Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress

Comments

• VoidVoid Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:
    Are you gonna throw a rock through Florins window and steal his customers SSDs?

“I ordered 13 bulletproof glass panes for my windows to prevent this”
    ~Florin

Thanked by 2SirFoxy emgh
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2023

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    which is worth 25% more than I was paying for the colocation for the two servers where I had both internet traffic and energy consumption included.
    It's a lesson of mind but also an assumption in front of clients that I will give my best, since this passion of mine has eaten up all my savings and forces me to pay over 300 EUR monthly just for the internet

So you invested 10k+ euro to pay more for internet at home to host the same servers. I don't want to be in your shoes.

Sorry.

You missed the point. He has to upgrade it, so its gonna be even more expensive cause 150 Mbps is not enough xD

Then again, almost free electricity is nice.. He could mine some new shitcoins and it might actually make it all back in few years even if none of them go up.

• SirNeoSirNeo Member

OK so you thought that with 15€ you can have 1GB best effort and BGP from RCS-RDS but the redundancy (your second ISP) who is?

https://bgp.he.net/AS57403

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2023

@SirNeo said:
    OK so you thought that with 15€ you can have 1GB best effort and BGP from RCS-RDS but the redundancy (your second ISP) who is?

https://bgp.he.net/AS57403

BGP is paid separately and no, I was thinking about 45 EUR ex VAT for 1Gbps best effort.
    Second ISP is Orange but I don’t have BGP session with them.

• SirNeoSirNeo Member

And if RCS-RDS has a fiber cut or a core issue how does having Orange as 2nd connection helps you if there is no BGP

@SirNeo said:
    And if RCS-RDS has a fiber cut or a core issue how does having Orange as 2nd connection helps you if there is no BGP

The ISP has the fiber brought underground through two circular routes in the locality.
    The only major failure point is the one where a pole falls in the center of the village but that would affect all the providers and that has never happened in my 28 years :)

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirNeo said:

The ISP has the fiber brought underground through two circular routes in the locality.
    The only major failure point is the one where a pole falls in the center of the village but that would affect all the providers and that has never happened in my 28 years :)

What if the guard dogs eat the fiber?

• SirNeoSirNeo Member

It doesn't matter if is underground. Fiber cut happen all the time in the industry and not only to aerial cables

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

I was on the Florin mock train but c’mon

If you can’t take a 0,05 % daily risk of a cut fiber cable, obviously Hazi.ro isn’t for you

I don’t think @FlorinMarian has ever stated that he aims to cater to the HA market

@SirNeo said:
    It doesn't matter if is underground. Fiber cut happen all the time in the industry and not only to aerial cables

You missed the word "circular".
    There are two different routes that supply the locality, in opposite directions.

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@FlorinMarian said:

@SirNeo said:

You missed the word "circular".
    There are two different routes that supply the locality, in opposite directions.

Don’t argue against everyone, just repeat that you’re not in the HA market and that your aim is to offer a lot for cheap for those who want and/or need that

You’re not competing against tier 3 facilities with staffed engineers 24/7 and automatic failover mechanisms

The more you focus on reability the more people will come at you

Just say it like it is: You want to cater to a market that don’t care about some downtime if that means a cheap server - that’s your market

Ain’t no point in proving that a cable cut couldn’t result in some hours of downtime, your target niche likely wouldn’t care if it’s not too recurring

Just make it good enough and cheap

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian iKeyZ
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@cybertech said:

@MrRadic said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!
    I preferred to remain silent during this entire period (5 days) because whatever I would have said would not have been in my favor.
    In short, I contracted a provider with non-guaranteed 2Gbps from which I can only upload and another provider with 150Mbps guaranteed with a best-effort of 1Gbps.
    Everything sounded fine until I realized that my connection does not exceed 150Mbps at all. There were about 5-10 technical teams at my place (I lost track of them, they were there even twice a day) to finally see that in the middle there was a elephant in the contract. What elephant? Simple, if you took non-guaranteed bandwidth (for which no BGP session can be offered), with 15 EUR per month you would have 1Gbps almost all the time on speedtest.net - That's what I thought too. "How cool! Well, if you get that speed for 15 EUR and non-guaranteed bandwidth, me with 150Mbps guaranteed and 65 EUR per subscription means that I will always have over 950Mbps!". The contract with guaranteed bandwidth hides the word "metropolitan" which means nothing more than the fact that you can reach speeds of over 150Mbps only in the national network of that operator.
    This is how I ended up signing a 900Mbps guaranteed bandwidth contract today, June 12, 2023, which is worth 25% more than I was paying for the colocation for the two servers where I had both internet traffic and energy consumption included.
    It's a lesson of mind but also an assumption in front of clients that I will give my best, since this passion of mine has eaten up all my savings and forces me to pay over 300 EUR monthly just for the internet , for 2 years (early termination of the contract would oblige me to pay the unfulfilled months of the contract).
    The bandwidth upgrade will be implemented tomorrow, because the signing of the contract and the installation cannot be on the same day.
    During this week I intend to come up with a new flash-sale to cover the assumed monthly costs, also considering the fact that I have passed the critical period.
    I wish you all a nice day!

