Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS SSD 77% OFF ★ Under 1$/m ★ No commitment ★ APAC, EU & NAM hosting ★ OVHcloud - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS SSD 77% OFF ★ Under 1$/m ★ No commitment ★ APAC, EU & NAM hosting ★ OVHcloud

124»

Comments

• Can you post the datacenter locations that are "available"?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@mrkaffeine92 said:
    Can you post the datacenter locations that are "available"?

Hello @mrkaffeine92 , as per the title of this thread we offer multiple locations in Asia-Pacific, Europe & North America. All of them are currently available. You can choose the datacener as you start the order process.

@OVH_APAC said:
    VPS offer perks:

• VPS "Starter" at 77% OFF for the first 12 months: $0.97/m for 12 months (then $4.20/month) (no commitment is required)
    • Europe, North America (Canada), Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia) hosting locations
    • Offer ends January 31st 2024 1PM GMT
    • Valid for new customers only

Key VPS Features:

• Full root access

• KVM virtualisation
    • One-click RAM or storage upgrade
    • DDoS protection included
    • 99.9% SLA
    • Multiple hosting regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia)

VPS Starter specifications

• 1 vCore

• 2GB RAM
    • 20GB SSD SATA
    • Unmetered Traffic @ 100Mbps*

*For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore, we offer outbound data: 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.
      Inbound data is unmetered.

How to buy? Please choose according to your location

• Asia / India (billing in US$): Order Now

• Rest of the world (except USA) Billing in US$:Order Now

For USA resident, this particular offer is not available. To be directed to your local website please visit: https://www.ovhcloud.com

Hello all, OVHcloud famous 1$ VPS offer will cease this January 31st at 1PM GST.
    Last chance to benefit from it on the above mentioned websites (for new OVHcloud customers only).

• @OVH_APAC said:
    For USA resident, this particular offer is not available. To be directed to your local website please visit: https://www.ovhcloud.com

If someone is a resident of both the US as well as a country outside the US, can they use their non-US address to qualify for this offer?

And what is the reason US residents are excluded from this offer?

By the way, does LET have a significant percentage of members outside the US?

• VPS Starter specifications

1 vCore
    2GB RAM
    20GB SSD SATA

Unmetered Traffic @ 100Mbps

for Europe, North America..?

• How long until you approve my order?

• I wanted to get that VPS "Starter" a try, I don't mind so much the old hardware. Just want to docker around and try some liteweight stuff. I mean the $0.97/m are attractive.

What's not clear to me is, is there any minimum holding time? I want to try some stuff and then move on. So I need the VPS maybe a few days, weeks, or maybe 3 month. Is that possible? And does it come with the dedicated IP or is it some type of NAT?

But here is one turning off point.. I saw you have Paypal (great, I have Paypal too!) so naturally I wanted to give it a try, I do use people with all other providers. But there is a catch - OVH's Paypal popup ask me to register a credit card - mhm, but I want to use Paypal funds (there are plenty)

Seems there is no way around that. It's a pity.

• @dergelbe said:
    I wanted to get that VPS "Starter" a try, I don't mind so much the old hardware. Just want to docker around and try some liteweight stuff. I mean the $0.97/m are attractive.

What's not clear to me is, is there any minimum holding time? I want to try some stuff and then move on. So I need the VPS maybe a few days, weeks, or maybe 3 month. Is that possible? And does it come with the dedicated IP or is it some type of NAT?

But here is one turning off point.. I saw you have Paypal (great, I have Paypal too!) so naturally I wanted to give it a try, I do use people with all other providers. But there is a catch - OVH's Paypal popup ask me to register a credit card - mhm, but I want to use Paypal funds (there are plenty)

Seems there is no way around that. It's a pity.

Why would any merchant force a PayPal client to only use it with a credit card?

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • @JosephF said:
    Why would any merchant force a PayPal client to only use it with a credit card?

Seems OVH isn't really aware of that. They blame it on Paypal. But strangely, I use Paypal for 15+ years and have many recuring payments that I settle from balance manually.
    Now it goes on and on in circles and I think I will close the ticket soon and delete the account.

• shaikhmanalshaikhmanal Member
    edited January 31

Don't buy OVH. As simple as that. Had to order twice with money deducted both times. My address and everything else is legit but still they cancelled my order. Support asks me to change my address to correct one after failing first time, but I still get cancelled after simply prolonging my address per my PayPal.

NEVER BUY FROM OVH. They aren't the same OVH I used to know anymore. Gonna NOT recommend OVH to the company I work for their dedi migration.

edited February 2

@shaikhmanal said:
    Don't buy OVH. As simple as that. Had to order twice with money deducted both times. My address and everything else is legit but still they cancelled my order. Support asks me to change my address to correct one after failing first time, but I still get cancelled after simply prolonging my address per my PayPal.

NEVER BUY FROM OVH. They aren't the same OVH I used to know anymore. Gonna NOT recommend OVH to the company I work for their dedi migration.

Hello @shaikhmanal , sorry to hear about your experience. We have multiple processes in place which could lead to an order being cancelled.
    The reasons could vary from incomplete name, address, multiple accounts to unpaid invoices.
    From your comment above i would understand that you are an old customer, this VPS offer is for new customer only..

• @OVH_APAC said:

@shaikhmanal said:

Hello @shaikhmanal , sorry to hear about your experience. We have multiple processes in place which could lead to an order being cancelled.
    The reasons could vary from incomplete name, address, multiple accounts to unpaid invoices.
    From your comment above i would understand that you are an old customer, this VPS offer is for new customer only..

I am not an old customer. I don't have an account with OVH. The most I used OVH as service is from 3rd party reseller who virtualize their dedi into VPS. But trying first hand is a pathetic experience.