Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT

Comments

• Raj9119Raj9119 Member

So I spent playing around for like couple of hours..
    Did some random P2P and then webdav downloaded some files..
    You would reach your 25% cpu limit at approx 5mBps read writes as this takes a toll on cpu.
    Letting P2P run without restrictions on cpu will go 60-80 and speed will result in Max 30mBps to server and can't tell you about out as being from a 3rd world country all i can get is 200mbps and this maxed out so it's higher than that.
    You need to setup sudo curl wget yourself and also you may face problems with update on that case just update DNS to 8.8.8.8 or any lese that you prefer to.
    I used netdata to collect Statics and it was good enough as m not that of an expert.
    Considering it was 11$ a year(brought 2) m quite happy with the setup for whole year.
    Unlimited bandwidth is definately a plus.
    Anyone who is going to use it for P2P should make sure they restrict downloads to make sure others don't suffer on thier counterparts.

I would buy 2 more as thant i can get a full core and this would still be a sweet deal

• amaalexamaalex Barred

@Calin I haven't had things delivered to me yet.
    I have had ticket opened for a few days but no resolution to it yet though, there have been responses. Sent details. Please resolve.

• VoidVoid Member

@drakula said:
    out of stock :'(

Rare things like this sell like hot cakes and I’m surprised it was an available for this long.

• KebabKebab Member

Thanks again for your trust and purchase this VPS, I noticed that these VPS works very well on the SSD variant, with about 260 VM On node to do a lot of processes and I/O at a maximum of 10% is quite good, compared to 70 VMs, and I/O 50-60%, maybe in future change from SSD to SSD NVME for more performance, why not :)

my disk performance is getting worse, i can only dream about HDD speeds, let alone SSD

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 388.00 KB/s     (97) | 4.07 MB/s       (63)
    Write      | 410.00 KB/s    (102) | 4.36 MB/s       (68)
    Total      | 798.00 KB/s    (199) | 8.43 MB/s      (131)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 8.07 MB/s       (15) | 9.25 MB/s        (9)
    Write      | 8.91 MB/s       (17) | 10.22 MB/s       (9)
    Total      | 16.99 MB/s      (32) | 19.47 MB/s      (18)

• Hi @Calin what's the real location of the NAT ip 103.212.x.x? Different ip geolocation sites give different results. :D

• sh97sh97 Member, Host Rep

@FiberSuds said:
    Hi @Calin what's the real location of the NAT ip 103.212.x.x? Different ip geolocation sites give different results. :D

It's in Romania for sure, I did some speedtests and the ping values are legit.
    GeoIP updates usually takes a few weeks, so it should be correct soon.

Thanked by 1FiberSuds
  • Out of Stock
    We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available. For further information, please contact us.

• amaalexamaalex Barred

@amaalex said:
    @Calin I haven't had things delivered to me yet.

Thank you @Calin for addressing.

• amaeva080amaeva080 Member
    edited May 2023

Did anyone manage to get ssh key based auto working on these nat vps?

• @samucamg said:
    Invoice #1382
    There is 2 vps to combine in one.

Hi! They didn't double the RAM of my two vps combined.

• djndjn Member
    edited May 2023

@amaeva080 said:
    Did anyone manage to get ssh key based auto working on these nat vps?

works for me debian
    mkdir ~/.ssh
    chmod 700 ~/.ssh
    touch ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
    chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
    Add key to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys

Don't forget to use the external ip and port
    ssh [email protected].. -p ***21

• @djn
    I am on Debian too but it isn't working for me. I have all the same things as you mentioned but I keep getting prompted for password. :-(

• djndjn Member

@amaeva080
    I updated to debain to 11 and had to installed openssh-client to gen rsa for another box
    try that

Thanked by 1amaeva080
  • AndrewsAndrews Member

@Calin said:
    About the ram memory upgrade,AGAIN , the free ram memory upgrade happened in the next days please only wait

@Calin if there is another delay with promised RAM upgrade, is it possible to exchange it for storage upgrade?

