Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 12 years in business! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 12 years in business!

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ralf said:

@hosthatch said:
    We are offering a 25% discount across all of our services on hosthatch.com on annual billing terms.

Just to clarify - does this mean the 25% discount isn't available on 3 year plans and ONLY on the annual?

It is only available on the plans that we offer directly on hosthatch.com, when being purchased annually.

It cannot be combined with the promo plans that we offer on this thread.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • ehabehab Member

@hosthatch do a limited Flash offer :) hard to refuse.

Thanked by 2sh97 webcraft
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited April 2023

@ralf said:

@hosthatch said:
    We are offering a 25% discount across all of our services on hosthatch.com on annual billing terms.

Just to clarify - does this mean the 25% discount isn't available on 3 year plans and ONLY on the annual?

I think that this 25% discount don't include https://cloud.hosthatch.com/sale/2023anniversary plans at all, but plans from their regular offer (plans that come with their normal support queue). There aren't 3 year plans.

edit.
    @hosthatch beat me to it.

Thanked by 2ralf Dk2014
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

NVMe VMs (AMD EPYC)

Now if I could get free BGP with that I'd move from Vultr in a heartbeat.
    Already spending $100/year with Hosthatch since 2019 and loving it!

Thanked by 2yoursunny hosthatch
  • quanhua92quanhua92 Member
    edited April 2023

@tomle said:

NVMe VMs (AMD EPYC)

Now if I could get free BGP with that I'd move from Vultr in a heartbeat.
    Already spending $100/year with Hosthatch since 2019 and loving it!

You can still host HAProxy on Vultr and route traffic to Hosthatch.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

12th-anniversary coupon bug:

1. Select any full support product with Annual billing cycle, apply the coupon.
    2. Select a different location, and then select a product.
    3. Billing cycle is reverted to Monthly but 25% off is still applied.

@yoursunny said:
    12th-anniversary coupon bug:

1. Select any full support product with Annual billing cycle, apply the coupon.
    2. Select a different location, and then select a product.
    3. Billing cycle is reverted to Monthly but 25% off is still applied.

It is only a display error, and not possible to actually create an order with that discount.

• @sh97 said:
    Is the network 1G or 10G?

I think it depends on location, but will we get 10G external node to node? :smiley:

• s12321s12321 Member
    edited April 2023

happy bday @hosthatch :wink:
    is the AMD EPYC - AMD EPYC 7443P @2.85Ghz ?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited April 2023

@s12321 said:

@sh97 said:
    Is the network 1G or 10G?

I think it depends on location, but will we get 10G external node to node? :smiley:

Your question might remain unanswered because you can find all relevant information in the docs which are linked in the op.

And do not double post, edit your post instead.

Thanked by 1s12321
  • s12321s12321 Member
    edited April 2023

@YinGC said:

NVMe plans (North America - Los Angeles, Chicago and New York):
    2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    4 GB RAM
    20 GB NVMe SSD
    5 TB bandwidth
    $30 per year
    Pay for two years - get doubled RAM, storage, and +15 TB free bandwidth

This is the [E5 NVMe Promo 8] package I bought in July 2021
    I didn't run any projects to test the benchmarks.
    It's such a bad performance!

are these E5v2 deal in this thread also E5-2690 v2 @ 2.90 (base clock) too? @hosthatch :smiley:

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited April 2023

@hosthatch any plans of restocking EPYC for Amsterdam? I'm just drooling over the thought of a 32gb ram! I've one 20gb variant from the last black Friday. But 32gb for $400/3 years is a steal. Plz stock some EPYC in AMS..........

• s12321s12321 Member
    edited April 2023

@alvin said:
    NVMe VM (AMD EPYC)

@hosthatch said: $35 per year, $120 per 3 years

:D Triennially is more expensive?

you pay $5/year more to buy an additional 3GB ram from last bf sale (bi-annual payment, 5GB). Not sure if this is better deal, but it's nice to have 8GB. :smile:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2023

I like the new site! Nice work.

I don't need a new VPS at the moment, but I'm tempted to replace one I got in 2020 (3 cores E5-2680, 16GB RAM, 80 GB disk, $140 per 2 years) with the 3 cores, 24GB RAM, 120GB storage (60 x 2), $150 per 2 years from this sale. The extra RAM would be useful.

@s12321 said: are these E5v2 deal in this thread also E5-2690 v2 @ 2.90 (base clock) too

For what it's worth, the three E5 VPSes I've got in Los Angeles are all E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @luissousa said:
    @hosthatch are you sure the intended price is for a 3 year payment to be more expensive than 3 one year payments? This is on london nvme epyc:

$70 per year, $230 per 3 years

When paying for three years, to put it simply, you get:

4 CPU cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)
    32 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe storage
    40 TB bandwidth (8 TB APAC)

instead of:

4 CPU cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)
    16 GB RAM
    100 GB NVMe storage
    20 TB bandwidth (4 TB APAC)

This is why it is more expensive.

