Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They Finally Shut It Down - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They Finally Shut It Down

124»

Comments

• @spammy said:

@Ympker said:
    Might make more people join cheap YT Premium "Families", or get YT Premium via cheap VPN sub. That way YT will make a bit more revenue, but not too much.

which country is the cheapest these days after FX translation? Had YT Prem India before but my CC kept getting rejected and the plan was cancelled :(

Turkey

• I think ad-blocking can be stopped tbh.

Twitch managed to do it

• For $10 a month youtube premium or whatever it's call is worth it for never ending content.

However, I completely understand not wanting to support this company and their oppressive, New World Order nonsense.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@sidewinder said:
    For $10 a month youtube premium or whatever it's call is worth it for never ending content.

However, I completely understand not wanting to support this company and their oppressive, New World Order nonsense.

The most annoying part about premium is that doesn't skip some of the super lengthy in video ads from the creators themselves like some adblockers do.

• @hostnoob said:
    I think ad-blocking can be stopped tbh.

Twitch managed to do it

There are still ways around the current Twitch ad-blocks. I don't watch Twitch much but I haven't seen an ad on there in years.

• somiksomik Member

@SocksAreComfortable said:

@hostnoob said:
    I think ad-blocking can be stopped tbh.

Twitch managed to do it

There are still ways around the current Twitch ad-blocks. I don't watch Twitch much but I haven't seen an ad on there in years.

There are still ways to "play" the video in a hidden frame and mute the audio. It is technically ad-blocking, since you do not see it, even when the ads are forced. That will be the last resort if they decide to go the "wait x seconds before the video starts" route that many filehosts went.

And like the filehosts, I hope they crash and burn.

• xrayxray Barred

Frontend shutdown is always unstable, people will find new way to bypass this.