Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro - Migration in progress

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

@Mumbly said:

anyone, any idea?

@yoursunny said:

@Calin said:
    @AndreiGhesi i'm trust in @FlorinMarian dream , but if don't work , I m here for purchase all assets of company

Florin has identified me as his brother.
    If you purchase everything he has, you would have to buy me.
    The price is €200690 annually.

I thought we are not allowed to do that anymore but what do I know. YABS and looking glass please.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hey!
    I preferred to remain silent during this entire period (5 days) because whatever I would have said would not have been in my favor.
    In short, I contracted a provider with non-guaranteed 2Gbps from which I can only upload and another provider with 150Mbps guaranteed with a best-effort of 1Gbps.
    Everything sounded fine until I realized that my connection does not exceed 150Mbps at all. There were about 5-10 technical teams at my place (I lost track of them, they were there even twice a day) to finally see that in the middle there was a elephant in the contract. What elephant? Simple, if you took non-guaranteed bandwidth (for which no BGP session can be offered), with 15 EUR per month you would have 1Gbps almost all the time on speedtest.net - That's what I thought too. "How cool! Well, if you get that speed for 15 EUR and non-guaranteed bandwidth, me with 150Mbps guaranteed and 65 EUR per subscription means that I will always have over 950Mbps!". The contract with guaranteed bandwidth hides the word "metropolitan" which means nothing more than the fact that you can reach speeds of over 150Mbps only in the national network of that operator.
    This is how I ended up signing a 900Mbps guaranteed bandwidth contract today, June 12, 2023, which is worth 25% more than I was paying for the colocation for the two servers where I had both internet traffic and energy consumption included.
    It's a lesson of mind but also an assumption in front of clients that I will give my best, since this passion of mine has eaten up all my savings and forces me to pay over 300 EUR monthly just for the internet , for 2 years (early termination of the contract would oblige me to pay the unfulfilled months of the contract).
    The bandwidth upgrade will be implemented tomorrow, because the signing of the contract and the installation cannot be on the same day.
    During this week I intend to come up with a new flash-sale to cover the assumed monthly costs, also considering the fact that I have passed the critical period.
    I wish you all a nice day!

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

@FlorinMarian said: Everything sounded fine until I realized that my connection does not exceed 150Mbps at all. There were about 5-10 technical teams at my place (I lost track of them, they were there even twice a day) to finally see that in the middle there was a elephant in the contract. What elephant? Simple, if you took non-guaranteed bandwidth (for which no BGP session can be offered), with 15 EUR per month you would have 1Gbps almost all the time on speedtest.net - That's what I thought too. "How cool! Well, if you get that speed for 15 EUR and non-guaranteed bandwidth, me with 150Mbps guaranteed and 65 EUR per subscription means that I will always have over 950Mbps!". The contract with guaranteed bandwidth hides the word "metropolitan" which means nothing more than the fact that you can reach speeds of over 150Mbps only in the national network of that operator.

Welcome to the party ! ! !

See when you're going to make a lot of traffic across Asia and similar regions, and your provider is going to cut the perring with the ISP you have the most traffic. Real fun party

