Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@caii said:
    Huawei

Surveillance.

Mikrotik

Garbage.

In Cisco we trust.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hey!
    Today we managed to do the partial upgrade of the Storage node.
    8 out of 12 HDDs were replaced from 4TB 6Gbps to 6TB 12Gbps.
    There was also a small incident, but the fact that we use several RAID10 groups instead of a single and gigantic group saved our bottom this time as well. Affected customers were contacted privately.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello!
    Today, after I prepared the migration of the VPS Storage from the 8x 4TB 6Gbps HDDs that were to be replaced with 8x 6TB 12Gbps, everything went successfully until the moment I booted the server with the new HDDs. We found that one of the SSD pools used temporarily to host your service no longer contained any partitions - pools that also contain your VM.
    I have experienced something like this in the past with some new SSDs that simply ran out of partitions overnight. Because it is fixed by the Storage server, including the backups are lost.
    Please use the "Reinstall" function to install a new operating system and put your own backups, in the hope that you had some remote ones.
    We will try to recover the old partitions, but we have no guarantee that we will succeed in doing so.
    I know that in addition to all the problems related to migration, it was not the time for something like this not to happen, but it is already too late to do anything.
    I would like to ask you to tell me if it would help you to extend your free service by one month, as a sign of gratitude that you understand the situation you are in or not to accept the sincere apologies and the advice to always have backups . external, no matter who your next provider is.
    Thank you!

• LeviLevi Member

Data loss due to incompetence. Nothing unusual and/or not expected. Dockerize your seedbox stack and continue on.

edited June 2023

Hello!
    I come with a little update, a little happier than usual.
    The following things happened:
    1. On Tuesday, we signed the contract with the 2nd ISP that will offer us 500Mbps guaranteed bandwidth, unlimited traffic, we are waiting for the installation (2-3 weeks).
    2. Yesterday, the ONT of the current provider was changed, which restarted several times a day and thus interrupted our access to the Internet every 1-2 minutes from time to time, and now the problem is solved.
    3. Today I managed to make some additional settings to our Cisco switch and that's how we managed to double our speed for the IPv6 connection.
    4. I improved the deployment of the web server that hosts WHMCS and I can say that I am proud of how well it loads.

I am optimistic and think that we will almost always have 1Gbps up/down at least via IPv6 and around 500Mbps via IPv4 after the guaranteed 500Mbps line of the other ISP is installed, even if now the speed is disastrous and it only ensures our subsistence.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu 22 Jun 2023 05:47:08 PM EEST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 14 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @ 2.30GHz
    CPU cores  : 72 @ 3600.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 377.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       :
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.15.107-2-pve
    VM Type    : NONE
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : HFM S.R.L
    ASN        : AS57403 HFM S.R.L
    Host       : HFM S.R.L
    Location   : Bucharest, Bucharest (B)
    Country    : Romania

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 176.08 MB/s  (44.0k) | 788.40 MB/s  (12.3k)
    Write      | 176.55 MB/s  (44.1k) | 792.55 MB/s  (12.3k)
    Total      | 352.63 MB/s  (88.1k) | 1.58 GB/s    (24.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.57 GB/s     (5.0k) | 1.27 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Write      | 2.71 GB/s     (5.3k) | 1.35 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Total      | 5.29 GB/s    (10.3k) | 2.62 GB/s     (2.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 35.6 Mbits/sec  | 74.8 Mbits/sec  | 63.4 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 44.4 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 58.5 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 51.1 Mbits/sec  | 115 Mbits/sec   | 56.6 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 38.4 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 101 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 36.7 Mbits/sec  | 60.5 Mbits/sec  | 134 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 41.6 Mbits/sec  | 63.6 Mbits/sec  | 170 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 69.2 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 188 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 777 Mbits/sec   | 703 Mbits/sec   | 60.5 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 660 Mbits/sec   | 669 Mbits/sec   | 63.5 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 746 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 58.8 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 638 Mbits/sec   | 596 Mbits/sec   | 104 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 571 Mbits/sec   | 169 Mbits/sec   | 131 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 696 Mbits/sec   | 457 Mbits/sec   | 176 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 638 Mbits/sec   | 471 Mbits/sec   | 191 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 846
    Multi Core      | 7992
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1684996

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

offtopic: isn't there any chance we can get a lol/rofl button next to thanks?
    I mean... sometimes I just feel the need for it.

@Andreix said:

I think you can rightly ask yourself what you asked me a few weeks ago https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3666188#Comment_3666188

@FlorinMarian said:

@Andreix said:

I think you can rightly ask yourself what you asked me a few weeks ago https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3666188#Comment_3666188

So... have you ever heard of the "offtopic" term?

