Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They Finally Shut It Down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

They Finally Shut It Down

Comments

• @asterisk14 said:
    "And it all comes as Google wrestles with the handling of ad and content blockers in Chrome; the web giant is trying to move the browser extensions to a new API, dubbed Manifest v3, that protects users from malicious add-ons but may limit the effectiveness of blockers."

So Google will try to prevent ad-blocking extensions in Chrome! MS spyware Windows yesterday stopped me runing Produkey to find out what my license key for windows was, kept stopping it from running and then deleteing the file without asking me.

This software is getting more and more intrusive which is getting on my nerves. I paid for MS spyware Windoze and other programs so how dare you stop me running them!

Are you talking about Defender? Because that's not the OS and can be disabled, easily. Don't you get computer lessons in high school these days?

I get annoyed when people are surprised Microsoft improved security over XP after so much shit was put on Microsoft for having 300 million hacked Chinese XP users. They were targeted as potentially causing the end of the Internet and then naive 14 year olds whine something was done about it. FFS

• patropatro Member

As long as you are using opensource software (OS, Browser, ...), there always will be ways to bypass everything. The only problem is frequency of changing the method. If they change the way they detect adblock every day then it will become so hard to keep adblocks feasible.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited May 2023

@mrTom said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    They can be "missing" but as far as the computer sees it. is that the ad just didn't load due to slow internet.

But the "Computer" can have a program running that checks for missing components and refuse to deliver the requested content in this case.

That's how adblockers are identified by websites.....

No. They can tell an ad blocker is used because you don't get/download a resource (I.e, hidden pixels) that you would have without an ad blocker. They simply don't allow the desired content to be loaded unless they can see you also downloaded a test resource.

Edit: I might have misunderstood and that's what you meant. If "computer" was the server and not the client like I thought you both were saying.

You're thinking like 2010 basic. It's been a cat and mouse game forever and advanced much beyond simple shit.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Kassem said: Can it replace Spotify at all with discovery and auto customized playlists?

I've never used Spotify but YT Music does have playlists and auto-play, start a radio, etc.

My biggest gripe with it is that it does not segregate music from video playlists. I have dozens of play lists so scrolling through everything is a pain. I think I'm going to prepend 🎶 or something to the start of music playlists so they sort together.

@mrTom said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    I wonder how that works against something like PiHole...

Doesn't really matter how stuff is blocked. It should be easy to check if all components of a page were loaded. Many websites do it.

I think PiHole was more successful when ads came from third-party or at least a separate server. When everything comes from cdn.facebook.com, it's hard to know what to block.

• davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

Oh it's simple, you block *.facebook.com. Last I logged in was in 2011.
    To go the extra mile you could also block reddit, instagram, telegram, and flush the phone down the toilet a-la Richard Stallman stile. You see, the healthiness of a diet based on staple poison doesn't depend on the condiment. Personally, I still have the phone but I only trust it as a reliable paperweight. Literalllllly.

(slava cokaine)

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

Lol

Before

A thread about a new Vultr datacenter ..

.. had to be closed because of anger towards jews

Now

A thread about YouTube and ads ..

.. @angstrom has to spend his time removing stuff about jews

Might as well just create a ”jew” sub-category

Or just have it be the main one with server stuff being ”off-topic”

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited May 2023

@emgh said:
    Lol

Before

Now

Why do you care about jews so much?
    Also, there was not a single world about jews in your thread, rather about Israel mate.

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said:

@emgh said:
    Lol

Before

Now

Why do you care about jews so much?

Hey, you posted jew stuff here, right? And it got removed?

Why would my comment about that make me care more?

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited May 2023

@emgh said: Hey, you posted jew stuff here, right? And it got removed?

I posted an image saying "shut it down", not a single word about jews.

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said:

@emgh said: Hey, you posted jew stuff here, right? And it got removed?

I posted an image saying "shut it down", not a single world about jews.

Crazy how saying ”shut it down” would get removed

I’ll try, just to see if that’s it: ”shut it down”

• @emgh said: Crazy how saying ”shut it down” would get removed

right?

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said:

@emgh said: Crazy how saying ”shut it down” would get removed

right?

Weird, my comment is still up

• they could bring back dislike counter in premium version I'm pretty sure many people will subscribe including me , but for now i only use ad blocker bcs i barely use youtube

• emghemgh Member

@Monkey_d_luffy said:
    they could bring back dislike counter in premium version I'm pretty sure many people will subscribe including me , but for now i only use ad blocker bcs i barely use youtube

Profit off of the urge for toxicity

I like it

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said: I think PiHole was more successful when ads came from third-party or at least a separate server. When everything comes from cdn.facebook.com, it's hard to know what to block.

I guess I haven't been paying much attention. If vising say a different website other than FB. In that case everything for ads would load from cdn.fb wouldn't it?

