Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I get a free VPS for educational purpose? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I get a free VPS for educational purpose?

1235»

Comments

• @Saahib said:

@Otus9051 said:

1. We are
    2. Obviously
    3. You are saying that as if thats water money?

You want something for free, thats fine but don't tell me that you can't afford INR 80 per month on a VM. Besides, with every comment, you and @Zephyr are proving that you need to learn a lot and also stop to be some pretenders.

i can pay INR 80 per month but i don't hve a bank account

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Because you haven't opened, try paytm bank.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

@Zephyr said:

@Saahib said:

@Otus9051 said:

1. We are
    2. Obviously

You want something for free, thats fine but don't tell me that you can't afford INR 80 per month on a VM. Besides, with every comment, you and @Zephyr are proving that you need to learn a lot and also stop to be some pretenders.

Do you have an Aadhaar Card ?

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@Zephyr said:

@Saahib said:

@Otus9051 said:

1. We are
    2. Obviously

Let your parents pay via bank and then pay your parents via physical money.

• @ManishPant said:

@Zephyr said:

@Saahib said:

@Otus9051 said:

1. We are
    2. Obviously

Do you have an Aadhaar Card ?

yep

• @BasToTheMax said:

@Zephyr said:

@Saahib said:

@Otus9051 said:

1. We are
    2. Obviously

not tht easy bro, ik u can't understand my problem

• @Saahib said:

my parents will don't allow me to open one before 18

• @varwww said:
    Debit card (International) works for the Oracle free tier too.

It won't. I've tried mine both visa and MasterCard debit but no luck, from 4 different banks.

• @intermall said:

@varwww said:

It won't. I've tried mine both visa and MasterCard debit but no luck, from 4 different banks.

Worked for me on VISA Debit card but this was during May 2021.

• @Zephyr said:

@Saahib said:

my parents will don't allow me to open one before 18

You can open a bank A/c (includes debit card) with your parent/guardian. Do note that such bank accounts will get frozen when you turn 18 and you will have to convert it to a major/adult A/c. Eg: https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/accounts/young-stars-savings-account

You will have to enable international payments on your card from Internet banking since by default RBI has disabled international payments for all new cards to avoid fraudulent transactions.

Thanked by 1khalequzzaman
  • @Otus9051 said:

@emg said:

@Zephyr said:

sounds very funny, u don't know about our school, n about our principal madam, ok let me tell u a story. One day our computer teacher told us (me n @Otus9051) to make a project for the annual day function, n i decide to make a Emotion Detector, then @Otus9051 develop a emotion detector n the project was really good. But just one day before the annual function our computer teacher cancel it. This sucks fr, there is a one more similar story like this, n the fun fact is tht also happen with me n @Otus9051

It sounds like your headmaster and computer teacher are not the most helpful and cooperative people. :-(
    -> Write very good resumes (CVs) for your headmaster and computer teacher, send them to schools all over the area, then wait for the offers to pour in. Perhaps they will accept and their replacements will be better. :-)

Your story is sad, but it happens all too often. On the one hand, ask anybody here how often they have built, debugged, tested, and made their code ready for delivery, only to have the project requirements suddenly change or the entire project cancelled at the last minute. It happens and it feels awful and it doesn't matter than they paid your salary during the time you worked on it. On the other hand, it can be a great joy when your code lives a long time and people still use it years after you delivered it.

(I have also written code where I am sorry I ever wrote it. Don't let that happen to you.)

1. This is India. You don't get to work anywhere until you are like 30-35 with atleast 5 years of experience

2. I code for myself, and my betterment. Most of my codes are stuff just for fun or practice or for making things easier for me. It does feel good when someone does use it but it doesn't make a difference to me when no one does because I know that this is not something that is supposed to blow up or anything. Keep your expectations to the lowest when you are in India.

