Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 12 years in business! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 12 years in business!

Comments

• asdatasdasdatasd Member
    edited April 2023

@daozhi said:
    Oh,For now only one. I just prepare for coming 12th-anniversary server. Will check when the server is ready.

@asdatasd said:

@daozhi said:
    Thank you @bdl. Where is it? I guess there should be such a button, But there is none on my portal panel. Maybe I got this server transfered by others?

@bdl said:

@daozhi said:
    hi guys, do I need tickets for enabling private networking? Since there is only one intercface (eth0) and one mac address(00:20.XX), no other mac(00.22.XX). I won't bother ticketing them if I can configure it myself.

You can enable it via the web portal for your service.

Do you have more than one server at the same location?

I think you can only enable it once you have more than one server in the same dc.

Thanked by 1s12321
  • @asdatasd said:

@daozhi said:
    Oh,For now only one. I just prepare for coming 12th-anniversary server. Will check when the server is ready.

@asdatasd said:

@daozhi said:
    Thank you @bdl. Where is it? I guess there should be such a button, But there is none on my portal panel. Maybe I got this server transfered by others?

@bdl said:

@daozhi said:
    hi guys, do I need tickets for enabling private networking? Since there is only one intercface (eth0) and one mac address(00:20.XX), no other mac(00.22.XX). I won't bother ticketing them if I can configure it myself.

I think you can only enable it once you have more than one server in the same dc.

does the private network communication count bandwidth usage?

• @s12321 said:
    does the private network communication count bandwidth usage?

Both incoming and outgoing traffic is counted towards the bandwidth usage of your VM (traffic on the private network interface is not counted).

https://docs.hosthatch.com/networking/#bandwidth-usage

Thanked by 2s12321 webcraft
  • different ac on the same dc?> @asdatasd said:

@daozhi said:

@asdatasd said:

@daozhi said:

@bdl said:

@daozhi said:

can i have this in different accounts but same dc? :smiley:

• MadMad Member

I'd be curious to know the private networking part cause it's not clear in the website.

Is it muti DC? So is it activable if these deals are taken in different DC or only within the same one?

• @s12321 said:
    can i have this in different accounts but same dc? :smiley:

Obviously, no. Same account, same DC.

@Mad said:
    I'd be curious to know the private networking part cause it's not clear in the website.

Is it muti DC? So is it activable if these deals are taken in different DC or only within the same one?

No, read few answers above.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • https://docs.hosthatch.com/
    It's not a lot there yet, but still, almost every question in this thread is answered there.

Thanked by 2bdl hosthatch
  • MadMad Member

Are the IPs DDoS protected?
    I didn't see DDoS mentioned anywhere, so I'd like to know if such plans are covered or not.

• @Mad said:
    I didn't see DDoS mentioned anywhere, so I'd like to know if such plans are covered or not.

I asked during the last deal and they said no. They would probably have $120 of my money if they had ddos protection.

Thanked by 1Mad
  • jon617jon617 Veteran

Congrats on the anniversary and promotion, Hosthatch.

Please address stability issues with the Chicago storage boxes when you can.

• @Mad said:

i think there is basic network level DDos protection, otherwise, they will be very busy.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nvme said:
    What will be bandwidth overage costs in SG?

$4 per TB. We usually discount it in larger quantities. Bandwidth pooling per location also hopefully coming in the next few months.

@asdatasd said: I think you can only enable it once you have more than one server in the same dc.

Yes this is correct.

@Mad said:

We do not advertise providing DDoS protection (regardless of whether we have it or not) and our default policy is to null route in case of incoming attacks. There are other providers who specialize in this area.

@jon617 said: Congrats on the anniversary and promotion, Hosthatch.

Thank you!

@jon617 said: Please address stability issues with the Chicago storage boxes when you can.

We're on it, there is one bad node in Chicago but you can request to be moved to another node if you have not already.

The offers are available for another ~20 hours or so.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • I figured it is correct, spent much more than expected to also find that out :D

• @hosthatch is IPv6 rDNS with those deals disabled or just control panel bug/misconfiguration?

Reference
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3651589/#Comment_3651589

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Mumbly said: @hosthatch is IPv6 rDNS with those deals disabled or just control panel bug/misconfiguration?

We should have a fix rolled out tomorrow for this.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • mee2mee2 Member

Congratulations @hosthatch. I have been with you for many years, 5+. Couldn't resist another vm from you, so ordered one more. Thanks for the great service.