• I guess it was a matter of time, before they implement this kind of system. its been constant cat and mouse game between adblockers for years. I guess enough is enough. and they are now trying to push users to get the premium subscription.

• somiksomik Member

@emgh said:

@Monkey_d_luffy said:
    they could bring back dislike counter in premium version I'm pretty sure many people will subscribe including me , but for now i only use ad blocker bcs i barely use youtube

Profit off of the urge for toxicity

I like it

It would also help people realize the video is fake/spam or is not worth their time... I miss the dislike button...

@chakraxzz said:
    I guess it was a matter of time, before they implement this kind of system. its been constant cat and mouse game between adblockers for years. I guess enough is enough. and they are now trying to push users to get the premium subscription.

Still wont be paying google. Adblock all the way or will just find a new video sharing platform.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I’m fine with Invidious.

• somiksomik Member

@DP said:
    I’m fine with Invidious.

I WANT IT!!!

Did not know such a thing existed. Now I'm busy deploying it on my server. Thanks!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@somik said:

@DP said:
    I’m fine with Invidious.

I WANT IT!!!

Did not know such a thing existed. Now I'm busy deploying it on my server. Thanks!

@MannDude is running one as well, IIRC.

Thanked by 1somik
  • @spammy said:
    which country is the cheapest these days after FX translation? Had YT Prem India before but my CC kept getting rejected and the plan was cancelled :(

I'm currently paying about 3 USD/mo for family premium using Argentina pricing. Well worth the price for ones with iPhones.

Argentina is also currently having an inflation crisis so the price has been going down.

• somiksomik Member

@DP said:

@somik said:

@DP said:
    I’m fine with Invidious.

I WANT IT!!!

@MannDude is running one as well, IIRC.

I got one up and running as well. I don't really like the UI as the video frame is very small. I preferto run the video from edge to edge. For youtube, I use the plugin "Enhancer for youtube" to expand the video. Hope to find similar for "Invidious" as well.

Thanks! Tried out this demo before setting up one for my personal use on my VM node.

Thanked by 14pple5auc3
  • davidedavide Member
    edited May 2023

@CyberneticTitan said:
    I'm currently paying about 3 USD/mo for family premium using Argentina pricing. Well worth the price for ones with iPhones.

Thank you for your service, sir.

Someone has to pay for my free stuff, after all.

• lxclxc Barred

Paid service is always needed for better experience :)

• oyhacooyhaco Member

@DP said:
    I’m fine with Invidious.

Thanks a lot.. this is rock!!
    I never knew it existed

• foxtarefoxtare Member

@asterisk14 said:

@TeoM said:

@asterisk14 said:

@TeoM said:
    If I was a homeless bum, I would still have gotten YouTube Premium. It's worth every penny.

2 euros with Turkish vpn what more do you want.

Cost of living crisis over here dude, gas & elecric are up +300%, food up +20%, wages are going down-5% and now they want me to pay for youtube??? WTF!

Everyone can afford it. Instead of buying a coffee for 1 euro, I get YouTube Premium.

Yes, people are so flush with money and have so much free time that they are going on strike all over Europe and UK for fun times. Have you see what is going on in France?

This is the worst time for crap like this. These has been a massive upward wealth transfer already to the likes of Google, Bezos and M$ during Covid to the tune of billions of pounds (much of it taxpayer money) and the working class/middle class have got and are getting poorer. And right at this time these shysters want to screw the common people even harder with netflix ads/price increases and now this. This is the time when you need free entertainment to take your mind off your troubles, it's not the time to be deprived to give up coffee and food for the further enrichment of Epsteins friend Bill Gates or Bezos or Google.

And it's not 1 euro as you claim!

From Google:
    How much is YouTube Premium uk?
    £11.99 per month
    YouTube Premium costs £11.99 per month

That's £144 (~$160)/year!

Someone had to say it. Around 2010-2011 no one was asking for subscriptions except FT and The Times. Now, everyone thinks we have 200 Euros a month ready and available for subscriptions, and what lovely times we are living, forced to choose between buying poultry meat at the supermarket or 10 different monthly big tech subscriptions.

Thanks but no thanks, you're drowned in money and I'm the little guy trying to make ends meet. Stick it up your shareholders arses.

• inlandinland Member

@foxtare said: Thanks but no thanks, you're drowned in money and I'm the little guy trying to make ends meet. Stick it up your shareholders arses.

Billionaires are oppressed more than you are

Thanked by 2emgh foxtare
  • If you have an Android-compatible TV box, with SmartTubeNext you can watch ad-free YouTube videos on your TV.

https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

• emghemgh Member

@inland said:

@foxtare said: Thanks but no thanks, you're drowned in money and I'm the little guy trying to make ends meet. Stick it up your shareholders arses.

Billionaires are oppressed more than you are

I love Sillicon Valley