@Andreix said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Andreix said:

So... have you ever heard of the "offtopic" term?

Not really, but it's cool how those who are not addressed to my messages find themselves commenting on them.
    Thank you for bringing my topic to the top ;)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Andreix said:

You can have the buttons, but only if you do these things.
    https://bit.ly/sunnyLOL
    https://bit.ly/sunnyROFL

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Keep it up, you've already gotten further than anyone said you would! You still have a lot to learn, a lot of mistakes to make, but there's nothing as good as having full control of your environment and costs.

While waiting for the 4 servers that are still in customs in Bucharest, I also prepared the KVM console that will take the place of that PC monitor that was not very elegant :)
    Preview (be careful, there is a lot of noise in the background): https://hazi.ro/preview/IMG_3086.MOV

Thanked by 3maverick Zyra yoursunny
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Initially I was a bit torn but as long as @FlorinMarian is transparent with his customers I think I'm actually impressed. Particularly he should be transparent regarding the expected transit performance, security considerations etc. For many server uses that people would normally self host this could be quite suitable.

This is a true low end host. Well done @FlorinMarian

• ChievoChievo Member

Which is the cost of energy in romania , today?

@Chievo said:

For home use is around .20-.25 EUR per kWh.
    Business, really depends on geolocation and network load. Can be anywhere between .90 EUR to 3 EUR per kWh.

Thanked by 1caii

@SplitIce said:
    Initially I was a bit torn but as long as @FlorinMarian is transparent with his customers I think I'm actually impressed. Particularly he should be transparent regarding the expected transit performance, security considerations etc. For many server uses that people would normally self host this could be quite suitable.

Regarding the physical security of the location, I have no fears, there are much more tempting things for thieves and they haven't touched them for years here in my area.
    Regarding the AntiDDoS security, we only have a few GB (5) provided by the current provider and an in-house protection for stupid attacks such as "an IP address opens 1000 TCP connections in 10 seconds".
    We have the option to buy a much-loved AntiDDoS protection here on the forum via BGP session, but that would increase the costs of VPS servers by about 50%, which we don't want until we really need it.

@Chievo said:

30 cents per KWh, VAT included.

Currently, the energy consumption is about 1.5KWh, but we will probably reach at least 2.2KWh after we install the 4 nodes to be delivered by UPS.
    From the experience so far, about half of the energy consumed is provided by the photovoltaic panels and the rest imported from the grid (intervals 0-8AM, 21-23PM).
    This is an ensemble image, but we don't know how much our panels are really capable of producing because the inverter doesn't show how much energy it "threw" but only how much energy it produced depending on the consumption from a certain moment.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Andreix said:

@Chievo said:

Business, really depends on geolocation and network load. Can be anywhere between .90 EUR to 3 EUR per kWh.

If you have layers for the first E in your logo, why don't you have a bridge that makes up the second?

Thanked by 2Andreix adly
  • kasodkkasodk Barred

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

Regarding the physical security of the location, I have no fears, there are much more tempting things for thieves and they haven't touched them for years here in my area.

So you think that Calin will steal the neighbor's garden elves next time he needs "new" servers at Romanian "second-hand" prices?

Criminals often steal what they or others need. It's not always the most expensive stuff.

Thanked by 1Calin

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

So you think that Calin will steal the neighbor's garden elves next time he needs "new" servers at Romanian "second-hand" prices?

Criminals often steal what they or others need. It's not always the most expensive stuff.

And we take the discussion again to shit.
    Let's leave it like that, we don't get anywhere.

@SirFoxy said:

@Andreix said:

@Chievo said:

If you have layers for the first E in your logo, why don't you have a bridge that makes up the second?

I prefer simple designs.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@FlorinMarian just be transparent.

There isnt the same level of safety that a large commercial 24/7 staffed DC has. As long as you are you have done well and I wish you the best.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

We got both you and @Calin over 50,000 unique eyeballs a month ago for free, but he's delivering servers. You're discussing. That's your issue.

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

We got both you and @Calin over 50,000 unique eyeballs a month ago for free, but he's delivering servers. You're discussing. That's your issue.

I don't remember making you a manager at HAZI.ro.
    I repeat what I said before: Calin and iHostArt are not role models, according to my beliefs.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

I repeat what I said before: Calin and iHostArt are not role models, according to my beliefs.

You act like the world is against you when you need to stfu and work.

