Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS SSD 77% OFF ★ Under 1$/m ★ No commitment ★ APAC, EU & NAM hosting ★ OVHcloud - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS SSD 77% OFF ★ Under 1$/m ★ No commitment ★ APAC, EU & NAM hosting ★ OVHcloud

Comments

• good.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@Shamli said:
    Bought two..both pending additional processing time...

The date of the order is the one that matters here however please ensure you have entered all your registration details correctly for your order to be validated smoothly.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@Shamli said:

The date of the order is the one that matters here however please ensure you have entered all your registration details correctly for your order to be validated smoothly.

Noted. However already received both server few hours ago. Thanks...

@Shamli said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@Shamli said:

Noted. However already received both server few hours ago. Thanks...

Great news! For info these VPS are upgradable but remain shared resources. If you look for more flexibility, dedicated compute, storage, network, and services like Kubernetes, Dbaas etc.. I would recommend to check our pay-as-you-go cloud services here: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/public-cloud/

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • Please show some sincerity. This kind of thing has no appeal at all on Black Friday.

Thanked by 1axman
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@nodeseek said:
    Please show some sincerity. This kind of thing has no appeal at all on Black Friday.

You do aware they already provided one of the cheapest dedicated servers in APAC and stable VPS in the market? My uptime for their APAC VPS has been more than 4 years

Thanked by 1OVH_APAC
  • @FAT32 said:

@nodeseek said:
    Please show some sincerity. This kind of thing has no appeal at all on Black Friday.

You do aware they already provided one of the cheapest dedicated servers in APAC and stable VPS in the market? My uptime for their APAC VPS has been more than 4 years

Of course I understand what you are saying, but the configuration provided by OVH is really disappointing and can easily be canceled.

edited November 2023

@nodeseek said:

@FAT32 said:

@nodeseek said:

Of course I understand what you are saying, but the configuration provided by OVH is really disappointing and can easily be canceled.

@nodeseek , by configuration, you mean the performances of this 1$ VPS? (There is an extensive range of VPS available with more cores, RAM and local storage.) and this is not a black friday offer, but rather an offer that will end in few hours. We are cooking different offers for black friday (-:

• ShamliShamli Member
    edited November 2023

After successful purchase of two server yesterday, today I'm unable to get a new server with the promo price.. does it only for newly created user account within 24 hours..?

• When will there be the BF event?

@Shamli said:
    After successful purchase of two server yesterday, today I'm unable to get a new server with the promo price.. does it only for newly created user account within 24 hours..?

Yes indeed, promo is valid for new customer (you are no longer new after a first order).

• @OVH_APAC said:

@Shamli said:

Yes indeed, promo is valid for new customer (you are no longer new after a first order).

Ouch...if known, i would have ordered a few more.. :smile:

• When will there be the BF event?

@willlrs said:
    When will there be the BF event?

Hi @willlrs , be sure to follow our social media channels for the latest updates :)

• @OVH_APAC said:

@willlrs said:
    When will there be the BF event?

Hi @willlrs , be sure to follow our social media channels for the latest updates :)

Your competitors are already taking action. I hope OVH will also launch the Black Friday event soon, otherwise our wallets will be emptied by your opponents soon!

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • I just got a legit email from OVHCloud earlier today;

It would appear old customers still taking advantage of their 2018 VPS Discovery offers (1vCore/20GB SSD/1GB RAM) for 2$/month are being forcibly kicked the f*ck off their network on the 12/31/23.

Essentially they are forcing us to migrate to a different range of products, for basically a far worse service (much lower CPU performance) at a 350% price increase for a whopping 7$ a month!!!

What gives @OVH_APAC ?

• I had a similar experience, I got one of their deals, then was 3 times more expensive on renewal, I was about to do it the week after, to realize, if you don't renew they delete your VPS. Make sure you backup your VPS they have zero grace period.

• @Rotnam said:
    I had a similar experience, I got one of their deals, then was 3 times more expensive on renewal, I was about to do it the week after, to realize, if you don't renew they delete your VPS. Make sure you backup your VPS they have zero grace period.

Well technically while my VPS has no commitment on it as I pay yearly, my yearly renewal date is due on the 12/01/2023 (in 13 days), so it is my understanding I could renew a last time for 2.5$/month (so a last 30$/year) but then if I haven't forced migrated by the 12/31/23 my shit gets deleted while the remaining 11 months get refunded.

However cometh the next yearly payment on the 12/01/2024 that'll be 7$ a month (so moving forward from that point I'm looking at 84 f*cking dollars a year) and honestly? Fuck that.

How are they even allowed to advertise a 7$ VPS on LET? A 350% increase in fees.

Bunch of scam artists @OVH_APAC for real.

