Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I get a free VPS for educational purpose? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I get a free VPS for educational purpose?

Comments

• @MannDude said:
    A good educational experience is a part time job. Builds character.

Exactly. I had my first part time job when I was barely a teenager, saved up my money and bought my first computer. It was a cheap, simple, crappy computer by today's standards, but it was mine, and it felt good to know I paid for it, and I learned a ton with it.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@Zephyr said:

@BetaRacks said:

azure is providing free educational resources
    But only if you are a "real" student or teacher

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/students/

i don't hve an .edu email bro, n idk how to get one

I don't have an edu mail either, just that the domain you use needs to be from educational one. I had to contact Azure manually since my school domain ends with a .in and they approved.

my school don't provide me any email, n btw u indian?

• @jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@HostWild said:
    Hello! @Zephyr

We can offer you a 1 month free VPS for education purpose if you want. (No any credit/debit card required)

1 month is not enough for me but if u want u can give me (at least i can do some practice with it), but plz don't expect tht im going to pay for it or continue using tht vps after 1 month.

Not even a thank you? He offered you a free VPS and this is your response? Where has the gratitude gone in this world?

@HostWild I'd retract your offer.

bro don't be so nice, literally this guy is using a marketing strategy, they r expecting tht i'll pay for their service after 1 month, they r kind of giving me an free trial, i believe tht free trials r nothin but a type of marketing trap. i try to avoid them but still few times i hve to accept them (when i don't hve any other option).

• tjntjn Member

Lol
    Say what you want about LET, but when someone needs help they'll usually come through.

You @Zephyr on the other hand... have made it exceptionally difficult for anyone who wanted to help to actually do so now I think.

Who knows

Why don't you try and tell us what it is you think you'd learn from a VPS for one year, or what you'd use it for?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Zephyr said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@Zephyr said:

@BetaRacks said:

azure is providing free educational resources
    But only if you are a "real" student or teacher

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/students/

i don't hve an .edu email bro, n idk how to get one

I don't have an edu mail either, just that the domain you use needs to be from educational one. I had to contact Azure manually since my school domain ends with a .in and they approved.

my school don't provide me any email, n btw u indian?

I don't wish to reveal my nationality in this particular thread, but you can guess it, and maybe dig around.

Then verify on GitHub with your school ID and use azure.

• @Zephyr said:

@jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@HostWild said:
    Hello! @Zephyr

We can offer you a 1 month free VPS for education purpose if you want. (No any credit/debit card required)

1 month is not enough for me but if u want u can give me (at least i can do some practice with it), but plz don't expect tht im going to pay for it or continue using tht vps after 1 month.

Not even a thank you? He offered you a free VPS and this is your response? Where has the gratitude gone in this world?

bro don't be so nice, literally this guy is using a marketing strategy, they r expecting tht i'll pay for their service after 1 month, they r kind of giving me an free trial, i believe tht free trials r nothin but a type of marketing trap. i try to avoid them but still few times i hve to accept them (when i don't hve any other option).

You still can't say, "thank you?" And he already said you didn't need to give him a credit/debit card, so there's no real risk to you, is there? And who cares if it it's part of his marketing strategy? If he offered you something free, with no real strings attached, at least say thank you and be a gracious human being. He's not trapping you into anything. And you can learn a LOT by using it just for one month.

Who knows, if you were grateful in this thread, someone might have offered you a full year of free hosting. Even I considered it up until your response to @HostWild. Or maybe if you came back after one month of using his, you could make a case for how much you learned and maybe someone would offer to give you one for a year.

It's amazing what a little bit of gratitude can do for you in life.

Do what you want of course, but maybe ask yourself when was the last time you said thank you to anyone for even a small gesture. Good luck!

• @tjn said:
    Lol
    Say what you want about LET, but when someone needs help they'll usually come through.

You @Zephyr on the other hand... have made it exceptionally difficult for anyone who wanted to help to actually do so now I think.

Who knows

Why don't you try and tell us what it is you think you'd learn from a VPS for one year, or what you'd use it for?

lol i don't understand why ppl always try to correct others, plz mind ur own business, literally the guy who offered me this offer he/she don't reply but others did

• @jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@HostWild said:
    Hello! @Zephyr

You still can't say, "thank you?" And he already said you didn't need to give him a credit/debit card, so there's no real risk to you, is there? And who cares if it it's part of his marketing strategy? If he offered you something free, with no real strings attached, at least say thank you and be a gracious human being. He's not trapping you into anything. And you can learn a LOT by using it just for one month.

Who knows, if you were grateful in this thread, someone might have offered you a full year of free hosting. Even I considered it up until your response to @HostWild. Or maybe if you came back after one month of using his, you could make a case for how much you learned and maybe someone would offer to give you one for a year.