Thanked by 1adly

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

You and others like you are not my world, otherwise I wouldn't have struggled so much for you :)

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

I mean he seems to move fast

He's waiting on servers to arrive and is preparing accordingly

Not like not starting a discussion will make the servers arrive any sooner

However I think he really does need to consider pricing etc, I have no idea what kind of server group that Hazi sell the most of and will try to push the most, but looking at the storage range:

Cheapest:

€3.50 Euro €3.15 Euro
    1vCPU - 1GB RAM - 100GB SATA RAID10

1 TB:

€14.99 Euro €13.49 Euro
    4vCPU - 8GB RAM - 1TB SATA RAID10 Enterprise

It honestly don't feel very attractive.

The CPU being a soon 10 year old component is fine, it's for storage, the RAM is a lot, but that's rarely needed, the starting price is good ($3.81 or $3.43 discounted) - but it's not that good

And the per TB pricing isn't even lowend

1 TB at Hazi: €14.99 Euro €13.49 Euro
    1 TB at HostHatch: $5

I understand that the RAM is 8x, but that's a really niche benefit considering the limited CPU power of a shared E5-2698 V3

So I hope @FlorinMarian has a plan to create offers that actually are attractive enough to justify a homemade solution (i.e. offers that are much better when compared to BuyVM, HostHatch etc) - because they all use professional DC's

There's a market, for sure, in this setup. Many use-cases are fine with some downtime and some hours or even days or slower speeds

But the pricing will have to reflect the fact, or getting the cheer volume of sales to cover everything bought so far will be very very hard

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

You and others like you are not my world, otherwise I wouldn't have struggled so much for you :)

My guy, these hosts that are telling you to follow your dreams are not your consumer.

When you say "my world", what you mean is anyone that's telling you the honest truth that you don't want to hear. 90% of these people saying 'follow your dreams' are not the people that will be paying you for these costs you're incurring.

Listen to the consumer, not the competitor. Even if their hearts are in the right place they only resonate with you because they share the same dream.

Your consumer, on the other hand does not give a fuck about anything other than receiving more value than they exchanged with you via their departing currency. Remember that.

I want you to succeed, really, (that's why I wrote an article about you that gave you a LOT of free attention) but I fear you're extremely misguided and leading yourself to failure.

Also: one of your most profitable client bases would have been bandwidth intensive streaming/seeding clients that rely on countries like yours, what you have isn't even remotely sufficient. The DIY self-host crowd wouldn't be nearly as profitable.

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirFoxy said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@kasodk said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@SplitIce said:

My guy, these hosts that are telling you to follow your dreams are not your consumer.

When you say "my world", what you mean is anyone that's telling you the honest truth that you don't want to hear. 90% of these people saying 'follow your dreams' are not the people that will be paying you for these costs your incurring.

Listen to the consumer, not the competitor. Even if their hearts are in the right place they only resonate with you because they share the same dream.

Your consumer, on the other hand does not give a fuck about anything other than receiving more value than they exchanged with you via their departing currency. Remember that.

I want you to succeed, really, (that's why I wrote an article about you that gave you a LOT of free attention) but I fear you're extremely misguided, and leading yourself to failure.

Also: one of your most profitable client bases would have been bandwidth intensive streaming clients that rely on countries like yours, what you have isn't even remotely sufficient.

First of all, thank you for the change of attitude.
    Then, related to sales - I have all the time in the world to put value on all this investment in order to later produce money.
    Everything I did with HAZI.ro brought me the two jobs so far and probably the next one as well (many people from HR fall on their backs when they hear that the employee spends his free time researching the field in which he works).
    Right now I'm focusing on solving problems related to internet speed.
    After that follows the creation of attractive packages that are also profitable at the same time, and the last place will be efficiency.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said: Also: one of your most profitable client bases would have been bandwidth intensive streaming clients that rely on countries like yours, what you have isn't even remotely sufficient. The DIY self-host crowd wouldn't be nearly as profitable.

I haven't followed the thread

Are we at 500 Mbps currently for IPv4?

If so:

@FlorinMarian

1. How many VPS servers do you think you can fit on 500 Mbps? Surely you know how much bandwidth your average client used before the migration, how many of them could you realistically fit?
    2. Will speeds be limited further (right now you advertise 1 Gbps, while you might have this in IPv6, IPv4 is half already, and one client maxing that speed would yield 0 to the rest, correct?
    3. Is there any quick and cheap (or as quick as possible and as cheap as possible) way for you to increase this when that's needed?
    4. If the answer is yes to the above, how much will you have to pay?