Thanked by 2axman Rotnam
  • @OVH_APAC said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    VPS offer perks:

• VPS "Starter" at 77% OFF for the first 12 months: $0.97/m for 12 months (then $4.20/month) (no commitment is required)
    • Europe, North America (Canada), Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia) hosting locations
    • Offer ends November 14th (1PM GMT)
    • Valid for new customers only
    • Limit of 10 per new customers

Key VPS Features:

• Full root access

• KVM virtualisation
    • One-click RAM or storage upgrade
    • DDoS protection included
    • 99.9% SLA
    • Multiple hosting regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia)

VPS Starter specifications

• 1 vCore

• 2GB RAM
    • 20GB SSD SATA
    • Unmetered Traffic @ 100Mbps*

*For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore, we offer outbound data: 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.
      Inbound data is unmetered.

How to buy? Please choose according to your location

• Asia / India (billing in US$): Order Now

• UK (billing in £): Order Now
    • Europe (Billing in Euros): Order Now
    • Rest of the world (except USA) Billing in US$:Order Now

For USA resident, this particular offer is not available. To be directed to your local website please visit: https://www.ovhcloud.com

Hello LET community, this offer has been extended until November 14th (-:

Just a reminder this offer expires tomorrow 14 November 2023 at 1pm GMT.

Hey there, Can I pay Annually?

• Their cheap 'VPS Starter' plan is horrible> @BKKHK said:

I just got a legit email from OVHCloud earlier today;

It would appear old customers still taking advantage of their 2018 VPS Discovery offers (1vCore/20GB SSD/1GB RAM) for 2$/month are being forcibly kicked the f*ck off their network on the 12/31/23.

Essentially they are forcing us to migrate to a different range of products, for basically a far worse service (much lower CPU performance) at a 350% price increase for a whopping 7$ a month!!!

What gives @OVH_APAC ?

You had your 'Discovery' experience. I had this for $17.88/year as well. It was a slow cpu, 100 megabit, slow disk, was not worth the $17.88/year and especially wouldn't be worth $24/year. Just move on, you can do a lot better than to waste your time bitching at OVH in hopes of keeping this legacy underperforming product.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Their cheap 'VPS Starter' plan is horrible> @BKKHK said:

I just got a legit email from OVHCloud earlier today;

What gives @OVH_APAC ?

You had your 'Discovery' experience. I had this for $17.88/year as well. It was a slow cpu, 100 megabit, slow disk, was not worth the $17.88/year and especially wouldn't be worth $24/year. Just move on, you can do a lot better than to waste your time bitching at OVH in hopes of keeping this legacy underperforming product.

Hopes? What hopes? There's no hopes here. Just fuck them @OVH_APAC @OVHcloud_james @OVH_Matt @OVH_UK @ovhcom.

Nothing beats a little bit of public naming and shaming. Should this serve as a word of caution, a warning if you will aimed at new potential customers.

Not to mention in my country there are laws against these sort of business malpractices, if we were talking about a more serious amount of money, I could take them to court and would likely be entitled to either keep my service at 24$/year 'as is' or I could seek for a sizeable financial compensation over "emotional damage or distress" caused by their antics. You feel me?

But for the time being? Nah just flog them publicly, good old name and shame works wonders.

Thanked by 1axman
  • OVHVPS15 get you 15% on VPS, but no Limited Edition.

• I'm unable to create an account.
    https://imgur.com/c83KSPw.png

• Can you accept purchases from Chinese people?

@ThrowException said:
    Can you accept purchases from Chinese people?

Sorry, we do not accept customers with a residential address in China.

@Hajt said:
    I'm unable to create an account.
    https://imgur.com/c83KSPw.png

Hello @Hajt , unfortunately I cannot consult your screenshot (imgur issue), but suggest you visit https://www.ovhcloud.com to be redirected to your local OVHcloud website.

• my order was canceled https://prnt.sc/BVWQD1regpI4

@Pieceago said:
    my order was canceled https://prnt.sc/BVWQD1regpI4

Hello @Pieceago , looks like our validation team cancelled it, could be because of missing info in your registration form (make sure to enter all details carefully including full name, full address, etc.. ). I would suggest you to create a new account and re-order.

• PieceagoPieceago Member
    edited November 2023

@OVH_APAC said:

@Pieceago said:

Hello @Pieceago , looks like our validation team cancelled it, could be because of missing info in your registration form (make sure to enter all details carefully including full name, full address, etc.. ). I would suggest you to create a new account and re-order.

So the validation team canceled my order without refunding my money, and you advised me to buy again using a new account?

at least if my order is canceled refund my money.

@Pieceago said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@Pieceago said:

So the validation team canceled my order without refunding my money, and you advised me to buy again using a new account?

at least if my order is canceled refund my money.

Hello @Pieceago , OVHcloud only did a pre-authorisation on your payment card and it will expire within 5 to 7 working days counting from the date when your order was cancelled. Hope this clarifies