Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideas for saas business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ideas for saas business

mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Hi
I want to open saas business
Need ideas, tips, etc
Best regards

Comments

• How do I make money without any effort?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

I want a piece of string. How long? How thick? Who knows.

Before thinking about starting a software service business, you need to know what problem you want to solve and whether there's a market for the solution.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@MrLime said:
    How do I make money without any effort?

Starting saas business requires alot of effort

Thanked by 2Havy devp
  • Low effort prank.. I see...
    I mean...
    Delete thread?

• pikepike Veteran

Buy sheep, feed them and provide shelter. When it's time you cut the wool off and fill cottonbags with it.

@Hxxx said:
    Low effort prank.. I see...
    I mean...
    Delete thread?

I should post it in Lowefforttalk forum

I have few ideas
    Crm
    Seo solutions

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2022

@mustafamw3 said:
    I have few ideas
    Crm
    Seo solutions

Both of those are broad and fairly saturated markets.

Rather than come from an angle of "I want to start a SaaS business" you need to think about:

• problems that you can solve, that don't have a readily available/accessible/affordable solution
    • where these problems are something that enough people would pay for a solution

Or, build something you yourself would find useful and maybe it might be a success - but more often than not while it might be a success for you personally, it might not succeed commercially. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

Ultimately most attempts like this will either make a product nobody needs, make a product that has shortfalls compared to competitors or no moat; or try to make a product and not succeed.

Come at this from the wrong angle and you will probably just lose money, time or both.

• @jackb unironically very simple but good advice. The b in your name is for business?

Thanked by 1jackb
  • @mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I want to open saas business
    Need ideas, tips, etc
    Best regards

Make sure it has a REST API

Thanked by 2mustafamw3 emgh
  • devpdevp Member
    edited October 2022

You started your first post in 2017 by asking for billing license suggestion. We would like to know about your experiences there.

• @pike said:
    Buy sheep, feed them and provide shelter. When it's time you cut the wool off and fill cottonbags with it.

Sheep-As-A-Service

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @mustafamw3 said:

@MrLime said:
    How do I make money without any effort?

Starting saas business requires alot of effort

not enough effort to press spacebar between "a" and "l"

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • First identify what you are good at, what type of services you can offer.
    Try to find out problems that can be solved using your services.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • HavyHavy Member
    edited October 2022

@mustafamw3 said:
    I have few ideas
    Crm
    Seo solutions

Both of those are broad and fairly saturated markets.

Rather than come from an angle of "I want to start a SaaS business" you need to think about:

• problems that you can solve, that don't have a readily available/accessible/affordable solution
    • where these problems are something that enough people would pay for a solution

Or, build something you yourself would find useful and maybe it might be a success - but more often than not while it might be a success for you personally, it might not succeed commercially. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

Ultimately most attempts like this will either make a product nobody needs, make a product that has shortfalls compared to competitors or no moat; or try to make a product and not succeed.

Come at this from the wrong angle and you will probably just lose money, time or both.

Doing a service for your own successfulness couldn't been more said!! It's too often success is only "clocked in" as in how many dollars a project does rather than how successful it make you personally as. Either on it own or in addition to racking in some cash as well.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited October 2022

Maybe start a SaaS that tell people an idea for a Saas? So you could use your own SaaS to get an idea for your own SaaS?

@OhJohn said:
    Maybe start a SaaS that tell people an idea for a Saas? So you could use your own SaaS to get an idea for your own SaaS?

Great idea

• emgemg Veteran

@OhJohn said:

Ahh, recursion. When @mustafamw3 writes it and runs it, the answer they will get is the idea to "Write a SAAS tool that recommends SAAS tools, and ask it."

It reminds the compilers that are written in in the same programming language that they compile. Well, sort of.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • @OhJohn said:

Yo' dawg, I heard you like sass.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @OhJohn said:

Make it even more effortless and use a chatbot AI to generate ideas.

• @ralf said:

@OhJohn said:

Yo' dawg, I heard you like sass.

I like my service all saas all saas all saas

• @OhJohn said: Maybe start a SaaS that tell people an idea for a Saas? So you could use your own SaaS to get an idea for your own SaaS?

there are already various "idea" platforms that earn money with exactly this!

Thanked by 1Havy

I am to quit my current job, and start this business

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@mustafamw3 said:

Dont do that mistake, many people think that they've seen a profitable model, they want to leave their jobs start something but ideally you're digging your own grave if you don't have a solid business or client base ready to take up your financial burden.

My suggestion would be to keep it as a side hustle until you achieve a point where it makes sense to leave the job.

Thanked by 2mustafamw3 emg
  • emgemg Veteran

@mustafamw3 said:

That is a very very bad idea, especially if you must depend on that business to earn a living.

-> Start with web searches related to "How to write a business plan." A business plan is an essential first step.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@emg said:

@mustafamw3 said:

That is a very very bad idea, especially if you must depend on that business to earn a living.

-> Start with web searches related to "How to write a business plan." A business plan is an essential first step.

I have two jobs currently, I am planning to let go one of them, so I have time for my business

• emgemg Veteran

@mustafamw3 said:

I have two jobs currently, I am planning to let go one of them, so I have time for my business

Before you quit either one of them, write a good, honest, realistic business plan. Then you will have a much better understanding of your overall situation. Better planning will yield a higher chance of success.

Start with no assumptions, including ones like, "I am to quit my current job". Quitting one of your jobs may be fairly obvious if the new business is to succeed, but let the business plan help you determine what you should do, in what order.

@emg said:

@mustafamw3 said:

Before you quit either one of them, write a good, honest, realistic business plan. Then you will have a much better understanding of your overall situation. Better planning will yield a higher chance of success.

Start with no assumptions, including ones like, "I am to quit my current job". Quitting one of your jobs may be fairly obvious if the new business is to succeed, but let the business plan help you determine what you should do, in what order.

Thanks,
    I will start writing a business plan

Thanked by 1emg
  • Well, more power to you! Hope you find whatever you are searching for and prosper along the way.