Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi, KS-LE and more interesting - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi, KS-LE and more interesting

Comments

• Just got one KS-LE. Specs as specified, no bonus, so I won't try another one for this batch. On June 1st I got double SSD by "luck" but so did others. It's possible that the one they sell now are more consistent with the original spec.

• ordered one to see, delivery under one hour. It's in RBX and doesn't have any bonus (16GB, 2x480GB, 100Mbps UP). I let it go.

• @fredo1664 said:
    ordered one to see, delivery under one hour. It's in RBX and doesn't have any bonus (16GB, 2x480GB, 100Mbps UP). I let it go.

@neozaru said:
    Just got one KS-LE. Specs as specified, no bonus, so I won't try another one for this batch. On June 1st I got double SSD by "luck" but so did others. It's possible that the one they sell now are more consistent with the original spec.

Maybe these are the one don't have any bonuses so previous owners cancel...

• I have 2 KS-LE, one in RBX3 and one in GRA1
    In a spirit of DRP, I'm looking for a third KS-LE but not in these DC and not in BHS.
    Does someone got a server in Roubaix, Strasbourg, Gravelines but not in the DC above please?
    P.S. I don't care if it is a lucky config or not. I have already one and it is more than required by my needs
    Thank you

• adnsadns Member
    edited June 2023

@Hakim said:

@Hakim said:
    Checking my luck. Will update once delivered.

Delivered with the advertised config.

Waited four days and you got only the advertised specs? Hmmm> @Nick81 said:

Actually I did 2TB instead of 1TB hdd but 8 years old one, waiting to die so they can swap it with 1TB. :smile:

I think that you have the > @lebidule said:

I have 2 KS-LE, one in RBX3 and one in GRA1
    In a spirit of DRP, I'm looking for a third KS-LE but not in these DC and not in BHS.
    Does someone got a server in Roubaix, Strasbourg, Gravelines but not in the DC above please?
    P.S. I don't care if it is a lucky config or not. I have already one and it is more than required by my needs
    Thank you

I activated a few KS-LE and KS-LE-1 earlier (and I transfered these to my friends). They're always in GRA1 or RBX3. In my opinion OVH places the limited edition machines very near to others. My and my friends's GRA servers always in racks G111Axx.

Interesting question that will they create same LE offers in the near future? Firstly the e3-1245 v2 + 800 GB SSD + 32 GB RAM appeared in the 2022 BlackFriday so I think when enough users cancels their LEs OVH will advertise it again.

• Thx for your input :)
    So I keep my third server as KS1 in RBX5 for backup only (which has 2Tb HDD for free)

• @fredo1664 said:
    KS-LE available on the website again (even though the promotion is over). Maybe someone cancelled one.

is there a direct link to order it for the USA world account?

Thanked by 1netsujit
  • @plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:
    KS-LE available on the website again (even though the promotion is over). Maybe someone cancelled one.

It's no longer available, it lasted a couple hours max.

• @fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

I understand. I wanna check the url periodically should it be available

• fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited June 2023

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

I never tried that but maybe if you manually edit the link that was given in the OP (which is for ovhcloud.ie) and make it match what you have in your country (for international in USD I believe it's us.ovh.com/us/) ? I don't know if it can be that simple.
    Here for us.ovhcloud.com/us/ : LINK

• @fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

@plumberg said:

@fredo1664 said:

I never tried that but maybe if you manually edit the link that was given in the OP (which is for ovhcloud.ie) and make it match what you have in your country (for international in USD I believe it's us.ovh.com/us/) ? I don't know if it can be that simple.
    Here for us.ovhcloud.com/us/ : LINK

Exactly what I was looking for.. not sure if this url is accurate or not...

• got a BHS KS-LE today, 32gb ram, 2x960GB and 1gbit on ipv6 both ways.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited June 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    got a BHS KS-LE today, 32gb ram, 2x960GB and 1gbit on ipv6 both ways.

Kool
    Need link to order in US account

• If anyone wants to transfer a 1gbit KS-LE, just drop me a msg. :)

• I ordered a KS-LE in France yesterday too while it was still in stock, and no delivery yet, waiting to see if its got the extras...