Wrong. You can easily get a job in India if you are 18+ and have good skills in something. The point is you must have good understanding and skill of the field in which you're seeking for job. i wanted to learn development and learnt most of the things from YouTube when i was like 12 year old, later after few years i wanted to learn more and more programming languages but i didn't found good tutorials on YouTube and i knew about Udemy provides very good courses but they're paid, i have improved my web development skills and made some landing pages and simple websites for my clients, and believe me if you have good strategy then you can easily get clients who can pay you good amount for a simple website. From that money i have bought Web Development in HTML CSS PHP JS, Python, Go courses and improved my skills. Now i am working as a freelancer at the age of 18 and earning like some times 5-10k each month and some times when i get big projects even 30K+ and getting nearly 6-7K per month passive income from subscription website i made. Just don't look for free things, that's just gonna waste your time. Learn new things and try to earn from them, they're gonna help you.

• @Zephyr said:

@BasToTheMax said:

@Zephyr said:

@Saahib said:

@Otus9051 said:

1. We are
    2. Obviously

not tht easy bro, ik u can't understand my problem

I can understand. Am also from India. I guess you can't even open a bank account before 18. Indian parents are so helpful, you'll just have to make them believe you want to learn. Either convince them or if you have good skills in any field then earn some money and show you so that they can believe you earned some money, later they'll start supporting you.

• @Zephyr said:

@MannDude said:
    A good educational experience is a part time job. Builds character.

Someone already pointed out you can run a local VM if it's just for educational purposes. I don't think anyone is going to give you a free VPS that's worth while.

I don't hve gd pc to run vm along with the host machine.

You could run virtualbox + debian (<= 1GB RAM). It does not need much resources. Enough to learn and experiment.

• Imagine when they grew up with all of the excuses they invented

• @intermall said:

@varwww said:

This really sucks. Just today i tried to opt in for Oracle free tier, got charged the first time but it didn’t go through, thought it was because I was vpn, tried the 2nd time same thing, pretty sure they won’t refund me. Tried to get vultr free offering too, don’t want to sound like I’m complaining, but if I’m not mistaken they mentioned Africa and prioritizing developers but most people in Africa countries don’t have access to credit cards so dead end there. My country for example outright banned all spending in foreign currency . Anyways with PayPal I was able to but vultr base offering only to find out they were better price offering for base spec.

• @Zephyr said:

@jmaxwell said:
    With every comment OP realizes how much free stuff he has lost due that plucky attitude.

no, bc ik all of them r lying, ppl r js showing off

Despite the attitude you had since the start you were lucky that you were even offered things. I mean i did not had a debit card myself like few years ago but yet i had VPS for over years. Github offers like so many things and they do not even ask for .edu mail they can verify your Student ID Card if you do not have mail?

I just really cannot believe the attitude you have been showing to others, Can you just explain that how they are lying? I mean someone offered you a NATVPS as well you can get them so cheap what would they be lying about even?

You have not even mentioned whats the educational purpose is for If it really was educational purpose and you wanted to learn how things worked, I'm sure you would have already thought of a VM or something but i believe you need it for something else perhaps game server?

If i'm not wrong you are from India right?
    You have hosting services there having low cost VPS + Payment gateway support as well?
    What's the issue then?

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi Guys!

We have FreeVPS.org, which started here at LET, and still is here, just to give you guys free VPSes!

In case you haven't heard, FreeVPS.org recently lowered the LET account age requirement from 6 months to 3 months. Also, FreeVPS no longer uses a lottery to give out VPSes because there now are way more resources: FreeVPS.org has three nodes in the US and one node in England.

Three friendly guys from here work hard on the FreeVPS Team, @TheOnlyDK, @FatGrizzly, and @sh97. Generous node sponsors include @GTHost, @crunchbits, @PieHasBeenEaten, and @Jack_SBE (ScaleBlade). FreeVPS.org has received special help from @DP, @yoursunny, and @Cloudie.

People who use FreeVPS seem to like the service!

Maybe you might want to check the requirements in the LET FreeVPS thread and apply?

I hope everybody gets their perfect VPS! :)

Best wishes!

Tom

P.S. FreeVPS.org is looking for Asia nodes, a Project Leader, and some Board members. Thanks!

Thanked by 1cpsd