Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I registered a .us domain and I am not resident or citizen of us
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I registered a .us domain and I am not resident or citizen of us

mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Hi
I have registered .us domain name recently and now I found that .us domain only for us citizen , should I delete it ?

Comments

• watch out for FBI...they are coming any minute now....

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

It appears that no one is really checking it, but if someone finds your domain because you are using it in public they may report that and you will loose it.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • Here comes LA MIGRA!

Thanked by 1MrH
  • Neustar doesn't care because Chinese users sign up, have their details in the WHOIS, and when you report WHOIS inaccuracies Neustar won't do anything. You're fine but anticipate you could have a problem.

I'll gladly be the US registrant of that domain for $10/domain/year.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

doughmanes said: Neustar doesn't care because Chinese users sign up, have their details in the WHOIS, and when you report WHOIS inaccuracies Neustar won't do anything. You're fine but anticipate you could have a problem.

I'll gladly be the US registrant of that domain for $10/domain/year.

Is there a risk of losing .us domain ?

• Duh your post is about how you're not complying with their requirements of being a US citizen

• Yes, i lose some my domain .us because not USA citizen

Thanked by 1mustafamw3

@hawkjohn7 said:
    Yes, i lose some my domain .us because not USA citizen

Thanks . I think it's better to delete a .us domain rather than having a risk of loosing it .

• Time to immigrate.

Thanked by 2mustafamw3 dedipromo
  • Iamnotresidentorcitizenof.us would be OK

comXyz said: Iamnotresidentorcitizenof.us would be OK

>

They won't notice :wink:

• Citizenship is a social construct and doesn't really exist. Do you feel being American when you use .us domain? It's not about some stamp in your papers, they are just tools of control and oppression. What matters is how you feel about the whole situation. Marginalized, abused, tyrannized, sexually exploited? That's good, that gives you rights to fight the good fight. Keep their US privilege checked.

Thanked by 4eol mustafamw3 Nekki asv
  • @Yura said:
    Citizenship is a social construct and doesn't really exist. Do you feel being American when you use .us domain? It's not about some stamp in your papers, they are just tools of control and oppression. What matters is how you feel about the whole situation. Marginalized, abused, tyrannized, sexually exploited? That's good, that gives you rights to fight the good fight. Keep their US privilege checked.

You're funny, but I still have this urge to punch you in the head.

• @Letzien said:

@Yura said:
    Citizenship is a social construct and doesn't really exist. Do you feel being American when you use .us domain? It's not about some stamp in your papers, they are just tools of control and oppression. What matters is how you feel about the whole situation. Marginalized, abused, tyrannized, sexually exploited? That's good, that gives you rights to fight the good fight. Keep their US privilege checked.

You're funny, but I still have this urge to punch you in the head.

You are not funny and I still don't give a damn about you. I know, I know, life is not fair.

Thanked by 4eol Letzien pike asv
  • @Yura said:
    You are not funny and I still don't give a damn about you. I know, I know, life is not fair.

Fair enough. I'll deadname you until you are overcome with regret and become an hero.

• @mustafamw3 said:
    Hi
    I have registered .us domain name recently and now I found that .us domain only for us citizen , should I delete it ?

Quick, apply for a green card.

Thanked by 1eol
  • $500K for a EB5 and then you can keep your domain. Seems a little pricey for a domain name though...

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • Enjoy your domain. Activate some whois protection (if available) and nobody cares.

• doughmanes said: I'll gladly be the US registrant of that domain for $10/domain/year.

webnames.ca states ".US terms and conditions prohibit registrars or other third parties from offering a proxy service that would otherwise allow a non-qualifying Registrant to register a .US domain name. Therefore, all .US Registrants must directly meet all.US presence requirements as outlined above."

• Jake4Jake4 Member
    edited December 2018

They don't even bother checking what address you give them as long as you state USA they don't care. They'll only do something if someone wants the domain taken down for legal reasons or if they get bribed or spam reported to take it down for the non resident reason.