Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If ChatGPT is available at no cost, why would anyone opt for other AI?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

If ChatGPT is available at no cost, why would anyone opt for other AI?

mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Hi
Before proceeding with my plan to utilize the OpenAI API for creating an AI content generation business, I would like to seek your opinion on the matter, If ChatGPT is available at no cost, why would anyone opt for other paid AI?
Best regards

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@mustafamw3 said:
    my plan to utilize the OpenAI API for creating an AI content generation business, I would like to seek your opinion on the matter,

Do the internet a favour and don't

• ChatGPT (the one at chat.openai.com) is a "free research preview", they're just making it free to collect enormous amounts of data for further fine tuning. The API for ChatGPT was released a few days ago but this time it's paid. I feel like sooner or later they're going to stop doing the free research preview and force you to either pay $20/mo. for ChatGPT Plus or just use the API for $0.002/1k tokens.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • VoidVoid Member

While it's true that ChatGPT is a powerful language model that is available at no cost, there are several reasons why someone might choose to use a different AI model or pay for a different AI service:

Specific Use Cases: ChatGPT is designed to be a general-purpose language model, but there may be specialized AI models that are better suited for certain use cases, such as computer vision or speech recognition.

Customization: Some paid AI services may offer greater customization options or the ability to train models on specific datasets, allowing for more tailored and accurate results.

Support: Paid AI services may offer dedicated customer support or consulting services, which can be valuable for businesses or organizations that need assistance in integrating AI into their workflows.

Confidentiality: Some businesses may be hesitant to use a free, publicly available AI service for sensitive or confidential data due to security concerns. Paid AI services may offer greater assurances of privacy and security.

Scalability: Paid AI services may offer greater scalability options for businesses or organizations that need to process large amounts of data quickly and efficiently.
    Ultimately, the decision to use a particular AI model or service will depend on the specific needs and goals of the business or organization.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mustafamw3 said: creating an AI content generation business

Thank God the search engines are removing AI-gen'd content from result.

• fartfart Member

@raindog308 said: Thank God the search engines are removing AI-gen'd content from result.

There is no way to detect AI generated content at this time, see GPTZero as well as OpenAI's own detector, which is why OpenAI recently published a paper asking for KYC on social media websites...

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said:

@mustafamw3 said: creating an AI content generation business

Thank God the search engines are removing AI-gen'd content from result.

Google Rewarding high-quality content, however it is produced
    https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2023/02/google-search-and-ai-content

edited March 2023

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:
    my plan to utilize the OpenAI API for creating an AI content generation business, I would like to seek your opinion on the matter,

Why , I will release a free version for LET users

@mustafamw3 said:

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Ask yourself what value this brings to the world. The answer is none.

• You know it is just Microsoft Tay with filters right?

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

There are more advanced and more capable ai models for content generation like openai davinci, which is not free and only usable via api

edited March 2023

@mustafamw3 said:
    There are more advanced and more capable ai models for content generation like openai davinci, which is not free and only usable via api

Nobody wants to read AI generated content though. There's already enough of that sort of junk out there.

The human touch is what separates something useful from something that's total junk. Plus, you aren't going to find a LLM that will produce something real/new that's actually correct.

Thanked by 1martheen
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2023

The first answer:

Firstly, paid services may offer additional features or capabilities that are not available with a free service. These might include more advanced natural language processing algorithms, better support and customer service, or additional customization options.

Secondly, some businesses or organizations may require greater control over their AI-generated content, such as the ability to customize the tone or style of the writing to fit their brand or audience. A paid service may offer more flexibility in this regard.

Finally, some users may simply prefer the peace of mind that comes with paying for a service. They may feel that a paid service is more reliable or secure than a free one, or they may appreciate the additional support and resources that come with a paid subscription.

Of course, every business or individual will have different needs and preferences when it comes to AI content generation. It's important to carefully evaluate the options and choose the service that best fits your unique requirements.

But maybe we spice this up a bit…

Prompt: Now rewrite that answer in the style of Jarland Donnell from MXroute

Answer:

Hey there, friend! As a long-time MXroute guy, I can tell you that when it comes to AI content generation, there are some solid reasons why folks might opt for a paid service over a free one like ChatGPT.

First off, paid services tend to offer more bang for your buck. You might get access to more advanced features and natural language processing algorithms, plus some top-notch support and customer service to boot.

Secondly, if you're running a business or organization that needs to maintain a particular brand voice or writing style, a paid service can give you more control and customization options. That's crucial if you want your content to really resonate with your target audience.

And finally, some folks just feel better about paying for a service. Maybe it's the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're getting top-quality support and resources, or maybe it's just the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting a business that's providing a valuable service. Whatever the reason, there's definitely something to be said for going the paid route.

Now, don't get me wrong, ChatGPT is a great service and it's hard to beat free. But when it comes to AI content generation, it's worth considering all your options and choosing the service that's going to best meet your unique needs.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Now I asked it to answer the question in the style of @Francisco:

Well, hey there, my friend! This is a great question, and one that I'm happy to weigh in on.

Now, when it comes to AI content generation, there's no denying that ChatGPT is a solid option. I mean, who doesn't love free, right? But the thing is, there are plenty of reasons why folks might choose a paid AI service over a free one like ChatGPT.

For one thing, paid services often offer more advanced features and capabilities than their free counterparts. You might get access to more sophisticated natural language processing algorithms, more customization options, or better customer support. And if you're running a business or organization, those things can be critical.