Learning is part of the challenge. Having more control over everything will just give you the ability to scale better and faster.

next step closer to control would be laying his own submarine cables.

Is the next step manufacturing his own submarine cables?

close but not yet. he has conquer the raw materials supply chain first. glass fibres, plastics, steel etc.

eventually he will become Kang of the internet.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@SirFoxy said:
    Is the next step manufacturing his own submarine cables?

The next step is building his own network protocol.
    I have 6 years of experience, so he can buy me and I'll do it for him.
    Check price here..

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@FlorinMarian lots of this going around. Lots of business sales and IP ranges sales happening this month.

Although I feel for your customers with the short notice I do wish you the best of luck.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • Good Luck

Thanked by 2emgh FlorinMarian
  • @FlorinMarian said:
    During this week I intend to come up with a new flash-sale to cover the assumed monthly costs

Waiting for that!
    And please pictures of the rack.

• @ontheair said: And please pictures of the rack.

if its not wood, i do not want it.

@ontheair said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    During this week I intend to come up with a new flash-sale to cover the assumed monthly costs

Waiting for that!
    And please pictures of the rack.

Until the 3rd internet line arrives that will bring us between 500Mbps guaranteed 1 - Gbps best effort, we will not be able to take this step.

Only after I bought the KVM console that supports 4 servers in parallel and brought the servers home did I realize that they are not compatible because the console has PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard and the servers only have USB. I will buy some adapters, but at the moment the rack-mountable monitor is a piece of furniture.

The router on the left is the 2Gbps best-effort one, which is not used at all in the current infrastructure, but to supply the home with the Internet in case of a DDoS attack that could block the entire infrastructure, and the router on the right is called "ONT" (Optical Network Terminal) by the provider, although for to me, it's nothing more than an ordinary Wifi router in Bridge mode..

I also received the tracking number for the node with 8x E5-2680v4 and 24 caddies that will be filled with our SSDs of 1.2TB each.

I also have the RAM, 24x 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz (at least on the second delivery the seller packed them better).

• Thank you for the pictures!

So these two servers are currently the host machines for all of your customers?

@FlorinMarian said: Until the 3rd internet line arrives that will bring us between 500Mbps guaranteed 1 - Gbps best effort, we will not be able to take this step.

Ok, let us know!

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian
  • LeviLevi Member

It looks more and more like iptv piracy dungeon :D

Thanked by 1sgno1

@ontheair said:
    Thank you for the pictures!

So these two servers are currently the host machines for all of your customers?

@FlorinMarian said: Until the 3rd internet line arrives that will bring us between 500Mbps guaranteed 1 - Gbps best effort, we will not be able to take this step.

Ok, let us know!

Yes, the one which is "too long" is Storage Node with:
    2x E5-2698v3
    256GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
    4x 3TB
    8x 4TB
    2x 1TB SSD
    2x 1.2TB SSD
    and the another one has:
    2x E5-2699v3
    384GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
    6x Samsung PM893 1.92TB each

Thanked by 1ontheair

@LTniger said:
    It looks more and more like iptv piracy dungeon :D

You got me.
    Quickly order all the storage stock we have and put pirated content for IPTV and then I'll show you what nice wheels I got at Audi after I blocked your account for breaching the T&C (when you'll be reported) :)

• SirNeoSirNeo Member

Even if you ignore our advices i will give you one more advice (and the last one)

Don't keep things on the floor, you will never know when some water gets there. Also I think you need to keep servers upper in the rack (at least 10-20cm)

Thanked by 1sgno1

@SirNeo said:
    Even if you ignore our advices i will give you one more advice (and the last one)

Don't keep things on the floor, you will never know when some water gets there. Also I think you need to keep servers upper in the rack (at least 10-20cm)

Thanks for the advice, but it's one of the useless tips.
    If 300 liters of water reach the room, it is clear that I have more serious problems than the height at which the servers are located.
    The storage server was placed so low because it comes out of the rack being longer by about 15 centimeters and physics says that bulky objects stay on the ground, not at height.

• SirNeoSirNeo Member
    edited June 2023

You are so ignorant
    If 5L (not 300) reach on the floor the internet in the closet+home is going down

@SirNeo said:
    You are so ignorant
    If 5L (not 300) reach on the floor the internet in the closet+home is going down

I agree that the routers are not ok on the ground and I will fix them on the wall (either independently or on a shelf) when I get the 3rd device, but what you said the first time was too sci-fi.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

If one mouse reaches the room, the Internet in the closet and home is going down.
    Two very scary guard dogs will not catch the mouse.

Thanked by 2imgmoney adly
  • @yoursunny said:
    If one mouse reaches the room, the Internet in the closet and home is going down.
    Two very scary guard dogs will not catch the mouse.

Best invest in a cat too.

• caiicaii Member

That GPON piece of crap is for residential use. You can ask RDS to replace it with some older Huawei without wifi, which are more stable or you can buy some Mikrotik gear and emulate the GPON entirely.

A guy did this recently and posted all the steps here https://forum.softpedia.com/topic/1224124-net-de-la-digi-prin-sfp/

Anyway, nice job!

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian adly
  • @treesmokah said:

@ontheair said: And please pictures of the rack.

if its not wood, i do not want it.

That's what she said.