• @JoeMerit said:
    I ordered a KS-LE in France yesterday too while it was still in stock, and no delivery yet, waiting to see if its got the extras...

Same

• hopefully they are building us fresh servers with 32gb and 2x960gb ssd

• @JoeMerit said:
    hopefully they are building us fresh servers with 32gb and 2x960gb ssd

You forget 1Gbps port both ways

Thanked by 1adns
  • @Luke007 was asking a while ago in this thread about igpu. While messing around with my KS-LE (e3 1245v2) I found this, so I think the igpu is not disabled (?):

# lspci | grep ' VGA ' | cut -d" " -f 1 | xargs -i lspci -v -s {}
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
            DeviceName: Intel(R) HD Graphics Device
            Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 2002
            Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
            Memory at fe000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
            Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
            I/O ports at f000 [size=64]
            Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]
            Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
            Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
            Capabilities: [a4] PCI Advanced Features
            Kernel modules: i915

• Nick81Nick81 Member

@JoeMerit said:

And all that for 12.99e :smile:

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@vovler said:

@OhJohn said:

Not for 2023 flash sale models... while checkservers is accurate on older models, the list of models does not get updated at the moment. @vovler are you in charge of checkservers?

@ all:

can anyone please run an ecc check for RAM on the KS-LE you got, esp. France?

dmidecode -t 17 is probably the right one to check.

no I'm not. why would I be? that'd be @Vova1234 most likely

Yes, hands do not reach to update through constant work with orders. I will do everything soon. The ECO they released is simply the worst they've ever done. It would be better to continue with SoYouStart and Kimsufi.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2023

@JoeMerit said:

May be true... - just got one delivered now with 2x 960GB SSD's and 32GB RAM in it. :lol:

edit:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Jun 12 12:37:20 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 2012.359 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 878.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
    VM Type    : NONE
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : OVH SAS
    ASN        : AS16276 OVH SAS
    Host       : OVH SAS
    Location   : Roubaix, Hauts-de-France (HDF)
    Country    : France

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 225.63 MB/s  (56.4k) | 238.66 MB/s   (3.7k)
    Write      | 226.23 MB/s  (56.5k) | 239.91 MB/s   (3.7k)
    Total      | 451.87 MB/s (112.9k) | 478.58 MB/s   (7.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 308.54 MB/s    (602) | 321.13 MB/s    (313)
    Write      | 324.93 MB/s    (634) | 342.52 MB/s    (334)
    Total      | 633.48 MB/s   (1.2k) | 663.65 MB/s    (647)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 95.2 Mbits/sec  | 933 Mbits/sec   | 4.44 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 95.3 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 4.20 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 95.2 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 10.9 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 31.8 Mbits/sec  | 738 Mbits/sec   | 90.0 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 34.4 Mbits/sec  | 862 Mbits/sec   | 78.5 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 26.2 Mbits/sec  | 401 Mbits/sec   | 115 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 19.4 Mbits/sec  | 462 Mbits/sec   | 139 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 507 Mbits/sec   | 400 Mbits/sec   | 4.21 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 529 Mbits/sec   | 440 Mbits/sec   | 4.23 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 215 Mbits/sec   | 895 Mbits/sec   | 10.8 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 188 Mbits/sec   | 140 Mbits/sec   | 89.8 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 210 Mbits/sec   | 80.1 Mbits/sec  | 78.4 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 94.2 Mbits/sec  | 98.4 Mbits/sec  | 115 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 94.5 Mbits/sec  | 30.3 Mbits/sec  | 139 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 763
    Multi Core      | 2655
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1571260

• @iKeyZ said:

@JoeMerit said:

May be true... - just got one delivered now with 2x 960GB SSD's and 32GB RAM in it. :lol:

edit:

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Jun 12 12:37:20 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 2012.359 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 878.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
    VM Type    : NONE
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : OVH SAS
    ASN        : AS16276 OVH SAS
    Host       : OVH SAS
    Location   : Roubaix, Hauts-de-France (HDF)
    Country    : France

