Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyshared.net - Web hosting and Reseller hosting plan now available! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyshared.net - Web hosting and Reseller hosting plan now available!

Comments

• nfnnfn Veteran

Hi, are shared plans on DA or Cpanel?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@nfn said:
    Hi, are shared plans on DA or Cpanel?

No chance of looking at the second post of this thread (or short of this, at the web page)?

Congrats on your first post of 2023

Thanked by 1nfn
  • @nfn said: Hi, are shared plans on DA or Cpanel?

shared on cP.

Thanked by 2nfn greentea
  • I'm probably missing something obvious, so don't want to submit a ticket, but is anyone running PHP8 on the LX Reseller node?

If I go to: User -> Extra features -> Select PHP Version -> it has "Current PHP version 8.1 (current)"

but the site/domain is still uses 7.3. There's another PHP option if you go to Domain Management -> PHP Version Selector which opens a different dropdown to the one before, and that only has the options "PHP 5.6 lsphp", "PHP 7.2 lsphp", "PHP 7.3 lsphp", if I change this the site version changes... but there's no v8 in this list.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • adlyadly Veteran

@zako12 said:
    I'm probably missing something obvious, so don't want to submit a ticket, but is anyone running PHP8 on the LX Reseller node?

If I go to: User -> Extra features -> Select PHP Version -> it has "Current PHP version 8.1 (current)"

but the site/domain is still uses 7.3. There's another PHP option if you go to Domain Management -> PHP Version Selector which opens a different dropdown to the one before, and that only has the options "PHP 5.6 lsphp", "PHP 7.2 lsphp", "PHP 7.3 lsphp", if I change this the site version changes... but there's no v8 in this list.

Probably down to using CloudLinux. Don’t change the PHP version using the DirectAdmin domain options - stick with the CL Select PHP Version options.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • zako12zako12 Member
    edited March 2023

If you mean the CL version as in, Extra Features -> Select PHP version, that's the problem, changing it there isn't doing anything. The site(s) still use 7.3 even if I pick 8.1 on that page. It only seems to change if I do it via the DA domain options but then it only has the deprecated v7.3

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Set it back to the default/top option, on the 'domain' PHP manager.

I'm going to most likely disable all the other PHP's and just leave CL in place.

Francisco

Thanked by 2zako12 adly
  • zako12zako12 Member
    edited March 2023

Thanks @Francisco, setting the domain one back to the top option (7.2) worked to give me 8.1.

That seems like a very unintuitive design decision by DirectAdmin, why would they not indicate in the dropdown that the top option actually uses the version configured by another plugin/CL :neutral:. (although tbf it is in their docs)

@zako12 said: That seems like a very unintuitive design decision by DirectAdmin, why would they not indicate in the dropdown that the top option actually uses the version configured by another plugin/CL . (although tbf it is in their docs)

Well, that's not DA's fault, cPanel has the same issue with MultiPHP.

Francisco

• Can i use blesta on my own hosting

• 2pm2pm Member

@reynaldiarya said:
    Can i use blesta on my own hosting

No

• @Francisco said:

@adly said:

@Francisco said:

@adly said:

@Francisco said:

@rcy026 said: Damn it, I've been waiting so long to get a buyshared reseller account and it falls on a dealbreaker like this.

I'll put in a feature improvement request to DA. It's possible there's a way to do both, but at last time we did V6 we had to 'link' the V6 to the V4. There was no way to give each user/reseller their own V6 + a shared V4.

Francisco

I do this all the time (shared v4 and multiple unique v6 per user/account), unless I’m misunderstanding what you’re trying to achieve.

On DA resellers? But yes that would be it.

Francisco

This works for me for both users and resellers, albeit in a manual fashion. That is I can assign a shared IPv4 to a reseller, and allocate them say 100 IPv6 addresses which they can then allocate to users.

I’ll fiddle with it tonight :)

Francisco

Just checking if there is any progress on this? I'm about to consolidate hosting for a bunch of very small websites so a reseller account would be perfect for it, but no ipv6 is a dealbreaker for me.