Do what you want of course, but maybe ask yourself when was the last time you said thank you to anyone for even a small gesture. Good luck!

Thnxxxxxx for this knowledge, i'll always be grateful for this, u changed my life, i get a lifetime free vps by using ur advice, u r really great

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited March 2023

@Zephyr said:

@jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@HostWild said:
    Hello! @Zephyr

Of course it is a trap .. no-one is in business to run a charity. In the past, we have sponsored a lot of youngsters willing to learn with resources (and we still do!) and at some point (we're talking years of sponsoring) they turn into paying customers. Is that me being nice, or is that also a 'marketing trap' to you ? Whomever provides stuff for free, always has the idea in mind that the free service will eventually lead them a way into revenue, one way or another.

In fact, I was at first thinking about offering you the same: a small, low resource VM on our platform in The Netherlands. Free of charge. No strings attached. But seeing you write in a way where the entrepreneurs are suddenly the 'bad guys', feels really really really hostile. It makes me feel like you would be the guy like this: get free resources, grow and when he has the money to take a paid service, he would leave you immediately for someone else, in a backstabbing kind of way. You might want to reconsider your attitude.

With that being said, for everyone else who is in need of sponsored resources, can tell me why he is unable to afford and tell me more about his plans, and would be willing to at some point still even consider us when scaling up, feel free to write in DM. We have some space left I'm happy to hand out :-)

• @jlet88 said: Not even a thank you? He offered you a free VPS and this is your response? Where has the gratitude gone in this world?

LowEndTalk - where free is just... too expensive.

• @Zephyr said:

@jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@jlet88 said:

@Zephyr said:

@HostWild said:
    Hello! @Zephyr

Thnxxxxxx for this knowledge, i'll always be grateful for this, u changed my life, i get a lifetime free vps by using ur advice, u r really great

Well I think you made my point. Good luck in life, it's gonna be a bumpy road with that attitude.

• tjntjn Member

@Zephyr said:
    lol i don't understand why ppl always try to correct others, plz mind ur own business, literally the guy who offered me this offer he/she don't reply but others did

No one tried to correct you, quite the opposite - I was potentially going to help you and felt the need to both give you another chance and understand what you wanted the VPS for.

Don't worry, I'll go back to minding my own business - good luck on your search.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Netbanking and UPI are supported by Racknerd, their Black Friday offers are also still ongoing, not free, sure, but if you're still insisting that's too much hassle and expect someone to hand over a free VPS without any identification, I'd assume you're just a scammer.

• @martheen said:
    Netbanking and UPI are supported by Racknerd, their Black Friday offers are also still ongoing, not free, sure, but if you're still insisting that's too much hassle and expect someone to hand over a free VPS without any identification, I'd assume you're just a scammer.

wait a goddamn second RACKNERD HAS UPI?

• denellumdenellum Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2023

Offers a month free VPS. Says no CC is required. Still thinks it's a marketing trap.
    No. The trap is when you "forget to cancel" when you signed up with your CC.

FYI : The reason they are not responding anymore is because you're ungrateful.

• @Otus9051 said: RACKNERD HAS UPI

Yep, announced in 2020, and the LEB offers in January mention that too so it hasn't been pulled. I'm more surprised that you even consider paying anything though.

• @martheen said:

@Otus9051 said: RACKNERD HAS UPI

Yep, announced in 2020, and the LEB offers in January mention that too so it hasn't been pulled. I'm more surprised that you even consider paying anything though.

Oh I ain't paying nothing, but I'll have that noted if I do end up buying something.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited March 2023

@Otus9051 said:

@martheen said:
    Netbanking and UPI are supported by Racknerd, their Black Friday offers are also still ongoing, not free, sure, but if you're still insisting that's too much hassle and expect someone to hand over a free VPS without any identification, I'd assume you're just a scammer.

wait a goddamn second RACKNERD HAS UPI?

They do

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2023

I'm pretty sure you can get $200 Account Credit at Vultr. If the lowest plan can suffice, then you should be good for a while.

Edit: It's actually $250 -- https://www.vultr.com/promo/try250

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

I'm pretty sure Vultr credit expires after a month or two.

• HostWildHostWild Member, Host Rep

@jlet88 Thank you for understanding real feelings. Many people can't understand that things :)

• Man I've really gotta confess now

He's my friend, yes, school friend

He honestly has a very shitty attitude IRL too (no one likes him at school and everyone wants him gone. we had an argument in our school friends' mc server discord about why he doesnt attend voice chats, i just randomly said "bro what is your mom" [crude translation from bengali mind you] and i meant it in a way that said "why is your mom so restrictive" and he marched ahead and left the server)
    He has a very big ego problem, I (along with many) have told him to change his attitude to which he replies "this attitude keeps me alive"

IDK about you but nice people are also alive. I see my dad everyday, very nice and cool-headed guy who barely gets angry in the most heated of arguments. He's alive.

