

Now by accusing me you have thrown the thread to a different tangent.

Also, I clearly have different priorities than you. I don't give a flying **** about the seo of one thread in possibly hundreds that are opened each day. I care more a lot more about my family, my friends and the repercussions that spreading hate have on them.

@jar said: The tangent you just went off on is precisely my point. This is a thread about an email problem. Now, because of people like you and the OP both contributing to devolving the thread into this mud slinging competition, we'll end up losing a valuable thread that might have been decent SEO for the community had it been focused on the technical details.

How you two went off on these tangents, why you went off on them, or who is more moral based on the contents of those tangents, is precisely none of this community's fucking problem.

good, you have lots of comments in this thread and one is about email, so...

@jar said: Now I'm going to stop being part of it as well, feel free to get the last word in. I said what I dropped in here to say. That it seems to upset you doesn't seem to provide any logical modification to my point.

• In conclusion, to quote a very dear friend of mine:

@jbiloh said:
    Don't take things on the internet so seriously.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy dahartigan
  • Email is too untermensch, as emgh suggested you should use the superior Enigma machine to talk with your Übermensch buddies

Thanked by 2bermudi emgh
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Enough

Thanked by 2bermudi emgh
This discussion has been closed.