Yes, but all the other triennial plans have useful doubles AND cheaper. The other plans give double RAM for low RAM servers and double storage for low storage NVMe (great reason for doubling). If this was double storage instead of RAM, I think it would be much, much more attractive instead of DOA from value proposition.

The bandwidth amount is already pretty high and not that big of a deal, IMO. It's like having unlimited fries but I'll only ever have two servings regardless.

• nick_nick_ Member

Double bandwidth is a big deal in the APAC locations.

• YinGCYinGC Member
    edited April 2023

This merchant cannot guarantee the minimum required benchmark score of the server you purchased, and the use test meets expectations when you just bought it, but when you buy a package for several years, it will gradually become poor in the future, and you cannot refund it. Because merchants continue to oversell packages! Let your server quality become worse and worse.

I don't recommend you to buy a package for more than one year, it's not worth it.

Thanked by 2yoursunny sasslik
  • nick_nick_ Member

Any hint on block storage pricing?

• bdlbdl Member

@YinGC said:
    This merchant cannot guarantee the minimum required benchmark score of the server you purchased, and the use test meets expectations when you just bought it, but when you buy a package for several years, it will gradually become poor in the future, and you cannot refund it. Because merchants continue to oversell packages! Let your server quality become worse and worse.

I don't recommend you to buy a package for more than one year, it's not worth it.

Recommendation rejected.

• @YinGC said: I don't recommend you to buy a package for more than one year, it's not worth it.

I never bought production server or VPS for more than a year. Why? One of the main reason is performance, especially VPS with old processor/architecture.

That's why i always use hourly billing cloud providers for my production like Hetzner, Vultr, DO, Linode etc. So when the performance degraded, i can create a new instance/VMs, bench it, and compare with my current VMs.

@YinGC said:

I'm sorry but this is just factually incorrect on a lot of levels.

You are getting more performance than what you are paying for. We provide upfront dedicated limits exactly for this reason.

If you feel you are not getting what you have paid for, we would appreciate if you could open a ticket and provide benchmarks, along with comparable benchmarks, and a calculation of what a 50% dedicated core of a E5 CPU should be performing like.

Again, we provide bigger plans with more performance, and I am sorry that we are not providing (way) more than what you are paying for.

There are providers who advertise "dedicated CPU cores", with high CPU steal and no predictability on performance. We're not one of them.

Thanked by 3ariq01 raza19 maverick

@raza19 said:
    @hosthatch any plans of restocking EPYC for Amsterdam? I'm just drooling over the thought of a 32gb ram! I've one 20gb variant from the last black Friday. But 32gb for $400/3 years is a steal. Plz stock some EPYC in AMS..........

Possibly on BF but we're running quite full there at the moment.

@TimboJones said:

Yes, but all the other triennial plans have useful doubles AND cheaper. The other plans give double RAM for low RAM servers and double storage for low storage NVMe (great reason for doubling). If this was double storage instead of RAM, I think it would be much, much more attractive instead of DOA from value proposition.

The bandwidth amount is already pretty high and not that big of a deal, IMO. It's like having unlimited fries but I'll only ever have two servings regardless.

Makes sense. We will change it to doubled ram and doubled storage. Will apply to any existing orders too.

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited April 2023

Thank you for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth for triennial payments. Ordered a 4GB compute one in SG.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited April 2023

@hosthatch said:
    Makes sense. We will change it to doubled ram and doubled storage. Will apply to any existing orders too.

OK there goes my wallet.

• wroxwrox Member

@hosthatch said:

@raza19 said:

@TimboJones said:

Was just about to inquiry about what @TimboJones mentioned as well. Thank you for listening to your community!

• Possible to request VM housed in different node at data center @hosthatch

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@hosthatch

When you go to the order page of the specials you get the following text

AMD Compute 16 GB - PROMO
    4 AMD EPYC Milan cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    100 GB NVMe Storage
    20 TB bandwidth (4 TB in APAC)
    (doubled RAM, storage and bandwidth for three year payments)

Is this a typo or do you actually get double the storage as well as ram and bandwidth for 3 year payments bcoz the post on LET only mentions ram and bandwidth?

• @raza19 said: Is this a typo or do you actually get double the storage as well as ram and bandwidth for 3 year payments bcoz the post on LET only mentions ram and bandwidth?

Answer is few posts above :)

Thanked by 1raza19
  • @hosthatch said:

@raza19 said:

@TimboJones said:

Thanks @hosthatch i've just paid... :smiley:

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited April 2023

Double Ram
    Double Storage
    Double Bandwidth

Its a no brainer !!! These deals are gonna disappear quick now!

Just Paid $510 for UK:
    AMD 32GB :D
    &
    2TB storage

(invoice id 318672 & 318674)

I doubt these deals are gonna come back even for BF :) never seen epyc getting double the ram or storage in the past. Surprisingly pings are even better for some of the UK deals !!! Thank you @hosthatch for your years of service.

This discussion has been closed.