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!
    I preferred to remain silent during this entire period (5 days) because whatever I would have said would not have been in my favor.
    In short, I contracted a provider with non-guaranteed 2Gbps from which I can only upload and another provider with 150Mbps guaranteed with a best-effort of 1Gbps.
    Everything sounded fine until I realized that my connection does not exceed 150Mbps at all. There were about 5-10 technical teams at my place (I lost track of them, they were there even twice a day) to finally see that in the middle there was a elephant in the contract. What elephant? Simple, if you took non-guaranteed bandwidth (for which no BGP session can be offered), with 15 EUR per month you would have 1Gbps almost all the time on speedtest.net - That's what I thought too. "How cool! Well, if you get that speed for 15 EUR and non-guaranteed bandwidth, me with 150Mbps guaranteed and 65 EUR per subscription means that I will always have over 950Mbps!". The contract with guaranteed bandwidth hides the word "metropolitan" which means nothing more than the fact that you can reach speeds of over 150Mbps only in the national network of that operator.
    This is how I ended up signing a 900Mbps guaranteed bandwidth contract today, June 12, 2023, which is worth 25% more than I was paying for the colocation for the two servers where I had both internet traffic and energy consumption included.
    It's a lesson of mind but also an assumption in front of clients that I will give my best, since this passion of mine has eaten up all my savings and forces me to pay over 300 EUR monthly just for the internet , for 2 years (early termination of the contract would oblige me to pay the unfulfilled months of the contract).
    The bandwidth upgrade will be implemented tomorrow, because the signing of the contract and the installation cannot be on the same day.
    During this week I intend to come up with a new flash-sale to cover the assumed monthly costs, also considering the fact that I have passed the critical period.

Almost everyone warned you about this. I thought it would take you longer to figure out that hosting servers in your home was a bad idea - just five days, wow.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian adly

@LowHosting said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Almost everyone warned you about this. I thought it would take you longer to figure out that hosting servers in your home was a bad idea - just five days, wow.

There are pluses and minuses. And in DC I would still have paid €30 plus VAT to have 100Mbps guaranteed.
    The difference is that there I would not have taken this step because it would not have been easy to recover this amount by hosting only two servers.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

@LowHosting the real circ will start when you have problems with humidity, noise (over 80 DB for simple exhaust fans) and lot of things
    Not to mention when you get to own 15+ servers, from 15 servers I started making plans to rent a small hall

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • Let's see how this will work out when you have paying customers reporting network and latency issues ;)

@malignify said:
    Let's see how this will work out when you have paying customers reporting inetwork and latency issues ;)

The ISP is the same as in the old DC.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@malignify said:
    Let's see how this will work out when you have paying customers reporting inetwork and latency issues ;)

The ISP is the same as in the old DC.

Yes and this isn't a DC ;)

Thanked by 1adly
  • VoidVoid Member

DC charged you too much, you started your own DC. ISP charging you too much ? Start your own internet. Don’t give up that easily. Show them who’s the boss.

• LeviLevi Member

In the end of the day: olx.ro and buy new rims for quatro tdi. EZPZ.

Thanked by 1AndreiGhesi
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

You should keep in mind that residential ISPs most likely rely heavily on local peering. Make sure you're getting 1Gbit/s symmetrical for outside your country as well.

• @AlexBarakov said: You should keep in mind that residential ISPs most likely rely heavily on local peering.

Depends on the country, but generally yes.
    I sometimes have to switch to a VPN that has peering with my resi ISP to be able to get reasonable speeds to outside.

@jmaxwell said:

DC charged you too much, you started your own DC. ISP charging you too much ? Start your own internet. Don’t give up that easily. Show them who’s the boss.

Don't worry, I already did that.
    The network is called LAN and anyone who wants to join it can do so for a fee.
    It costs 1 euro per minute to get access to the 192.168.0.0/16 subnet which is part of internet.hazi.ro

Or wait.. was it called intranet?

• do you have any anti-ddos on site?
    or if someone ddoses one of your clients you entire house(data center) is cut off?

• @treesmokah said: do you have any anti-ddos on site?

Pull The Plug DDOS Protection.

edited June 2023

@treesmokah said:
    do you have any anti-ddos on site?
    or if someone ddoses one of your clients you entire house(data center) is cut off?

We have a basic AntiDDoS protection provided by the ISP and one developed by us through the IDS mechanism through which we also block scans on port 22 (you have no idea how many hacking attempts we have per day).
    Initially, we try not to use the blackhole method, nor to limit the traffic of the attacked party to a ridiculous limit, as it happens at the old datacenter (20Mbps when an attack was detected and the UDP traffic was cut, whether the attack was real or false-positive ).
    We will certainly adapt along the way depending on the situation.

