Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@hostaris said:
    Just giving my two cents here...

They offer some of the cheapest services in the industry, at $5/year. Who cares if the speed isn't 1Gbps, or if the IPs are prone to abuse. If you want reliability/quality then pay more than $5.

Exactly! More choice never hurt any industry. H8ers gonna h8.

• emghemgh Member

Very late, but shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Thanked by 2Calin naphtha
    edited May 2023

Well, I still hope HostVDS will have IPv6, and they don't use NAT, for a NAT product IPv6 is absolutely necessary and would expand the pool of costumers.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • emghemgh Member

@Maounique said:
    Well, I still hope HostVDS will have IPv6, and they don't use NAT, for a NAT product IPv6 is absolutely necessary and would expand the pool of costumers.

I wouldn’t say absolutely necessary.

Not even Github has IPv6, you can’t even git.

Very tragic.

Thanked by 1Calin

@emgh said: Not even Github has IPv6, you can’t even git.

They fixed it somehow through a mirror or proxy, I don't remember, some time ago I needed it and managed to make it work but don't remember how :P

But that is besides the point, there is already NAT for that, the point here is that IPv6 is needed for full access to port 80, 443, ftp etc. I don't say there are no workarounds, I just say it is much more convenient for MY usage scenarios.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • deni12deni12 Member

@Calin said:
    Hello @mrjk990 next week

Regards,
    Calin

Sorry for asking, Is it this week or next week?

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @deni12 this week

Regards

• drakuladrakula Member

what day?

• Invoice #1790
    Thank you!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • ZreindZreind Member

@hostaris said:
    Just giving my two cents here...

They offer some of the cheapest services in the industry, at $5/year. Who cares if the speed isn't 1Gbps, or if the IPs are prone to abuse. If you want reliability/quality then pay more than $5.

Agree with you. Paying $0.015/day or $0.40/month for a 1 GB vps and saying "speeds aren't" is totally worthless. Ye, he's a little bit right about not getting 1Gbps because they advertised 1G.

Thanked by 1khalequzzaman
  • adee13adee13 Member

Invoice #1791
    waiting free ram
    Thank you!

Thanked by 1Calin
  • abatisabatis Member

Invoice #1729
    Thank you for free ram.

• @FlorinMarian thanks for reminding me not to do business with you.
    Now please go back to your drawing board so you don't f things when "building your datacenter" or will you also blame Câlin for your failure ?

🥂

• dclinkdclink Member

Hello @Calin,

Sorry for asking, would you please update the pending status of the VPS storage regarding service delivery, not getting much info about this? When will we be able to start the service? hope its okay without any more delay.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @dclink i m start delivery from yesterday , left approx 60% from VPS

Regards

• deni12deni12 Member
    edited May 2023

@Calin said:

Regards

I jus got the email and the specification for the ram is 512MB, is there any delay for the bonus RAM?
    When i login my vps its just 512MB not 1GB, is there any problem?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • AkhilAkhil Member

Helllo @Calin Is it possible to get same specs but with dedicated IPv4? Are there any such offers available?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • dclinkdclink Member

@Calin said:

Regards

Thank you a lot for the quick turnaround and Yes, finally got the email as well. By the way, do we have any chance to get the bonus RAM as per following the previous instruction? Currently, the RAM is 512MB but thanks @Calin anyway for your support.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • sh97sh97 Member
    edited May 2023

@dclink said:

@Calin said:

Regards

Thank you a lot for the quick turnaround and Yes, finally got the email as well. By the way, do we have any chance to get the bonus RAM as per following the previous instruction? Currently, the RAM is 512MB but thanks @Calin anyway for your support.

You will get it after Calin deploys the entire batch of orders, he manually upgrades it.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Thank you for delivering the vps. I have a question that whether this vps will provide ipv6 in the future @Calin.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@lgq12697 said:
    Thank you for delivering the vps. I have a question that whether this vps will provide ipv6 in the future @Calin.

He said somewhere that it is planned

edited May 2023

@bruh21 said: He said somewhere that it is planned

Yeah, everyone plans it except for some IPv4 hoarders who try to make the most of their loot, but delivery rarely happens. We still have ISPs in Romania who did not deploy IPv6 12 years after some did. No wonder Digi is the largest now after being small back then.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • meteonmeteon Member

sudo is not working. what to do?

• sixsix Member

@meteon said:
    sudo is not working. what to do?

You are already root. Can't superuser do if you already are.

If you made another user, just apt-get install sudo or use the relevant command for your distrib.

• tj111tj111 Member

@tj111 said:
    Invoice #1669
    Thanks for the offer and please double the RAM

Hoping for the service to be activated soon ;)

• @Calin Service is deployed,
    but double ram and ipv6 isn't ok.
    what time can completed ?

• dclinkdclink Member

Subject: OS template ubuntu-20.04-x86_64-tiny

After receiving the vps service and done the provision, may I ask the os version as captioned, since I cant use apt command to install any packages, is that any problem to the package installation, such as simple command from apt update apt upgrade, apt install nano, etc. Your reply and guidance are really apprecaited.

• r4h156r4h156 Member

@dclink said:

After receiving the vps service and done the provision, may I ask the os version as captioned, since I cant use apt command to install any packages, is that any problem to the package installation, such as simple command from apt update apt upgrade, apt install nano, etc. Your reply and guidance are really apprecaited.

What is the error that you're getting from apt?

• dclinkdclink Member

below is error, after running the command apt install nano
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    E: Unable to locate package nano

it looks like what kind of limitation or restricted permission...I have no idea.

@r4h156 said:

@dclink said:

What is the error that you're getting from apt?

• r4h156r4h156 Member

@dclink said: E: Unable to locate package nano

Did you run apt update?