• @djn said: I updated to debain to 11 and had to installed openssh-client to gen rsa for another box

How did you update to debian 11? There is only a Debian 10 image. Or..is it possible to do a in-place dist-upgrade in the vm instance? Doesn't it mess up stuff?

Also, I'm hesitating in creating my instance before the RAM addition. If I create the instance and then some RAM is added, wouldn't it create problems for the VM? @Calin

• djndjn Member

@harrison in place dist-upgrade worked fine other than having unmask and enable systemd-resolved to fix the dns issue after update.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • boardboard Member
    edited May 2023

I keep getting:

yum -y update
    Killed

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@board said:
    I keep getting:

yum -y update
    Killed

Most likely a ram issue

• bgerardbgerard Member

@Calin I raised ticket QYL-954893 on Tuesday. I still can't login to the control panel. Can you look into it please?

• boardboard Member

@BasToTheMax said:

@board said:
    I keep getting:

yum -y update
    Killed

Most likely a ram issue

Worked a couple of days ago; reboot doesn't help.
    Anyone else getting similar? I don't have the ram upgrade yet.

• guys, any solution for this? ubuntu.
    I try to change nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf, cant be change. Iam so low information about this nat vps :#

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

ubuntu 20.04

echo 'export PATH=/usr/sbin/:$PATH' >> /etc/profile
    systemctl reboot

custom_dns4='1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8'
    sed -i "/[Resolve]/a DNS=$custom_dns4" /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
    echo -e "\nDNS=${custom_dns4}" >> /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
    systemctl restart systemd-resolved

apt update
    apt install resolvconf -y

echo 'nameserver 127.0.0.53' > /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head
    resolvconf -u

Thanked by 2sh97 wwwroots
  • @Calin said:

ubuntu 20.04

echo 'export PATH=/usr/sbin/:$PATH' >> /etc/profile
    systemctl reboot

custom_dns4='1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8'
    sed -i "/[Resolve]/a DNS=$custom_dns4" /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
    echo -e "\nDNS=${custom_dns4}" >> /etc/systemd/resolved.conf
    systemctl restart systemd-resolved

apt update
    apt install resolvconf -y

echo 'nameserver 127.0.0.53' > /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head
    resolvconf -u

thank you sir, its work now

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@harrison said: Or..is it possible to do a in-place dist-upgrade in the vm instance? Doesn't it mess up stuff?

I did that as soon as I got the VM. I didn't make any customization before and it worked a breeze.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • djndjn Member
    edited May 2023

@board said:
    I keep getting:

yum -y update
    Killed

Not use a distro with yum for a few years but the old 128/256 boxs I had turning fastmirrors off helped

vi/nano /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf
    find enabled=1 and set it 0
    save
    yum clean all

Then try again

Edit can also try this, it will install updates one package at a time this also saves memory
    while read pkg_name; do yum install -y "$pkg_name"; done < <(yum check-update | awk '/^\s*$/,0 { print $1 }')

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Guys, it's been a while since I used an OVZ vm, let alone a NAT one, anyone has a quick guide for any kind of a VPN setup in this situation? I've been trying wireguard and getting one block after another, I don't want to reinvent the wheel, please link something.

• sixsix Member

@Maounique said:
    Guys, it's been a while since I used an OVZ vm, let alone a NAT one, anyone has a quick guide for any kind of a VPN setup in this situation? I've been trying wireguard and getting one block after another, I don't want to reinvent the wheel, please link something.

You just need to hit the "enable tun/tap" switch in the panel, reboot and wireguard usermode should work fine (tested with tailscale). Not sure about kernel wireguard.

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited May 2023

@six said: "enable tun/tap"

I've seen it on some panels. Can you explain what it that in the context of OpenVZ?

• sixsix Member

@harrison said:

@six said: "enable tun/tap"

I've seen it on some panels. Can you explain what it that in the context of OpenVZ?

Honestly im not sure. Seems to passthrough/create a /dev/tun and a /dev/tap device, which allows vpns to work. Without it you usually get an error that /dev/tun isn't a device/doesn't exist.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • Invoice 1482