Also to clarify I did not tell him to join LET. He joined LET only after I said I got a NanoKVM from here (which I think I earned it). He was planning on getting over 40 posts in less than a month.

I really feel guilty of this whole thread. I'm sorry guys. I failed y'all.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 2023

@Otus9051 said: He's my friend

But you don't have friends.
    It it possible that you just imagine things and that's actually your alter-ego?

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @Mumbly said:

@Otus9051 said: He's my friend

But you don't have friends.
    It it possible that you just imagine things and that's actually your alter-ego?

Well technically yes but actually no

• VoidVoid Member

@Otus9051 said:
    Man I've really gotta confess now

He honestly has a very shitty attitude IRL too (no one likes him at school and everyone wants him gone. we had an argument in our school friends' mc server discord about why he doesnt attend voice chats, i just randomly said "bro what is your mom" [crude translation from bengali mind you] and i meant it in a way that said "why is your mom so restrictive" and he marched ahead and left the server)
    He has a very big ego problem, I (along with many) have told him to change his attitude to which he replies "this attitude keeps me alive"

IDK about you but nice people are also alive. I see my dad everyday, very nice and cool-headed guy who barely gets angry in the most heated of arguments. He's alive.

Also to clarify I did not tell him to join LET. He joined LET only after I said I got a NanoKVM from here (which I think I earned it). He was planning on getting over 40 posts in less than a month.

NGL you were also like him at the beginning but you seem pretty adapted now. He might too.

Thanked by 1tjn
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Zephyr said: plz don't expect tht im going to pay for it or continue using tht vps after 1 month.

This seems like a good guy talking -- he wants to clarify that he won't be ready to pay next month. He even said, "plz!" :)

@RickBakkr said: With that being said, for everyone else who is in need of sponsored resources, can tell me why he is unable to afford and tell me more about his plans, and would be willing to at some point still even consider us when scaling up, feel free to write in DM. We have some space left I'm happy to hand out :-)

Thanks @RickBakkr! Seems nice! :) Best wishes! <3

• @jmaxwell said:

@Otus9051 said:
    Man I've really gotta confess now

NGL you were also like him at the beginning but you seem pretty adapted now. He might too.

i dont think he will adapt ever, but, let time tell us!

• Could this be a case of not able to communicate properly because English might not be his first language cos at the end I feel that's just it from his choice of words but then again his "friend" claims he's just like that so what do I know

• i can give you one of my nat vps’s i rent it before if u want

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2023

I can offer you the following specs for free

LXC virtualization
    0.2 vCPU Ryzen 3950x (execution limit 0.2)
    128MB RAM
    5GB nvme
    10mbit network (unmetered/fair use)
    1 NAT IPv4 (4 ports + 1 SSH port)

Other details:
    OS: Debian 11 (OS reinstalls only via LowEndTalk PM, no panel)
    No uptime guarantee
    Personal/educational use only (no scrapers/bots/etc)
    Term: until I decide to reinstall
    Abuse will result in instant termination

Yabs:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-02-27                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Mar 22 18:52:48 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 2 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3499.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 128.0 MiB
    Swap       : 1.5 GiB
    Disk       : 19.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.15.102-1-pve
    VM Type    : LXC

Basic Network Information:
    Protocol   : IPv4
    ISP        : DediPath
    ASN        : AS35913 DediPath
    Host       : D-Digital LLC
    Location   : Denver, Colorado (CO)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 37.57 MB/s    (9.3k) | 114.12 MB/s   (1.7k)
    Write      | 37.67 MB/s    (9.4k) | 114.72 MB/s   (1.7k)
    Total      | 75.24 MB/s   (18.8k) | 228.84 MB/s   (3.5k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 306.00 MB/s    (597) | 189.36 MB/s    (184)
    Write      | 322.26 MB/s    (629) | 201.97 MB/s    (197)
    Total      | 628.26 MB/s   (1.2k) | 391.33 MB/s    (381)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 10.9 Mbits/sec  | 7.46 Mbits/sec  | 110 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 120 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 10.9 Mbits/sec  | 10.0 Mbits/sec  | 124 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 10.6 Mbits/sec  | 4.84 Mbits/sec  | 210 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 11.0 Mbits/sec  | 6.48 Mbits/sec  | 38.2 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 11.0 Mbits/sec  | 6.94 Mbits/sec  | 21.8 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 11.0 Mbits/sec  | 6.98 Mbits/sec  | 30.5 ms        

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 169                           
    Multi Core      | 175                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20923866