• @hosthatch said:

@jon617 said: Please address stability issues with the Chicago storage boxes when you can.

We're on it, there is one bad node in Chicago but you can request to be moved to another node if you have not already.

Not a move/migration, correct? When I asked for my backup/reserve VM's to be moved to another node so they all weren't on bad nodes together, they needed to be deleted and recreated. If it doesn't require deleting, I would have made that request when the troubles first started instead of hoping it gets resolved after every downtime. It would be good to know more about the status of this node. I'm more inclined to start a restoration plan after Friday at 5pm than randomly at inconvenient times.

Hoping to see node names in the panel, most panels have always shown this so proper planning can be done.

Thanked by 3bdl edrebe nick_
  • bdlbdl Member

Sale closed. Thankyou @hosthatch for great deals.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited April 2023

@TimboJones said: Not a move/migration, correct? When I asked for my backup/reserve VM's to be moved to another node so they all weren't on bad nodes together, they needed to be deleted and recreated

Assume your backup box is a Storage VM? Moving storage boxes (large disks) require manual move/recreate, they told me. They offered to create a new instance and keep the old one online for 2 weeks while I move stuff. They also kindly provided the option to move the old IPs to the new instance.

Although I still have sadness with their ticket response speed, as per usual. Like forming a pearl inside an oyster, I believe the outcome will be nice but usually have to wait a really long time for a response. Good thing I'm only using HH for backups, too.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @hosthatch said:

@Mumbly said: @hosthatch is IPv6 rDNS with those deals disabled or just control panel bug/misconfiguration?

We should have a fix rolled out tomorrow for this.

I am looking forward to this 👍

• NVMe VM (AMD EPYC) SG,Has anyone turned on?

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited April 2023

@cgkings said:
    NVMe VM (AMD EPYC) SG,Has anyone turned on?

New York and Singapore - 2 weeks ETA for provisioning

It should be provisioned next week if no delay.

• @hosthatch I was umming and ahing which VPS to get, is it too late?

I was looking at the three year London one :(

• xkxxkx Member

Congratulation!
    Best provider, I love it.

• @chrisfoobar said:
    @hosthatch I was umming and ahing which VPS to get, is it too late?

More than a week late.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @jon617 said:

@TimboJones said: Not a move/migration, correct? When I asked for my backup/reserve VM's to be moved to another node so they all weren't on bad nodes together, they needed to be deleted and recreated

Assume your backup box is a Storage VM? Moving storage boxes (large disks) require manual move/recreate, they told me. They offered to create a new instance and keep the old one online for 2 weeks while I move stuff. They also kindly provided the option to move the old IPs to the new instance.

Same. I'm annoyed that the new instance wasn't automatically made and requires another ticket response (and another 1-2 days wait). Since this is the second server fail from HH (after periods of instability), I'm debating moving this service to Servarica, which hasn't had any issues whatsoever. I don't have time/patience to restore servers twice a year.

I am curious about the people experiencing these issues and haven't ticketed, what happens to their data in two weeks? HH have a known failing host but doesn't notify the customers and don't want to migrate them to a new host to prevent data loss... sigh

Although I still have sadness with their ticket response speed, as per usual. Like forming a pearl inside an oyster, I believe the outcome will be nice but usually have to wait a really long time for a response. Good thing I'm only using HH for backups, too.

If Mike is assigned to the ticket, I've had great responses. My current ticket isn't with Mike.

• I requested to move (without data and with another IP, if it is faster and easier) to another new Storage 1 TB - Promo (Chicago) with AMD EPYC and it was moved after 4 days.
    Also, they gave me 7 days to move my data to the new VPS, but I started all over again, all good for my use case.

Before: AMD

Now: Intel

The network and disk speed is the good thing about HH compared to others.
    I still have the VPS Storage 250G (Chicago) from 2019 for my backups, working fine.

• @TimboJones said:

@chrisfoobar said:
    @hosthatch I was umming and ahing which VPS to get, is it too late?

More than a week late.

I swear it was up for way longer

• @hosthatch Page is expired? Is it still available?

• bdlbdl Member

@Merlincool said:
    @hosthatch Page is expired? Is it still available?

You're a week late - see https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3652747/#Comment_3652747 - and Hosthatch also gave three days grace past the original April 20 sale end date.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
This discussion has been closed.