Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT

Comments

• Prep21Prep21 Member

1 shared ip?

• dclinkdclink Member

@r4h156 said:

@dclink said: E: Unable to locate package nano

Did you run apt update?

Yes, cant do anything... I feel it could be the pre-environemnt setting issue by administrator @Calin. I have raised the support ticket, let find out until then.

• @dclink said:

@r4h156 said:

Did you run apt update?

Yes, cant do anything... I feel it could be the pre-environemnt setting issue by administrator @Calin. I have raised the support ticket, let find out until then.

yes, I tried the ubuntu22 system, apt update failed, maybe due to the network error. I finally used the debian10.

• r4h156r4h156 Member

@dclink said:

If it's a DNS issue, please see below.

@lgq12697 said:
    yes, I tried the ubuntu22 system, apt update failed, maybe due to the network error. I finally used the debian10.

Try running echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf. Once that works, you can use the solution here to fix it permanently: https://askubuntu.com/a/1401016/1095763

• meteonmeteon Member
    edited May 2023

SFTP doesn't work

Update
    Hm, it's OK now

• dclinkdclink Member

Thanks. Tried but failed, probably its DNS, nameserver issue, that is, cant use apt install any packages, included resolvconf too. After system reboot, the resolv.conf cant be taken effect. Thus, only leave it to the admin to help fix the issue.

Thanks all for helping on this.

@r4h156 said:

@dclink said:

If it's a DNS issue, please see below.

@lgq12697 said:

Try running echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf. Once that works, you can use the solution here to fix it permanently: https://askubuntu.com/a/1401016/1095763

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@meteon said: SFTP doesn't work

install ssh instead of dropbear, it is better in many ways and the ram constraints are not THAT big to justify such a handicap.

Thanked by 1meteon
  • @dclink said:
    Subject: OS template ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-tiny

below is error, after running the command apt install nano
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    E: Unable to locate package nano

I don't know about the Ubuntu image but the Debian tiny one on my VPS did not include the nano package (or even vim). You need to install it with apt install nano.

• deni12deni12 Member

@meteon said:
    SFTP doesn't work

Update
    Hm, it's OK now

What did you do to make it works ?

• t0mt0m Member

Invoice #1758

Thanked by 1Calin
  • punderpunder Member

Invoice #1825

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Invoice #1826

Thank you! :)

Thanked by 1Calin
  • H1NK1H1NK1 Member

Invoice #1675
    Thanks a lot!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • meteonmeteon Member

@deni12 said:

@meteon said:
    SFTP doesn't work

Update
    Hm, it's OK now

What did you do to make it works ?

I tried to install SSH. It finished with errors. But now I can use SFTP.

Thanked by 1Ananchoreta

it finishes with errors because the port might be in use in most cases. Change port in config.

• dclinkdclink Member

I received 80 port is not available, and set the configure file to the port forwarding but not working. (tried Nginx, Apache2, and a third-party tool to handle port mapping and forwarding without directly configuring Apache or Nginx), failed without any thought.

Any advice on the port forwarding?

@Maounique said:
    it finishes with errors because the port might be in use in most cases. Change port in config.

@dclink said:
    I received 80 port is not available, and set the configure file to the port forwarding but not working. (tried Nginx, Apache2, and a third-party tool to handle port mapping and forwarding without directly configuring Apache or Nginx), failed without any thought.

@Maounique said:

I was replying to the guy with the ssh issue.
    Apache config or nginx is a different thing.
    You can, of course, change the config to listen on one of the forwarded ports, but it is more than that to it. You should do a redirect of some sort and there are many options for that, I mean, in order to host on ports other than 80 and 443, can use something like Cloudflare, even DNS or URL masking.

It will NOT work on default ports, no matter what you do.

• dclinkdclink Member

@Maounique said:

@dclink said:

@Maounique said:

I was replying to the guy with the ssh issue.
    Apache config or nginx is a different thing.
    You can, of course, change the config to listen on one of the forwarded ports, but it is more than that to it. You should do a redirect of some sort and there are many options for that, I mean, in order to host on ports other than 80 and 443, can use something like Cloudflare, even DNS or URL masking.

It will NOT work on default ports, no matter what you do.

Thank you for contributing the cents. Yes, I could try Cloudflare page rules to set URL pattern and forwarding URL.

• Invoice #1782
    Thanks!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Invoice #1844
    Thanks!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Invoice #1628
    please double the RAM

I got the VPS already.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • michealchmichealch Member
    edited May 2023

I just did speedtest and getting over 700 Mbps Up and 90 Mbps Down.
    its good.

Link to speedtest: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/7551ec6e-1cf0-4ded-8d6d-f026794ef848

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Ticket #BAR-976467

I got the credentials for the server but there is no vps in it. The website shows following error:

You currently do not have any IHostArt Virtual Private Servers.

Please add the product to the website and double the RAM (already commented on lownedtalk)

Thanked by 1Calin
  • I couldn't peer with mine well enough to do any kind of file transfers. But thats on me, the speedtests were available pre-purchase I just never checked

I'll prob just use it to do penetration tests, attacks, and things of that nature on my other vps's.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Invoice #1846

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @thrustyhawk

Read the Mail:
    "For create VPS go on Actions > Provision > (Put you hostname and what
    password you want and what operating version you want"

Login on https://ihostart.micronode.uk/

Choose.OS and password and create the server.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • sliixsliix Member

Got the VPS. Can you double the RAM? #1629
    Thanks.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • tj111tj111 Member

Invoice #1669
    Thanks for activating the service.
    Pls double the ram when u can

Thanked by 1Calin
  • auhaijauhaij Member

@lgq12697 said:

@dclink said:

@r4h156 said:

Did you run apt update?

change /etc/resolv.conf 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Thanked by 1Calin
  • mpbmpb Member

Invoice # 1847. May I have extra free RAM, please?

Thanked by 1Calin