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 225.63 MB/s  (56.4k) | 238.66 MB/s   (3.7k)
    Write      | 226.23 MB/s  (56.5k) | 239.91 MB/s   (3.7k)
    Total      | 451.87 MB/s (112.9k) | 478.58 MB/s   (7.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 308.54 MB/s    (602) | 321.13 MB/s    (313)
    Write      | 324.93 MB/s    (634) | 342.52 MB/s    (334)
    Total      | 633.48 MB/s   (1.2k) | 663.65 MB/s    (647)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 95.2 Mbits/sec  | 933 Mbits/sec   | 4.44 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 95.3 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 4.20 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 95.2 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 10.9 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 31.8 Mbits/sec  | 738 Mbits/sec   | 90.0 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 34.4 Mbits/sec  | 862 Mbits/sec   | 78.5 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 26.2 Mbits/sec  | 401 Mbits/sec   | 115 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 19.4 Mbits/sec  | 462 Mbits/sec   | 139 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 507 Mbits/sec   | 400 Mbits/sec   | 4.21 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 529 Mbits/sec   | 440 Mbits/sec   | 4.23 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 215 Mbits/sec   | 895 Mbits/sec   | 10.8 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 188 Mbits/sec   | 140 Mbits/sec   | 89.8 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 210 Mbits/sec   | 80.1 Mbits/sec  | 78.4 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 94.2 Mbits/sec  | 98.4 Mbits/sec  | 115 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 94.5 Mbits/sec  | 30.3 Mbits/sec  | 139 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 763
    Multi Core      | 2655
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1571260

1Gpbs on ipv6 too

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@phucvandinh said:

@iKeyZ said:

1Gpbs on ipv6 too

Been pretty lucky with this one I think

• rdesrdes Member

If anyone want to transfer LE-1 in GRA/RBX/SBG with 2x960 GB and 32 GB please pm me :). EU OVH account.

• @iKeyZ said:

@JoeMerit said:

RBX3 ?

• @rdes said:
    If anyone want to transfer LE-1 in GRA/RBX/SBG with 2x960 GB and 32 GB please pm me :). EU OVH account.

I have one 😛, if you still need

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Does OVH still do transfers? Some said before that they stopped allowing that. What is required from both parties to do a transfer?

• @rm_ said:
    Does OVH still do transfers? Some said before that they stopped allowing that. What is required from both parties to do a transfer?

Yeah… I thought they stopped, but, if they still do then I’m definitely interested in a LE-1 in NA.

• adnsadns Member
    edited June 2023

@lebidule said:
    Thx for your input :)
    So I keep my third server as KS1 in RBX5 for backup only (which has 2Tb HDD for free)

Do not forget that other DC does not mean a high distance at OVH. The Strasbourg fire damaged the other all SBG DCs because they are too near.> @Captcha said:

If anyone wants to transfer a 1gbit KS-LE, just drop me a msg. :)

@Nick81 said:

@JoeMerit said:

And all that for 12.99e :smile:

Kimsufi is very good for this price, I have KS-LE-1 with IPv6 duplex gigabit and IPv4 1000 down 100 up, 960 GB SSDs and 32 GB RAM> @rm_ said:

To do a transfer, your and the other customer's accounts are need to be in same region (E.G. EU, OVH IE account (product location does not matter)). If two accounts in same region, simply login, click to the server, click on contacts (where technical, billing and ovner appears) and change everything to the new account NIC Handle (xxx-ovh). After transfer started, the seller and buyer need to confirm that and after a few seconds, product is at the new owner. Data aren't affected so if an old OS installed, a manual reinstall or boot into rescue needed.

Edit: On IPv6 1/1 Gbps machines, can you reach the gigabit speed? On my old KS-LE-1 (from BlackFriday) I can reach it in EU and inside OVH EU network but on the actual KS LEs the speed nearer to 300--500 Mbps. Am I the only one who affected by this? For this price it is acceptable but interesting...

Thanked by 1lebidule