Speaking of businesses, a paid AI service can also give you more control over your content. You might be able to fine-tune the tone or style of your writing to better fit your brand, or get more specific about the type of content you want generated.

And then there's the peace of mind factor. With a paid service, you can feel confident that you're getting top-notch support and resources, and that your AI-generated content is going to be reliable and high-quality.

So, while ChatGPT is certainly a viable option, there are plenty of reasons why someone might choose a paid AI service instead. At the end of the day, it really comes down to your unique needs and priorities.

• @mustafamw3 said: Google Rewarding high-quality content, however it is produced

Sure, but here's the thing

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181748/ideas-for-saas-business

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I want to open saas business
    Need ideas, tips, etc
    Best regards

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183894/do-i-need-accountant-after-registering-ltd

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I planing to convert my sole trader into ltd
    Do I need accountant after registering?
    Is it hard to file tax returns in uk?
    How can I learn accounting?
    Best regards

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/154245/i-registered-a-us-domain-and-i-am-not-resident-or-citizen-of-us

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I have registered .us domain name recently and now I found that .us domain only for us citizen , should I delete it ?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/154873/shutting-down-website

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi guys
    I have a blog website and I want to shut it down because it don't get enough traffic and there are millions of website to compete with . websites are waste of time and money in my opinion . you will get more viewers If you run a facebook page

Your human-generated content is already trash. Do you really think your AI-generated content will be any better?

Thanked by 1jackb

@inland said:

@mustafamw3 said: Google Rewarding high-quality content, however it is produced

Sure, but here's the thing

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181748/ideas-for-saas-business

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I want to open saas business
    Need ideas, tips, etc
    Best regards

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183894/do-i-need-accountant-after-registering-ltd

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I planing to convert my sole trader into ltd
    Do I need accountant after registering?
    Is it hard to file tax returns in uk?
    How can I learn accounting?
    Best regards

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/154245/i-registered-a-us-domain-and-i-am-not-resident-or-citizen-of-us

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I have registered .us domain name recently and now I found that .us domain only for us citizen , should I delete it ?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/154873/shutting-down-website

@mustafamw3 said:
    Hi guys
    I have a blog website and I want to shut it down because it don't get enough traffic and there are millions of website to compete with . websites are waste of time and money in my opinion . you will get more viewers If you run a facebook page

Your human-generated content is already trash. Do you really think your AI-generated content will be any better?

Thanks for feedback
    I won't be trash, because I trust openai api

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

I don't think @mustafamw3 gives a rip about the world. He sees it as a way to make money.

I'm not saying that polluting search results with AI-generated spam that 7,000,000,000 other people have to wade through just so you can make a buck equotes to other forms of "screw the rest of the world, I just want cash" like peddling drugs or selling slaves...not at all. It's way at the other end of the spectrum.

But it's on the same spectrum.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@raindog308 said:

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

@jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

I don't think @mustafamw3 gives a rip about the world. He sees it as a way to make money.

I'm not saying that polluting search results with AI-generated spam that 7,000,000,000 other people have to wade through just so you can make a buck equotes to other forms of "screw the rest of the world, I just want cash" like peddling drugs or selling slaves...not at all. It's way at the other end of the spectrum.

But it's on the same spectrum.

Just make money, who cares, it's legal and legitimate business model

Any suggestions for business name?

@mustafamw3 said: Any suggestions for business name?

Sociopath Solutions, Ltd.

• @jackb said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Copywriter here, checking in to say fuck OP.

• @inland said:

Has to be?

• @jar said:
    First off, paid services tend to offer more bang for your buck.

I'm curious. What is better, getting a lot of value for some dollars, or any value from zero dollars?

AI: discuss amongst yourselves.

• @TimboJones said: Has to be?

The AI output is only as good as the prompt you give it, does it not work this way?

• @inland said:

@TimboJones said: Has to be?

The AI output is only as good as the prompt you give it, does it not work this way?

No. If it wasn't any better, there wouldn't be any point. Hint: the training model data is more important than the inputs.

• @jmaxwell said:
    While it's true that ChatGPT is a powerful language model that is available at no cost, there are several reasons why someone might choose to use a different AI model or pay for a different AI service:

Specific Use Cases: ChatGPT is designed to be a general-purpose language model, but there may be specialized AI models that are better suited for certain use cases, such as computer vision or speech recognition.

Customization: Some paid AI services may offer greater customization options or the ability to train models on specific datasets, allowing for more tailored and accurate results.

Support: Paid AI services may offer dedicated customer support or consulting services, which can be valuable for businesses or organizations that need assistance in integrating AI into their workflows.

Confidentiality: Some businesses may be hesitant to use a free, publicly available AI service for sensitive or confidential data due to security concerns. Paid AI services may offer greater assurances of privacy and security.

Scalability: Paid AI services may offer greater scalability options for businesses or organizations that need to process large amounts of data quickly and efficiently.
    Ultimately, the decision to use a particular AI model or service will depend on the specific needs and goals of the business or organization.

This must be AI-generated answer.

Thanked by 1Void
  • emghemgh Member

BankRate does produce good AI content with manual writing "on top of it". It's possible.

Will this guy do it? Probably not.

• One big reason to not build a business around a free service is that one day the service may no longer be available and then your business will fail.
    I'm not saying that I'm hoping this happens to you, but I would not cry if it does.

Also, more serious businesses may have a problem with sending their data to a service that in turn sends it to another service over which they have absolutely no control. Depending on the type of data, it might even be illegal in some countries.