• Its time to sell that Audi my friend..

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Learning is part of the challenge. Having more control over everything will just give you the ability to scale better and faster.

• @MrRadic said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Learning is part of the challenge. Having more control over everything will just give you the ability to scale better and faster.

next step closer to control would be laying his own submarine cables.

• @cybertech said:

@MrRadic said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

i'd start with placing them in baltic from Czech Republic side.

• @cybertech said:

@MrRadic said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Hey!

Is the next step manufacturing his own submarine cables?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

Does Romania not have home invasions like the US? I would never in my life keep thousands (and thousands) of dollars of technical equipment in my house, especially for business purposes.

Asking to get robbed where I live... and it's in the Midwest where everyone knows everyone has a gun in their house.

I'd think one of the biggest benefits of a datacenter isn't just the redundancy it provides... but the security and peace of mind.

• @SirFoxy said:
    Does Romania not have home invasions like the US? I would never in my life keep thousands (and thousands) of dollars of technical equipment in my house, especially for business purposes.

Asking to get robbed where I live... and it's in the Midwest where everyone knows everyone has a gun in their house.

I'd think one of the biggest benefits of a datacenter isn't just the redundancy it provides... but the security and peace of mind.

yeah, now im gonna steal unreleased path article to release it faster.

• @treesmokah said:

@SirFoxy said:

Are you gonna throw a rock through Florins window and steal his customers SSDs?

• @SirFoxy said:

@treesmokah said:

@SirFoxy said:

Are you gonna throw a rock through Florins window and steal his customers SSDs?

if they contain path article, i will consider it.

however florin mentioned he has a very scary guard dogs, so i may get scared and run away.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy sgno1
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

Hold your horses, buddy! He lives in remote village near the church where everybody knows each other and no one locks the doors.
    The last recorded robbery happened in 1964 when someone stole apple pie from a neighbor's window ledge.
    Besides that, he has 2 huge dogs in front of the house and a grandmother who never leaves the house. Your server will be perfectly safe!

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said: Does Romania not have home invasions like the US? I would never in my life keep thousands (and thousands) of dollars of technical equipment in my house, especially for business purposes.

Don't worry Sir, he got you covered. I'm pretty sure it will be TIER 2 or even TIER 3 DC.

@FlorinMarian said: The acquisition process of surveillance cameras is a full process (with images stored in the cloud, remote). Until then: the power generator was locked, the two fighting dogs were placed one in front and one behind the house (a German shepherd and a Cane Corso) that make enough noise for someone to go outside (the servers are put in a corner of the house, with two exterior walls and 2 bedrooms around - it's impossible not to hear that someone is outside).

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@febryanvaldo said:

@SirFoxy said: Does Romania not have home invasions like the US? I would never in my life keep thousands (and thousands) of dollars of technical equipment in my house, especially for business purposes.

Don't worry Sir, he got you covered. I'm pretty sure it will be TIER 2 or even TIER 3 DC.

@FlorinMarian said: The acquisition process of surveillance cameras is a full process (with images stored in the cloud, remote). Until then: the power generator was locked, the two fighting dogs were placed one in front and one behind the house (a German shepherd and a Cane Corso) that make enough noise for someone to go outside (the servers are put in a corner of the house, with two exterior walls and 2 bedrooms around - it's impossible not to hear that someone is outside).

"It's impossible not to hear that someone is outside."

Understood, Florin using Instacart and DoorDash to eat instead of leaving the house will elevate the tier of the datacenter.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    which is worth 25% more than I was paying for the colocation for the two servers where I had both internet traffic and energy consumption included.
    It's a lesson of mind but also an assumption in front of clients that I will give my best, since this passion of mine has eaten up all my savings and forces me to pay over 300 EUR monthly just for the internet

So you invested 10k+ euro to pay more for internet at home to host the same servers. I don't want to be in your shoes.

Sorry.

Thanked by 2yoursunny adly