Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi, KS-LE and more interesting - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi, KS-LE and more interesting

Comments

• They offer cheapest Intel Atom, what can I do with this CPU?

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Peppery9 said:
    I've also got a spare KS-LE1 in GRA1. 32GB, 2x960GB SSD, 1g/100m ipv4, 1g/1g IPv6 available. Renews on 2 July.

It's on an OVH AU account, not sure if I can transfer to EU accounts or not.

I am interested. please check DM

• @plumberg said:

@Peppery9 said:
    I've also got a spare KS-LE1 in GRA1. 32GB, 2x960GB SSD, 1g/100m ipv4, 1g/1g IPv6 available. Renews on 2 July.

Oh dam. I am with us account. Need one. Worth trying?

Sorry everyone else that DMed - @plumberg was the first in. It seemed to accept the US account fine, enjoy your box!

• @Captcha said:
    If anyone wants to transfer a 1gbit KS-LE, just drop me a msg. :)

I'm still looking for a 1000/1000 box with EU-Account. IPv4 and IPv6 would be nice but not mandatory. Other specs don't matter.

• balljballj Member

If anyone is getting rid of a KS-LE box with 32GB ram let me know :)

• @Peppery9 said:

@plumberg said:

@Peppery9 said:

Sorry everyone else that DMed - @plumberg was the first in. It seemed to accept the US account fine, enjoy your box!

got the request and accepted @Peppery9 Appreciate it. Once I get it on my account, will update.

• looking for KS-LE in EU 32GB 2x960GB SSD, pm me if any spare

• rdesrdes Member
    edited June 2023

Also looking for KS-LE with 32 GB/960 GB. If anybody wants to transfer please PM me.
    EU account.

• @Peppery9 said:

@plumberg said:

@Peppery9 said:

Received the Server - Txfer completed. Thanks @Peppery9

• Looking for KS-LE with 32 GB/960 GB. If anybody wants to transfer please PM me.

EU account.

• Nick81Nick81 Member

I have one ks-le for transfer. eu account.
    Last deal from kimsufi, 480gb/16gb ip4 up 100mbit/all else 1gbit, renewal price is 12.99e. Next renewal in month.
    PM me if anyone is interested.

• adnsadns Member

KS-LE was available for a very long one second:D
    Someone was very fast.
    Any yabs from this exclusive server?:D

• @adns said:
    KS-LE was available for a very long one second:D
    Someone was very fast.
    Any yabs from this exclusive server?:D

how did you get notified? even for the 1 looong second?

• Looks like the Kimsufi e3-1245v2 with 16gb and 2x480gb ssd is now offered at standard pricing of 12.99 eur and its in stock now.. this was the 'special price' a few weeks ago.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Looks like the Kimsufi e3-1245v2 with 16gb and 2x480gb ssd is now offered at standard pricing of 12.99 eur and its in stock now.. this was the 'special price' a few weeks ago.

Can't seem to see in stock. Link?

• @plumberg said:

@JoeMerit said:
    Looks like the Kimsufi e3-1245v2 with 16gb and 2x480gb ssd is now offered at standard pricing of 12.99 eur and its in stock now.. this was the 'special price' a few weeks ago.

https://eco.ovhcloud.com/fr/ , its the server listed at 12.99 euro with 12.99 euro setup fee. Currently available in France.

• @JoeMerit said:

@plumberg said:

@JoeMerit said:

https://eco.ovhcloud.com/fr/ , its the server listed at 12.99 euro with 12.99 euro setup fee. Currently available in France.

ahh - i see. seems the site is broken or stock is not updated...

"Sorry, the selected server or configuration is no longer available" is what I see anytime I go and try to order

• Oops, sorry. I didn't try to order it. I assumed it was available because I have the filter on that is supposed to only show available servers.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • adnsadns Member
    edited June 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    Oops, sorry. I didn't try to order it. I assumed it was available because I have the filter on that is supposed to only show available servers.

There's an error on their site and they list this config but no longer orderable. I think that they will remove it as the KS-LE-1 and might be available at a later time. Or not. But I think that they will not forgot the low-end line because this forum confirms that a dedi under 16 Euros is very temptating. Above this range (16--20) the interesting is smaller. 100M bandwidth above 15--20 Eur in my opinion not too much in 2023 but luckily at OVH it is realy unlimited.

• @JoeMerit said:

They had tons of xeon e3 in trash to recycle, dont know if there are any lottery this time.

• ZreindZreind Member
    edited June 2023

@bangudopw said:

@JoeMerit said:

They had tons of xeon e3 in trash to recycle, dont know if there are any lottery this time.

There aren't any stock in 12.99 KS-LE.

• ShamliShamli Member

Thats sata hdd...the promo were ssd....

• adnsadns Member

@Shamli said:
    Thats sata hdd...the promo were ssd....

That is a mistake on OVH website. It writes HDD but the API confirms that it is a mistake. And 480 GB HDD is not a regular size.

Thanked by 2plumberg Shamli
  • Anyone got windows setup on the ks-le ssd? Any pointers,?

• fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited June 2023

@plumberg said:
    Anyone got windows setup on the ks-le ssd? Any pointers,?

Not on this one but I installed Server 2019 back then on the original KS-LE with the e5 CPU. I used the official ISO which I downloaded from Microsoft and installed it via QEMU on rescue, with the SDDs passed through and VNC enabled, there are guides to do this. I had to download the drivers for the ethernet adaptor if I remember correctly, but since the new e3 KS-LE has a desktop motherboard it may (or may not) be supported out of the box.

EDIT: I do remember that RDP was shite at the beginning, but as soon as I forced RDP to use TCP instead of UDP, it started working well.

EDIT2: I may have followed THIS blog post, it rings a bell, but I'm not so sure anymore.

EDIT3: LOL, it's your own blog post.

• @fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:
    Anyone got windows setup on the ks-le ssd? Any pointers,?

Not on this one but I installed Server 2019 back then on the original KS-LE with the e5 CPU. I used the official ISO which I downloaded from Microsoft and installed it via QEMU on rescue, with the SDDs passed through and VNC enabled, there are guides to do this. I had to download the drivers for the ethernet adaptor if I remember correctly, but since the new e3 KS-LE has a desktop motherboard it may (or may not) be supported out of the box.

EDIT: I do remember that RDP was shite at the beginning, but as soon as I forced RDP to use TCP instead of UDP, it started working well.

EDIT2: I may have followed THIS blog post, it rings a bell, but I'm not so sure anymore.

EDIT3: LOL, it's your own blog post.

Lol yeh. I just tried my own instructions, but seems it's not working as expected. It's been a long time and m not sure how to even troubleshoot the issue anymore. Windows loads up fine on qemu but after applying the drivers et all, and restarting via hdd, doesn't seem to come up...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

You could just run Proxmox with a large Windows VM, and have plenty of space left for other things as well.

• @rm_ said:
    You could just run Proxmox with a large Windows VM, and have plenty of space left for other things as well.

Hmm. True. That's the last option. I was able to at one time get win server setup and running from iso on Kimsufi ks5 I believe.

Got it working in the 2tb ks-le without issues.

Now this ssd ks-le is where I am stuck and even my guide doesn't seem to work.

• @plumberg said:

@rm_ said:

Hmm. True. That's the last option. I was able to at one time get win server setup and running from iso on Kimsufi ks5 I believe.

the simple solution is to sell it to me

• @SirFoxy said:

@plumberg said:

@rm_ said:

the simple solution is to sell it to me

Hahahaha...

But yeh if nothing works out it may come for transfer eventually

Thanked by 1SirFoxy