• megawebmegaweb Member
    edited April 2023

For almost 3years i have used these guys. Received a suspension message yesterday and renew today, After renew i was informed the service had already been terminated. During renewal i could see my disk usage data. Now all Gone. All active dev / active website data gone. Hoping acronis still get some of my files or am toast.

https://disk.yandex.com/i/rI_zKSsgmd2fZg

@megaweb said: For almost 3years i have used these guys. Received a suspension message yesterday and renew today, After renew i was informed the service had already been terminated. During renewal i could see my disk usage data. Now all Gone. All active dev / active website data gone. Hoping acronis still get some of my files or am toast.

https://disk.yandex.com/i/rI_zKSsgmd2fZg

Invoices go out around the 20th of the month. You were suspended on the 4th of this month, and then terminated this morning. There was plenty of time to make arrangements to sort things out.

You can ask if there's a backup available, Acronis is available now on Directadmin for instance.

Francisco

• Your Termination policy isn't favorable. Incase someone is unavailable for one reason or another. As you can see the above image, That was when i saw the suspension note.
    About the Acronis - Please could you follow up, I was told could take some time due to the way acronis saves backup. even maybe just the databases. I could recreate the other files

• And i had balance in my last card i used in payment, but i have discovered default is paypal. And the card isn't linked to paypal!

@megaweb said: Your Termination policy isn't favorable. Incase someone is unavailable for one reason or another. As you can see the above image, That was when i saw the suspension note.

About the Acronis - Please could you follow up, I was told could take some time due to the way acronis saves backup. even maybe just the databases. I could recreate the other files

We send invoices on the 20th or so of the previous month. You have 2 weeks to pay, or cancel. It's pretty simple.

You can ticket and see what we have, acronis should/probably have something.

Francisco

• If i was available, I would have paid manually, Have access to internet this morning,

• Ticket number #299940

• Am Toast

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@megaweb said:
    Am Toast

Eveyone shouts it from the rooftops… why don’t you keep backups if it was important to you?

• HxxxHxxx Member

I feel bad for the user here, but is indeed our own fault as customers. We should have our own backups and configure auto pay. It happens. I'm sure everyone here has experienced this one way or another accidentally.

• @rsk said:

@megaweb said:
    Am Toast

Everyone shouts it from the rooftops… why don’t you keep backups if it was important to you?

@Hxxx said:
    I feel bad for the user here, but is indeed our own fault as customers. We should have our own backups and configure auto pay. It happens. I'm sure everyone here has experienced this one way or another accidentally.

My Bad for not making backup myself.
    Never saw this Coming - As most other backup, I used the account for that.

**During renewal , I could still see my Disk Space Used ~ 19 GB.
    After renewal - seen service active but with 0.0 DISK used and couldn't login.

If i could have login maybe a minute or 2 earlier. Maybe.....

Was informed account was in the process of termination during renewal.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@megaweb said:
    Am Toast

Why not just pay before the final deadline? Why live so dangerously?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @angstrom said:

@megaweb said:
    Am Toast

Why not just pay before the final deadline? Why live so dangerously?

Or use auto PayPal billing. So much easier and don’t have to worry about pay each monthly invoice

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • As said I have used service for almost 3 years and never had any payment issues, I happened to be away for a while with no access to internet.

My PayPal is send only and charges extra fees so not often used. I only use paypal with the service i use doesn't accept credit card.

• MixWPMixWP Member

@Francisco said:

Some notes:

• There is no longer a free dedicated IP, it's now $5.00/month.
    • Jetbackup should be available on Directadmin this week.
    • Shared plans are still cPanel based.

Francisco

Any chance for python app on the directadmin version? Got some small python apps to host like small discord bot that is able to host on a 256mb ram kvm vps...

@MixWP said: Any chance for python app on the directadmin version? Got some small python apps to host like small discord bot that is able to host on a 256mb ram kvm vps...

I don't want people hosting bots/etc on the service. It's just asking for people to start trying to host gamers/etc and begging that we open ports for them.

Python is on the servers, but not web apps.

Francisco

To give an update on backups.

Acronis hasn't worked out for us. While the backups do run, recovering backups that aren't registered in the system (say, we have a reseller that deleted an account and wants us to recover) is borderline impossible.

We have to use their web file browser which is a total pain in the ass since you can't specify a path to traverse to, you have to manually browse to it, and everything is lazy loaded, only showing 50 accounts at a time.

Jet's working well so we'll be swapping to that in the next few days.

Sorry about the mix up. We really wanted to use Acronis since, when it works, it generates backups extremely quickly. That wasn't the case though and almost every node we have would do full passes, not block incremental.

Francisco

• do you have auto backups on the VPS Nodes? If yes, what you use there?